Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

speaking of IF's i got the CB from roma Benatia.
    don't know wheater to keep him and make a squad with him and obgonna at the back. or just sell him

When will be the best time to buy players with the market crash?

Tomorrow evening when the TOTW start appearing in packs or wait a bit longer?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭kiad

Hey guys, so I've just started playing FUT recently (never really had an interest in it in previous games). Needless to say I'm loving it so far. Now I'm pretty sure I've started the exact WRONG way to start in this game (just jumping into games and spending all my coins on decent players). Anyway, there are a load of guides on how to play this game properly, but I'd like some advice on the best way to get started from you guys who've played it for a while.

Currently I have a team that has a mixture of bronze, silver and gold players. My first team has the best chemistry (83) but my bench and reserves has a lot to be desired. At the moment most of my first team is a bit knackered from playing too much. I have heard that its a waste to buy Fitness consumables and its better to spend coin on building a strong squad and rotating players out. I'm mainly just looking on where to go from here. I was thinking of starting a new squad with just bronze players (leaving my gold/silver guys to recover) and trying to get a good 100 chemistry bronze team first to play with in the tournaments ( to build more coins). Is this a wise move for early on in FUT career?

Also I got a bonus pack for completing the managers tasks in which I got Rafael. Now he doesnt fit into my team chemistry but he is a good player. Should I be looking to sell players like that this early or is it advisable to use him as his overall is stats are better for me than his lack of Chemistry?

Basically what I always did was rotate between a silver and gold squad.

I'd have my Gold squad bench and reserves full of the silver players so after one game they'd be 100% fitness.

When playing the Silver cup though you can only fit 5 Gold players in the reserves so I'd play two silver cup games and maybe leave the goalie out of the 10 players getting the reserve slot as he doesn't need the fitness as much or apply a basic fitness card to that 11th player.
    A decent silver squad is cheaply bought though, but the bench has to be silver.
    It's best to just get that silver/bronze squad and use those cups to rest the gold players until you can fill the second gold squad.

I'd only play 2 games max from 100 fitness, after the second game they'll be 92 or so, I wouldn't play another from there tbh.

In time you should be able to fill a second gold squad, then you can rotate each game keeping players 100 since you can fill the bench and reserves with gold players.

If a player isn't 9-10 chemistry, don't bother. Just handicapping yourself. This year when a player is new, you have to soldier on for 10 games before he goes from 9 to 10. But apart from that, stick to players who fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

TOTW http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/2671072.page

GK: Vincent Enyeama - LOSC Lille (76 > 78)
    RB: Mathieu Debuchy - Newcastle United (78 > 80)
    CB: Steven Caulker - Cardiff City (74 > 77)
    LB: Lucas Digne - Paris Saint-Germain (75 > 77)
    CAM: Ivelin Popov - Kuban Krasnodar (77 > 79)
    CM: Rubén Pardo - Real Sociedad (73 > 74)
    LW > LM: Cristiano Ronaldo - Real Madrid (92 > 93)
    RW: Domenico Berardi - Sassuolo (72 > 73)
    ST: Karim Benzema - Real Madrid (85 > 86)
    ST: Sergio Agüero - Manchester City (88 > 90)
    ST: Robert Lewandowski - Borussia Dortmund (86 > 88)

SUBS

GK: Roberto - Granada CF (73 > 74)
    CB: Rafał Grodzicki - Śląsk Wrocław (64 > 64)
    RM: André Hahn - FC Augsburg (67 > 71)
    CM: Steven Schumacher - Fleetwood Town (62 > 64)
    ST: Humberto Suazo - Monterrey (76 > 78)
    ST: Niclas Füllkrug - SpVgg Greuther Fürth (68 > 71)
    ST: Marius Helle - Sandnes Ulf (58 > 64)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Nolars wrote: »
    TOTW http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/2671072.page

GK: Vincent Enyeama - LOSC Lille (76 > 78)
    RB: Mathieu Debuchy - Newcastle United (78 > 80)
    CB: Steven Caulker - Cardiff City (74 > 77)
    LB: Lucas Digne - Paris Saint-Germain (75 > 77)
    CAM: Ivelin Popov - Kuban Krasnodar (77 > 79)
    CM: Rubén Pardo - Real Sociedad (73 > 74)
    LW > LM: Cristiano Ronaldo - Real Madrid (92 > 93)
    RW: Domenico Berardi - Sassuolo (72 > 73)
    ST: Karim Benzema - Real Madrid (85 > 86)
    ST: Sergio Agüero - Manchester City (88 > 90)
    ST: Robert Lewandowski - Borussia Dortmund (86 > 88)

