Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Anyone else having difficulty getting to play an online seasons game? I keep getting connection to opponent has been lost, like all day in division six..... no problem playing online tournaments though

Whoever recommended Osvaldo to replace Michu, I love you :P

My win rates have improved dramatically with him.
    I'm using Osvaldo for my cheap PL team.

Got the perfect hattrick achievement with him last night.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Just bought Lahm for 28K :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Anyone else having difficulty getting to play an online seasons game? I keep getting connection to opponent has been lost, like all day in division six..... no problem playing online tournaments though

the servers are acting stupid for me tonight got DC in 2 games and hasnt happened so far apart from tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Nolars wrote: »
    the servers are acting stupid for me tonight got DC in 2 games and hasnt happened so far apart from tonight.

I had major issues yesterday with the marketplace so got onto ea help desk yoke, had it sorted in minutes for me then gave me a free gold pack for my hassles...... sound lads...if only I could play a fecking game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I won a few games in online season and got no coins for them and the wins did not show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Really liking the 4-3-3 and 4-3-3v4 formations..went back to my italian team for the fast wingers with high dribble skills.

alos got 1k today as the web present :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

haha ok **** this.

Ive only played 8 games on Ultimate team so far and already sick of it.

Ive mostly being playing career mode the gameplay is SO much better ffs.

Number one thing thats a ****ing bitch on ultimate team is heading.

Every single game u will see them scored from crosses or corners its so over powered towards them u just no it will happen the more corners or crosses u give away.

The second game i played finished 4-4 all headers ffs.

Lob threw ball is even worse then last year once u have fast forwards u can pretty much take out whole line of defense with a threw ball from nearly anywhere on the pitch at times!!!.

I actually aint been playing to bad just so annoying to be playing well enough and being screwed by the gameplay.

Eder is class by the way so is Draxler.

Think ill be sticking to career mode though million times more enjoyable and actually some what fairer as well.

Dont even get me started on the people with squads that where clearly bought with real money as well......

haha ok **** this.

Ive only played 8 games on Ultimate team so far and already sick of it.

patch was out today doesnt seem as bad lobbed balls, headers etc

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/2630006.page#28406977

patch was out today doesnt seem as bad lobbed balls, headers etc

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/2630006.page#28406977

mmmm interesting no sign of it yet on my end though is it an update before the game or ?

• Advertisement

mmmm interesting no sign of it yet on my end though is it an update before the game or ?

I got it today when I switched on the console on 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Think were getting it tomorrow

Hope it at least fixs the headers because there seriously a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Hope it at least fixs the headers because there seriously a joke.

I just hope it fixs player switching. That's letting me down big time. Its why fifa is currently sittimg in the corner gathering dust and it will stay there :p

I had a problem with that at the start with the demo but switched it over in the settings and seemed better for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Messi19

After having about 10 disconnects whilst on the team loading screen in the last 2 days. After wrecking my current season and dnf multiplier. Sort it out EA :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I just hope it fixs player switching. That's letting me down big time. Its why fifa is currently sittimg in the corner gathering dust and it will stay there :p

explains why I've to click about 20 times before getting the player I want...also the pace whores are back and seems way overpowered again since the patch..frakking EA..I hate them with a passion.

Played my first game for a few days, finesse shots are deffo not half as bad and headers don't seem to be as bad.

On the other hand the game is just not fun for me after playing about 70 odd games, switching players seems so bad and not fluid at all. Its obvious the game was made for next gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

What team/formation is everyone using? I'm just starting off now. I'm using 4-4-2(2) where the two CMs are CDMs.

Team is:

Howard
    Debuchy, Distin, Bassong, Santon
    Deulofeu, Sissoko, Diaby, Jarvis
    Chicharito-Berba

Subs: Kone, Nzonzi

I got Chicharito in a pack. Managed to win D1 every season in FUT13, but I'm sure it'll be way more difficult this year with 10 divisions.

I'll probably revert back to 4-3-3 as it gets tougher rising through the divisions. Lukaku or Benteke would be an ideal lone front man. In FUT12 Lukaku was unstoppable.

I used Ba or Balotelli last year (seeing as Lukaku was silver) and they were ridiculously good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

v3ttel wrote: »
    What team/formation is everyone using? I'm just starting off now. I'm using 4-4-2(2) where the two CMs are CDMs.

Team is:

Howard
    Chicharito-Berba

I got Chicharito in a pack. Managed to win D1 every season in FUT13, but I'm sure it'll be way more difficult this year with 10 divisions.

I'll probably revert back to 4-3-3 as it gets tougher rising through the divisions. Lukaku or Benteke would be an ideal lone front man. In FUT12 Lukaku was unstoppable.

