Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 14

Options

Comments

My 200k XBOX coins pack wasting might end up biting me in the ass.

I had planned to get the PS4, so after posting here I'd sell the coins at a cheap price and getting no replies. I decided to just buy packs with the 200k and it's now down to about 6k as I kept selling and buying packs with the contents over the proceeding time.

Just started to think tonight, if I could get the FIFA edition of the XBOX1 I'd be tempted to just take it(don't have the PS4 pre ordered and getting FIFA free makes the price difference a lot smaller)
    So if I did manage to pick it up, I'd have ruined my XBOX team for nothing.

Being trading on my ''PS4'' account and have a top silver BPL and 8 La Liga players ready to go with more 20k coins, probably about 100k total.

So I'll throw this out there again but in reverse.... if anyone is playing on Xbox but moving t PS when the PS4 launches I may be interested in swopping my PS coins for XBOX.
    I'll see tomorrow if I can get that edition, defo not paying E500 for the console alone though. I'll wait a week otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭multimate

My 200k XBOX coins pack wasting might end up biting me in the ass.

I had planned to get the PS4, so after posting here I'd sell the coins at a cheap price and getting no replies. I decided to just buy packs with the 200k and it's now down to about 6k as I kept selling and buying packs with the contents over the proceeding time.

Just started to think tonight, if I could get the FIFA edition of the XBOX1 I'd be tempted to just take it(don't have the PS4 pre ordered and getting FIFA free makes the price difference a lot smaller)
    So if I did manage to pick it up, I'd have ruined my XBOX team for nothing.

Being trading on my ''PS4'' account and have a top silver BPL and 8 La Liga players ready to go with more 20k coins, probably about 100k total.

So I'll throw this out there again but in reverse.... if anyone is playing on Xbox but moving t PS when the PS4 launches I may be interested in swopping my PS coins for XBOX.
    I'll see tomorrow if I can get that edition, defo not paying E500 for the console alone though. I'll wait a week otherwise.

My mate is looking for ps4 coins for his xbox coins I presume it's a 1:1 exchange for the hundred k (he has about 200k)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Out of Curiosity i have to ask have any of ye spent real money getting coins together to buy players.

I've never done it and I'm upto Div.3 now, but i've been playing a good few lads since i started and they had teams rated in the high 80's (love beating them) even in the lowest division, so i guess they spent a fair few euro's getting them, would this be the case?

For what its worth my team is rated 79 and includes Canas and Britton in my midfield :o but I have Remy and Sturridge up front and they are Incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Liamalone wrote: »
    Gotta love try hards, just played a dude with an 88 rated team, he had Ronaldo, Aguero, Schweinsteiger and a load of other top notch players.... bear him 4-0 with my 80 rated effort, Cue a tirade of messages lol

Yeah love beating those guy's, i find they try to use the crossing and over the top glitch alot to, I usually try to keep posession as much as possible and create space and scoring chances, and it works, so then they try to hack my players out of it when i'm winning, if that fails they'll quit, and then send the usually msg's, that i pass the ball around to much, EA was helping me etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Yeah love beating those guy's, i find they try to use the crossing and over the top glitch alot to, I usually try to keep posession as much as possible and create space and scoring chances, and it works, so then they try to hack my players out of it when i'm winning, if that fails they'll quit, and then send the usually msg's, that i pass the ball around to much, EA was helping me etc etc.

Tis class beating these guys, I played another dude the other day who had Ronaldo, Messi and Robben up front as part of a 4-3-3, the rest of the team was awesome too, best team I've seen. He was obviously trying his best to move up as his squad was only rated 82 so he must've had a bench full of bronze players to bring the overall rating down in a hope that Fifa wouldn't handicap him like it seemed to do in '13. Beat him 2-1.

Legends out today? Anyone got any? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Out of Curiosity i have to ask have any of ye spent real money getting coins together to buy players.

I've never done it and I'm upto Div.3 now, but i've been playing a good few lads since i started and they had teams rated in the high 80's (love beating them) even in the lowest division, so i guess they spent a fair few euro's getting them, would this be the case?

For what its worth my team is rated 79 and includes Canas and Britton in my midfield :o but I have Remy and Sturridge up front and they are Incredible.

compared to last year no. I admit wen the happy hour packs were out I brought a few of them. But im not wasting my money this year. Any od them packs will be brough with coins that ive earned.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Not really i buy the odd happy hour and do a lot of trading tradings where i make most of my money and just buy players from those coins!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭kiad

I love playing these guys. Just had a match there where this guy had an 83 rated overall Brazillian team. He instantly started sprinting down the wings and putting in crosses. He did get a goal but then I started defending his wingers by forcing them into the inside (towards the goal). He didn't have a clue what to do! It was funny, I was giving him all the space to get to the edge of the box and shoot but he could only try and run/pass back out and try to cross in. Needless to say I passed rings around him and won 4-1. I finished off with a cross/header goal of my own just to rub it in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I havent got 14 on the web app yet, and im terrible at trading so whatever money i get, which has never been above 10k, not enough for a team at the time i had it, so i might as well buy packs and try and strike rich!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

I havent got 14 on the web app yet, and im terrible at trading so whatever money i get, which has never been above 10k, not enough for a team at the time i had it, so i might as well buy packs and try and strike rich!

Really don't bother. You can easily build a good man u team for ten or fifteen grand I only built one last week and started playing with it yesterday and I haven't lost yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Really don't bother. You can easily build a good man u team for ten or fifteen grand I only built one last week and started playing with it yesterday and I haven't lost yet

im not gettin 14 til christmas. so ill stop round the 15th and use the money to get a team

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

im not gettin 14 til christmas. so ill stop round the 15th and use the money to get a team

Cursed myself.... I just lost

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Granted my team is quite valuable worth over a million easily...so when i do lose i do feel ashamed unless it was a close game or there team was equally as good ha

Thats when i go offline win 4 nil and feel good about myself

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jaysus. Just played a game there against a guy whose team was...