SUBS

GK: Roberto - Granada CF (73 > 74)
    CB: Rafał Grodzicki - Śląsk Wrocław (64 > 64)
    RM: André Hahn - FC Augsburg (67 > 71)
    CM: Steven Schumacher - Fleetwood Town (62 > 64)
    ST: Humberto Suazo - Monterrey (76 > 78)
    ST: Niclas Füllkrug - SpVgg Greuther Fürth (68 > 71)
    ST: Marius Helle - Sandnes Ulf (58 > 64)

Pretty crazy team ill be buying myself some packs during the week..would love Aguero or Debuchy and of course Ronaldo..If anyone gets a Debuchy and is looking to sell PM me :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Might drop some money on a few packs. Some awesome players there.

Have started putting together an Argentinian Squad. Amazed how cheap some players are going for. I know that I wont ever get Messi or Aguero, but I've got Gaitan, Higuian and Lamela tearing it up right now, and they only cost 1000 each....

Got IF lewandowski awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah my luck is ridiculous this year go IF Ozil only 2 weeks ago.

Dave1711 wrote: »
    Got IF lewandowski awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah my luck is ridiculous this year go IF Ozil only 2 weeks ago.

shut up :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Lovely, opened a pack in misguided hope, got Gareth Barry whom I already have :( lol

• Advertisement

shut up :eek:

I know right! Bought like a fiver worth of Fifa Points and got him in my 3rd pack almost died..trying to see can i sell him as i don't really want a Bundesliga team

Im getting the feeling EA are rewarding peeps who spend money. As dave mentioned and some my friends who have spent money have got some good cards. Meanwhile the best player I got was worth about 6,000 coins.

They may well be but I'll be damned before I spend money on them, players only get you so far.

Got a code for a free gold pack through e-mail, to celebrate the launch of the Legends.

Im getting the feeling EA are rewarding peeps who spend money. As dave mentioned and some my friends who have spent money have got some good cards. Meanwhile the best player I got was worth about 6,000 coins.

I've been thinking this myself lately from what ive been hearing on different forums!
    I usually just buy the odd fiver worth of packs and ive never failed to get someone worth 20k+ hardly coincidence i would say.I also have a season pass don't know if they'd give preference to that!

Pack opening. €20. Really want an inform. Let's see...

(Listing my "rares" and any other interesting cards).

Pack 1: Elia, Fitness card and Valencia Away jersey.
    Pack 2: Two contracts and a position modifier.
    Pack 3: Felipe Cantana, Godin and a contract.
    Pack 4: Coentrao, Kaka, R. Martinez manager card. Also Pjanic and John o Shea :P
    Pack 5: Lindergaard, Contract, Silver Training.
    Pack 6: Varane, two contract cards.
    Pack 7: Fitness card, contract card & Foot Coach.
    Pack 8: Two healing cards and a training card. Also Diouf.
    Pack 9: Ronaldinho, Contract, Cricluma Crest.
    Pack 10: Kiebling, Arm coach and contract. Also Ganso and Ashley Williams
    Pack: 11: Wollscheid, Contract, Position modifier.
    Pack 12: Two contracts and a healing card.
    Pack 13: Palacio, Stuttgart jersey, R. Martinez AGAIN
    Pack 14: Terry, Donizete and position modifier.

So nothing spectacular, but a nice start for a Brazil team, and a BBVA team (Coentrao, Godin and Varane means three of my back 4 are sorted :P). Certainly nothing to suggest favoritism to people who spend real money though...also got a fair bit of coin though to start building on those two teams though.

So I put together a decent 100 chemistry Bronze squad yesterday using a lot of the guys I started off with. I tried to play some of the Bronze cup last night but over the course of the night I was not able to find a single game!! I then tried the Movember cup (as my team is now eligable) but was put up against a super team so I never stood a chance. Is there any home for cheaper teams like mine to play in, or will I have to start getting top class players to have a chance to play this game?

kiad wrote: »
    So I put together a decent 100 chemistry Bronze squad yesterday using a lot of the guys I started off with. I tried to play some of the Bronze cup last night but over the course of the night I was not able to find a single game!! I then tried the Movember cup (as my team is now eligable) but was put up against a super team so I never stood a chance. Is there any home for cheaper teams like mine to play in, or will I have to start getting top class players to have a chance to play this game?

You can build loads of cheap good gold teams.

Is there any point in buying Bronze/Silver players then?

Is there any point in buying Bronze/Silver players then?

