Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

You'd be wasting coins/money buying packs. When fifa came out there was a dude streaming on twitch him opening 110k worth of fifa points in gold packs and he got nothing too special, considering how much he spent its stupid. Its hard at the start but you need to find a way of trading that suits you, buy low sell high worked well for me last year but havent really done much this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

I buy players with my coins every now and then i buy a few fifa points for the craic if theres a good TOTW

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

niallo24 wrote: »
    Lads is it better to buy silver/gold packs, or individually look to sign players? Only starting off in ultimate team, have near enough to get a silver pack but was wondering whether I might be better off just buying a few players here and there?

Depends on how lucky you are , I spent 100k on gold packs last night and pulled Reus , Danny Alves, Lewandowski , Baines , Mario Gomez and if Snieder.
    I have been surprising lucky in fifa 14 with packs where as in fifa 13 I rarely got anything of value.

Shammy wrote: »
    Depends on how lucky you are , I spent 100k on gold packs last night and pulled Reus , Danny Alves, Lewandowski , Baines , Mario Gomez and if Snieder.
    I have been surprising lucky in fifa 14 with packs where as in fifa 13 I rarely got anything of value.

They've definitely done something with packs pulling better players. Players like Vidic and Thiago Silva are a lot cheaper at this stage than previous games cause more of them cards are in circulation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

They've definitely done something with packs pulling better players. Players like Vidic and Thiago Silva are a lot cheaper at this stage than previous games cause more of them cards are in circulation.

Have to agree there way kinder ive got at least one player worth 20k+ in every 5 or 6 packs ive opened never got anything like that in FUT13

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

What else do you get in packs though? Is it mainly/all players? Thats all I would be looking for anyway!

Dave1711 wrote: »
    Have to agree there way kinder ive got at least one player worth 20k+ in every 5 or 6 packs ive opened never got anything like that in FUT13

I'd agree with this.

I've accounts across PS3/Xbox and PC.
    Was playing on Xbox this year and just trading to sell the coins, on PS3 and PC I was buying packs and going for broke.

While the returns aren't what they could be, I've had Walcott(better than last year), Jordi Alba, Kagawa, Gerrard and some crap Brazil LB who's only 68 or so but goes for 10k+.

I was convinced in previous years you had to be a poor player to get good players.
    Those players I got are far and away better than anything I pulled in 10 times the amount in previous years, those returns are from less than 10 packs.

I was always convinced that the chances of pulling a Messi/Ronaldo were 100 times less likely than pulling a Scott Parker even though the same amount were meant to be in packs.

Just look at the market and you'd see 1000s of those lower end shiny players plus face them multiple times.
    But you'd slim to never come across a Messi or Ronaldo(I only played Messi 4/5 times before and don't think I ever saw a Ronaldo)
    I think they may still be holding those players off.
    Haven't done a search to count or played many teams this year to see if that's still the case.
    But I've had better luck in packs this year for sure.

Legend ratings revealed so far

Sol Campbell - CB
    Teddy Sheringham - ST
    Freddie Ljungberg - CAM
    Gary Neville - RB
    Frank De Boer - CB
    Robbie Fowler - ST
    Stefan Effenberg - CAM

Filippo Inzaghi - ST
    Oliver Bierhoff - ST
    Paulo Future - LW
    Hernán Crespo - ST
    Pauleta - ST
    Gianfranco Zola - CF
    Cristian Vieri - ST
    Henrik Larsson - ST

Michael Owen - ST
    Robert Pirès - RM
    Andriy Shevchenko - ST
    Rui Costa - CAM
    Patrick Kluivert - ST
    Frank Rijkaard - CB
    Davor Šuker - ST

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

With the legend cards, will they be available in normal packs? Really want a Gary Neville :P

• Advertisement

Yeah they will be put randomly into packs.

I was reading up about them though and the legend cards will only have good chemistry if they are played with other legend cards or players from their country.

