Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Bollox, won div 3 with a game to spare, beating three 85 rated teams in last three games with my 80 rated effort and got 11k coins. In my fervour I splashes out on one of those 25k player packs and got damn all, some pacey silver worth 1.4k say the pick of the bunch. Broke again lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Sitting here havin a cup of tea reading the paper while a game of ut is happening. I scored to goals in first 8mins which prompted your man to not bother playing but not quiting. So ive scored 5 and left it at that. Some awful annoying players out there. Oh he has a full psg squad too.

As it got late last night I struggled badly as I kept coming up against these folk playing in a stadium with mad shadows all over the show and playing with a black ball :( I struggle at any time against this but late last night I had to have it in. This about anyone else?

Liamalone wrote: »
    As it got late last night I struggled badly as I kept coming up against these folk playing in a stadium with mad shadows all over the show and playing with a black ball :( I struggle at any time against this but late last night I had to have it in. This about anyone else?

Dark balls really annoy me!

Cant see them most of the time and Id say it was a nightmare with shadows!

I decided to take on a new trading project.

Decided for the first time to try price fix a player. I think Jenkinson is undervalued at 500-800 so I've bought a few and I'm trying to up the price to 1000-1200. I'm not going overboard as some people do, but trying to up him a few 100.
    He's English, has fairly good stats and plays for a big club so it should be doable.

I've currently got about 37 in stock, but since I haven't played on my PS account I've been unable to increase my trade pile and can only put up 30 items for now.

I don't think I'll invest anymore for the time being, I guess the real key is to keep a standard price of all his cards around 600-700 and hope people start to BIN my 1000-1200 cards, I did this yesterday but I'm just going to sit on them and hope I can shift them all with the amount I have.

I think long term there's better options, Coleman for example is close to 3000 on the Xbox while being only 1400-1800 on the PS3. Realistically if players are enticed to pay 2000k+ on Xbox with more players, the same could be said about the PS3.

Since I'd a small starting stack and didn't want to get burned, I decided to start with Jenkinson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I decided to take on a new trading project.

Decided for the first time to try price fix a player. I think Jenkinson is undervalued at 500-800 so I've bought a few and I'm trying to up the price to 1000-1200. I'm not going overboard as some people do, but trying to up him a few 100.
    He's English, has fairly good stats and plays for a big club so it should be doable.

I've currently got about 37 in stock, but since I haven't played on my PS account I've been unable to increase my trade pile and can only put up 30 items for now.

I don't think I'll invest anymore for the time being, I guess the real key is to keep a standard price of all his cards around 600-700 and hope people start to BIN my 1000-1200 cards, I did this yesterday but I'm just going to sit on them and hope I can shift them all with the amount I have.

I think long term there's better options, Coleman for example is close to 3000 on the Xbox while being only 1400-1800 on the PS3. Realistically if players are enticed to pay 2000k+ on Xbox with more players, the same could be said about the PS3.

Since I'd a small starting stack and didn't want to get burned, I decided to start with Jenkinson.

I've been keeping up with a few of the more notible streamers and youtubers who dedicate their content to Ultimate teams, and the inevitable " Here is "insert league" squad for "X"amount.

When the videos or content comes fresh I have a scan of the market and see the cheap undervalued players, grab a few then list them nearly triple their original value. Made a bit of a killing of it in the last few days

Something just came to mind and it might be worth baring in mind in the next few weeks.

It seems likely that PS3 and PS4 users will be cross trading on UT. I can't see any concrete confirmation but since things are carrying over then the market will probably run across both.

The reasons for lower prices on the Xbox are due to there being more players. It's looking likely the PS4 will far outsell the XboxOne and since FIFA gamers are in the hardcore bracket there'll be a sizeable switch over I'd imagine.