Not really anymore unless there is a 6,000 coin tourney or so. In previous Fifa's it was easy to win with a silver team over a gold team, not so much anymore as in Fifa 14 silver's actually play like Silver's.

• Advertisement

My silver russians give most teams a run for their money and can win as often as they lose...

Quick question guys. How does playing a match effect the contracts of guys I own. Now I know if the player is on my team or subs it will lose one contract, but what about players on my reserves or guys that aren't even on the squad? Will they lose a contract point for every game I play? Similarly, can a player regain fitness by being left off a squad or on the reserves, or do I need to put them on the bench and not play them for the fitness level to get back up?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,626 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Quick question guys. How does playing a match effect the contracts of guys I own. Now I know if the player is on my team or subs it will lose one contract, but what about players on my reserves or guys that aren't even on the squad? Will they lose a contract point for every game I play? Similarly, can a player regain fitness by being left off a squad or on the reserves, or do I need to put them on the bench and not play them for the fitness level to get back up?

They need to play to lose a contract. So if they're an unused sub they won't lose one. Same goes for fitness, a used sub will lose fitness and an unused sub/reserve player (as long as they are in the current squad) will gain fitness. Annoyingly though players outside of the current squad don't gain fitness.

Ah, cool. Thanks man. Also, does anyone want to trade for Walter Montillo? He doesn't fit my current squad so I'm looking for a good Premiership CAM. I can't trade him because he was on my original pack of players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Anyone play this on PC? Have some Xbox coins that I might swap for PC coins if anyone is interested

Oooh, Player Promo packs! PACK OPENING!

Pack 1: Sanchez, Demichelis, IF Popov
    Pack 2: Rodas (Silver), Sterling, and another Silver
    Pack 3: Mathieu, Smalling, Mkhyitaryan
    Pack 4: Valdivia, Fabregas, Vargas
    Pack 5: Heton, Matuidi, Rozario

Happy! Fabregas and Sanchez to add to my BBVA team, and Popov should sell for a bit to buy another player or two :D

Anyone want to offer me striker advice?

I've got Villa LW, Sanchez RW, with Song and Fabregas behind. So looking for a lone striker. Have 20k coins.

Tempted by Torres who would get chem to 100 thanks to being Spanish. Costa is there who'd be more BBVA to match the team, but not sure if I like him. And I think Benzema could be got, but again, not sure of him.

Any advice?

EDIT: Actually, ANY striker seems to get chem up to 100 (it's at 97 without a striker) so really, it's a case of "I have 20k coins, who who should be my striker"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Pretty happy with my two squads so far.

My Spanish La Liga squad I made on the end of this week as I had 20k coins knocking about, was able to put this together with money to spare.

http://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/football-club/ultimate-team/show-off?showoffId=feQ8NjVgnKr8y:ps3

Torres is doing well as a stop gap until I can accrue enough coins for Benzema, but relatively happy with it considering it's cost, and I'm undefeated with the team thus far.

My bundesliga team is my main squad, that I try improve when coins allow. Relatively happy with the squad including some decent subs. Kroos was my latest addition, although feel Lars Bender was offering me more goals

http://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/football-club/ultimate-team/show-off?showoffId=feQ8NjVgnKr8y:ps3

Draxler is ridiculously good, and combined with Shaqiri, Mandzukic and Perisic I've got a relentless forward line

Couldn't seem to find someone to trade Xbox for PS3 coins.

So opened four 25k packs and got nothing, plan was to trade to 200k and ship them off, was about 10k shy but not bothered trading anymore since I'll be playing on the PS4 whenever I get back to it(and have 30k on my PS4 account)

So down to 100k Xbox coins after a few sales from the crap packs I opened.

Selling the 100k for E10 if anyones interested. Would rather trade for PS coins but too hard to arrange.

• Advertisement

Anyone want to offer me striker advice?

I've got Villa LW, Sanchez RW, with Song and Fabregas behind. So looking for a lone striker. Have 20k coins.

Tempted by Torres who would get chem to 100 thanks to being Spanish. Costa is there who'd be more BBVA to match the team, but not sure if I like him. And I think Benzema could be got, but again, not sure of him.

Any advice?

EDIT: Actually, ANY striker seems to get chem up to 100 (it's at 97 without a striker) so really, it's a case of "I have 20k coins, who who should be my striker"

I have Torres in my BPL and i find him great right balance in all stats strong good in the air and class finish he nearly always nicks one goal recently got aguero though so he'll be on the bench for a while if you havent bought him i could trade you him!

Advertisement