Thats a bit crap. I wanted to put Nedved, Maldini, Shevchenko etc into a Serie A team if I ever got them.

Hmm, that is a bit of a bummer. Wanted to make a Man United team with RVN, Neville and a few others in it :(

Hmm, that is a bit of a bummer. Wanted to make a Man United team with RVN, Neville and a few others in it :(

Ye Nedved is the main card I wanted.

But I can only play him with other legends (too expensive) or with Czech players so I'm not as exited for this as I was a few days ago before reading the chemistry stuff.

I probably wont be able to afford Nedved by himself anyway haha.

Still haven't decided between Xbox one and PS4 but I'm leaning more towards the PS4 now not that this had a huge influence on the decision but it would have been nice to have legend cards on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

The chemistry stuff was kind of obvious, if ya could use them in any team it would just the whole point of UT's set up.

Nolars wrote: »
    The chemistry stuff was kind of obvious, if ya could use them in any team it would just the whole point of UT's set up.

No, I was hoping it would tie them to the teams were they were at their best. Maldidni - Milan. Shevchenko - Milan. Nedved - Juventus etc and then they would get good chemistry with playing with Serie A players.

2nd last set of Legend ratings

David Seaman - GK
    Jens Lehmann - GK
    Patrick Vieira - CM

Gary Lineker - ST
    Fabio Cannavaro - CB
    Pavel Nedvěd - LM
    Gheorghe Hagi - CAM
    Fernando Hierro - CB
    Edwin van der Sar - GK
    Marcel Desailly - CB

Lehmann and Seaman were good keepers but they weren't THAT good :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

2nd last set of Legend ratings

David Seaman - GK
    Jens Lehmann - GK
    Patrick Vieira - CM

Gary Lineker - ST
    Fabio Cannavaro - CB
    Pavel Nedvěd - LM
    Gheorghe Hagi - CAM
    Fernando Hierro - CB
    Edwin van der Sar - GK
    Marcel Desailly - CB

Lehmann and Seaman were good keepers but they weren't THAT good :P

Vierra gonna be a beast in this. Even though he was a LM i was hoping Nedved would be a CAM, so much more useful there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

erkifino wrote: »

You can be sure the guy selling spent at least double that on points to open packs though.

I dont understand why people make a team with players from one club.

Just play normal seasons if thats the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Tinie wrote: »
    You can be sure the guy selling spent at least double that on points to open packs though.

He might of. Or he could possible have autobuyer software to trade coins to buy them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

He might of. Or he could possible have autobuyer software to trade coins to buy them

Hes either going to get scammed out of the cards. Once the "buyer" gets them, ill bet my bottom dollar they'll open a dispute with paypal claiming they weren't told these were digital items and they never got them, and paypal will refund them, but they'll have got the cards already. It happens often.

No, I was hoping it would tie them to the teams were they were at their best. Maldidni - Milan. Shevchenko - Milan. Nedved - Juventus etc and then they would get good chemistry with playing with Serie A players.

Yeah, was hoping this too.
    I mean, this means, for example, you'll struggle to get the Man United players working in a Man United legends team, since Van Der Sar won't link with other United defenders. RVN won't have chemistry with midfielders or wingers...

People are expecting a crash this week so if you have any expensive players you might want to sell them soon.

People are expecting a crash this week so if you have any expensive players you might want to sell them soon.

Why?

Why?

IF Ronaldo, Bale and Lewandoski is whats expected so there'll be a tonne of packs opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Also if there are any other decent IF's they will go for less then there value and you can sell them on in a few weeks for a profit.

I know he was primarily a LB through out his career (but did play at CB from time to time) but the Maldini card is something else!!

fut-legend-ratings-2-Maldini.jpg

Also the Pele card

fut-legend-ratings-1-Pele.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Also the Pele card

fut-legend-ratings-1-Pele.jpg

Can't wait for his Inform :pac:

Advertisement