This could see the markets swing massively in the next few weeks so might be worth considering for trading and selling purposes(i.e sell the ''PS3'' squads in anticipating getting the same players back at a far less margin)

Also did anyone else who had the ''Season Ticket'' for FIFA 13, end up getting the Ultimate Team packs this year even with an expired account?.
    My Season Ticket expired one day before the Early Release of FIFA 14 launched, but I'm getting the weekly packs this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Ea just got bac 2 me bout the players taken from my account and gave me 223,000 coins. Hav a bpl team dont no weather to buy the same or summit else any1 any taughts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

gotthebug wrote: »
    Ea just got bac 2 me bout the players taken from my account and gave me 223,000 coins. Hav a bpl team dont no weather to buy the same or summit else any1 any taughts

what email did you send it to ? last week i had Willian in my trade pile, but i couldn't do anything with him, when i came back next day he was gone completely. none of the emails iv used has worked

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

what email did you send it to ? last week i had Willian in my trade pile, but i couldn't do anything with him, when i came back next day he was gone completely. none of the emails iv used has worked

Went on the ea site and used the live chat option

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TheNumpty

Made it to Div 1 in online seasons. Points to reach title is 23............. Ballix!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

TheNumpty wrote: »
    Made it to Div 1 in online seasons. Points to reach title is 23............. Ballix!

Won it on the first go and never got the 15k coins :(

You used to get a premium pack last year which was a nice incentive too. None this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

joe123 wrote: »
    Won it on the first go and never got the 15k coins :(

You used to get a premium pack last year which was a nice incentive too. None this year.

Thats stupid ya get a pack in every division in the offline side. Only in division 3 myself. Finding it hard lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

http://www.futhead.com/14/players/6477/sanna-nyassi/?latest=True

Seen this guy in a team as a striker , how is that possible though ?

Soby wrote: »
    http://www.futhead.com/14/players/6477/sanna-nyassi/?latest=True

Seen this guy in a team as a striker , how is that possible though ?

You can get modifier cards taht change positions

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

TheDoc wrote: »
    You can get modifier cards taht change positions

Not for wide players to play up top.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Would presume there's a path you could take using multiple cards?

Just noticed the web app now lets you search the market for players by name. So happy...

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

No there isn't not form LM into a central role.

Legends - Stats and In game models (Xbox One)

Gotta love try hards, just played a dude with an 88 rated team, he had Ronaldo, Aguero, Schweinsteiger and a load of other top notch players.... bear him 4-0 with my 80 rated effort, Cue a tirade of messages lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭kiad

Gotta love try hards, just played a dude with an 88 rated team, he had Ronaldo, Aguero, Schweinsteiger and a load of other top notch players.... bear him 4-0 with my 80 rated effort, Cue a tirade of messages lol

I bet they were all knackered from the kick off too!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Have stopped buying packs now with coins. Have 40k saved up, and will blow them all on Friday morning to try and get me a legend or two :D

Have stopped buying packs now with coins. Have 40k saved up, and will blow them all on Friday morning to try and get me a legend or two :D

If you get Nedved or Maldini you can give them to me if you like?

I'd say they are **** to play with :P :D

How is that a tryhard?

How is that a tryhard?

Obviously has played the game to death to get a squad like the one he had, tried really hard it seems to me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Obviously has played the game to death to get a squad like the one he had, tried really hard it seems to me lol

Or bought loads of coins which is more likely

Or bought loads of coins which is more likely

Even worse!!!!

Just curious, tryhard is a putdown term for someone who enters a friendly/joke game yet picks something knowingly OP to try win.

Someone having a good Ultimate team isn't tryhard, don't see the need for belittlement thats all :)

Just curious, tryhard is a putdown term for someone who enters a friendly/joke game yet picks something knowingly OP to try win.

Someone having a good Ultimate team isn't tryhard, don't see the need for belittlement thats all :)

Right, hit a nerve it seems. I didn't know the dictionary definition of a tryhard, it was well after bedtime and many beers had found their way into my system. I think folk knew what I meant. Apologies if I offended.

• Advertisement

Right, hit a nerve it seems. I didn't know the dictionary definition of a tryhard, it was well after bedtime and many beers had found their way into my system. I think folk knew what I meant. Apologies if I offended.

haha it's no big deal, just a phrase I notice filteirng its way into a lot of new gaming communities lately and just being totally misused :D

Advertisement