I used Ba or Balotelli last year (seeing as Lukaku was silver) and they were ridiculously good too.

I have 4 teams France, Germany, Italy and England.

Ive took the long way around building a good team as I tried to build it around teams I like.
    I play a 442(2) with them all

Szeny
    Debuchy, Mertersacker, Ferdinand, Kolorav
    Ben Arfa, Lampard, Wilkshire, Young
    Giroud, Benteke

is the main team Ive used mostly but have been picking my german team more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Really confusing weekend. So I came home Friday night to find Fifa14 in the mailbox.

Went ahead and played some general games to get used to the new changes and gameplay, and when I logged into ultimate team, the fun began.

So as we all know the web app launched a while back, where you could make and maintain your 14 team. SO I did so, I got a starter pack like everyone, and was making and tweaking my team.

I logged into Fifa, and it was nowhere to be seen, instead a new team was created.
    I logged back into the webapp at home, and my team was gone, replaced with a new team created in the game.

I only have one origin account, so its not a case I have multiple. Confused and annoyed to be honest.

Anyone had this issue?

TheDoc wrote: »
    Really confusing weekend. So I came home Friday night to find Fifa14 in the mailbox.

Went ahead and played some general games to get used to the new changes and gameplay, and when I logged into ultimate team, the fun began.

So as we all know the web app launched a while back, where you could make and maintain your 14 team. SO I did so, I got a starter pack like everyone, and was making and tweaking my team.

I logged into Fifa, and it was nowhere to be seen, instead a new team was created.
    I logged back into the webapp at home, and my team was gone, replaced with a new team created in the game.

I only have one origin account, so its not a case I have multiple. Confused and annoyed to be honest.

Anyone had this issue?

happened me a few days after the web app launched my team was deleted or so I thought. Came back a few days later and it was restored.

happened me a few days after the web app launched my team was deleted or so I thought. Came back a few days later and it was restored.

Cool

Well I found out that the packs I open are part of a club, and what I lost was just a squad, not my club, so I'll be grand ;)

*Actually found what the problem is. On the Webapp there is a menu "Persona" and under it I have two "personas". Xbox and PSN.

It seems that while I was operating on the Webapp it was assinging everything to my Xbox persona, not the PSN one. That is retarded

Anyone know if I can meld the two?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

v3ttel wrote: »

Team is:

Howard
    Chicharito-Berba

You won division one every single time?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    You won division one every single time?!?

I think I only played D1 4 times though. Presume if I played it 30 times, I'd have been relegated out of it a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

People saying about Pacy teams being dominent. I found that was a lot easier in FIFA 13. Last fifa was all about Pace. This one I feel is more about Strength. I'm using stronger more physical players rather than small and fast

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

People saying about Pacy teams being dominent. I found that was a lot easier in FIFA 13. Last fifa was all about Pace. This one I feel is more about Strength. I'm using stronger more physical players rather than small and fast

Maybe so for forwards, but for defence, fast defenders are still king. I absolutely hate coming up against a fast back 4 with high pressure tactic set on. Its nigh on impossible to get a chance at their goal with them always rushing to you, making perfect tackles 90% of the time.

Really struggling to make coincs here.

I like the prospect of buying low and selling high, having a little flip here and there. Something to do during work when I'm not at home playing.

But I'm finding it a struggle. Friends on the Xbox keep giving me advice saying its a piece of piss, they all have pretty powerful teams. On Playstation though the market behaves differently and its really difficult.

Anyone had any success on PSN flipping?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

TheDoc wrote: »
    Really struggling to make coincs here.

I like the prospect of buying low and selling high, having a little flip here and there. Something to do during work when I'm not at home playing.

But I'm finding it a struggle. Friends on the Xbox keep giving me advice saying its a piece of piss, they all have pretty powerful teams. On Playstation though the market behaves differently and its really difficult.

Anyone had any success on PSN flipping?

I go for consumables you pick up the odd chemistry changer on the cheap cause people dont check them..players are pretty hard to come by ive found never get much cheaper than the norm..i have bought a few cheap like shaw and gnasry in the hope they go like januzaj and sky rocket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Just a comment on an earlier post in this thread, I'm also finding switching players to be really difficult, I'd almost say that the vast majority of my goals conceded are down to erratic player switching or the switching occurring too slow.

Anyway I have a BPL team and its in a 4-3-3 formation with 1 CDM and 2 CM I'm wondering who I should get for the left CM role? I was thinking Erikssen but can anyone suggest another option of a similar price range?

Advertisement