Diego Alves
    Marcelo, Rames, Silva, Fanni
    Neymar, Messi, Ibrahimovic
    Ronaldo, Bale, Lucas

Thought I was in for an asskicking. First time in a while I've seen a Ronaldo, and I've never faced a Messi before.
    Thrashed him 5-1

:pac:

Diego Alves
    Ronaldo, Bale, Lucas

Thought I was in for an asskicking. First time in a while I've seen a Ronaldo, and I've never faced a Messi before.
    Thrashed him 5-1

Anytime I've met a team like that I've won, only been twice right enough lol , by one goal margins I think. In the whole, the better the team, the more useless they are I've found.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Diego Alves
    Ronaldo, Bale, Lucas

Thrashed him 5-1

So many guys on Ultimate team put money into their teams. I havn't got one decent card from the packs I've bought with gold coins. I put a few euro in to see if I could get an inform and again got nothing but muck.

Watched a few streams and regular broadcasters on youtube and twitch.tv and you can see guys putting serious money into their teams. From the Euro spent they can accrue massive gold coins, and then pretty much but whatever.

But I also noticed alot of them are pretty trashy players.

I've got three teams that are not the strongest, but 100 chemistry in good formations, and I've little trouble moving up the divisions.

multimate wrote: »
    My mate is looking for ps4 coins for his xbox coins I presume it's a 1:1 exchange for the hundred k (he has about 200k)

Could be possibly looking for this again now that I have an Xbox order for Argos I may get for Friday bar Tesco tomorrow(or Argos) my chances of a PS4 are slim and I'll pay the diff for an Xbox rather then wait indefinitely.

Let me know if anyones going Xbox to PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

why did they chage the bloody goalkeeper kick out for trying to skip the replays. i passed it out twice now and conceded

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Playing FUT for the first time in 4 years on Xbox One. It's brilliant.

In FIFA 10, I actually spent about 70 euro on packs. Had an absolute dream team. This time, I'm not spending a cent on packs. Am slowly building a team by being shrewd on the transfer market instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

For those playing FUT on the Xbox one what are your overall impressions?

On current gen I find that you know 5 minutes into a game whether the game will flow in your way or not. You might mean to pass a 5 yard ball but it will suddenly play the perfect pass into your striker type thing. Is this still the case?

I would love for it to follow the same type of gameplay of regular seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

joe123 wrote: »
    For those playing FUT on the Xbox one what are your overall impressions?

On current gen I find that you know 5 minutes into a game whether the game will flow in your way or not. You might mean to pass a 5 yard ball but it will suddenly play the perfect pass into your striker type thing. Is this still the case?

I would love for it to follow the same type of gameplay of regular seasons.

I can tell you now that once you are division one it becomes painful. LB+Y and spamming crosses every game. It's very rare you will see a goal from anything else other then maybe a set piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Parawind wrote: »
    I can tell you now that once you are division one it becomes painful. LB+Y and spamming crosses every game. It's very rare you will see a goal from anything else other then maybe a set piece.

No change there then :(

I went from winning division 1 to being relegated to division 3. LB + Y goals constantly. I then went on an unbeaten run straight back into division one.

The worst part though is that I feel a large portion of it was the game going in my favour and not actually me improving my form. My players no longer felt sluggish once I was back in Division 3 and everything just seem to fall for me again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Sometimes EA do throw you a bone. Got Reus with my last few coins in a gold pack. Bloody delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I wish everybody would use the King Fhad Stadium, you can't get rain or snow in it. It's actually unbelievable how much rain and snow effects the game, and on Ultimate Team its twice as bad.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I wish everybody would use the King Fhad Stadium, you can't get rain or snow in it. It's actually unbelievable how much rain and snow effects the game, and on Ultimate Team its twice as bad.

Agree on the rain/snow but anytime I pay somebody there they have a ball of the black variety and it's a sod in the right hand penalty area with the massive shadow :( A right pain in the rear.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Liamalone wrote: »
    Agree on the rain/snow but anytime I pay somebody there they have a ball of the black variety and it's a sod in the right hand penalty area with the massive shadow :( A right pain in the rear.

Yeah sometimes the shadow can be a bit much, but night games are perfect. For what it's worth I also think only white, orange and yellow footballs should be in the game, it's actually a joke when you consider that some of the footballs are actually against the rules of the game. It's grand for a game of red-ass in a playground but a black Adidas f50 ball in a match? Come on.

Has a glitch appeared for this?

About five times now after taking a lead or going ahead by a few goals I have mysteriously lost connection, and before it was grand but now I have to exit to dash and get a loss :(

My xbox live connection doesn't drop, just Fifa freezes.

Got to Division 1 in Ultimate team single player playing every match on Ultimate difficulty. Computer is so much more enjoyable to play against on next gen. They're tough but fair. Wouldn't have been able to stick it out on the 360 version.

Nice reward if you win division one - 7,500 coins and one jumbo Gold pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Got to Division 1 in Ultimate team single player playing every match on Ultimate difficulty. Computer is so much more enjoyable to play against on next gen. They're tough but fair. Wouldn't have been able to stick it out on the 360 version.

Nice reward if you win division one - 7,500 coins and one jumbo Gold pack.

get anything decent in that jumbo

• Advertisement

get anything decent in that jumbo

Just got to Division 1. If I win Ill let you know but it's going to be tough. Ultimate difficulty against the best teams in the game - Real, barca, Bayern etc and you have to win all 10 matches :eek:

Advertisement