Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Just got to Division 1. If I win Ill let you know but it's going to be tough. Ultimate difficulty against the best teams in the game - Real, barca, Bayern etc and you have to win all 10 matches :eek:

are ya serious:eek: best of luck with that only in division 3 myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Got to Division 1 in Ultimate team single player playing every match on Ultimate difficulty. Computer is so much more enjoyable to play against on next gen. They're tough but fair. Wouldn't have been able to stick it out on the 360 version.

Nice reward if you win division one - 7,500 coins and one jumbo Gold pack.

Is that reward for single player only on next gen?

For winning division one in online seasons (current gen) I get 15k coins. I would have actually preferred what I would get last year with the 8k coins and a premium pack.

Spending coins doesnt seem as much fun as actually just receiving a free pack. Though I suppose it kind of the same thing at the end of the day.

joe123 wrote: »
    Is that reward for single player only on next gen?

For winning division one in online seasons (current gen) I get 15k coins. I would have actually preferred what I would get last year with the 8k coins and a premium pack.

Spending coins doesnt seem as much fun as actually just receiving a free pack. Though I suppose it kind of is the same thing at the end of the day.

Not sure what the reward is for online Division 1.

Haven't played much online cause the CPU is actually enjoyable (for once) to play against.

And an update on my Division 1 journey - I drew my 1st match 0 - 0 against Real Madrid so i wont be winning division 1 this time around :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Decided I would buy 5 packs just cause I am bored on the PS3, was dug into it last year but haven't played many games in Ultimate Team this year. Got Xavi, Dani Alves and Aubamayang. Not too shabby.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

EA need to get there act together, had 1 game left to avoid relegation and the dude quit out after a few minutes and I got a loss??????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Decided I would buy 5 packs just cause I am bored on the PS3, was dug into it last year but haven't played many games in Ultimate Team this year. Got Xavi, Dani Alves and Aubamayang. Not too shabby.
    Just like that I hate you, must have bought 50 packs and only got one stand out player in Ramos and he was no use to me as Ive a French team :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

astonaidan wrote: »
    Just like that I hate you, must have bought 50 packs and only got one stand out player in Ramos and he was no use to me as Ive a French team :mad:

I fully understand trust me. Same here Im selling the 3 of them Ive a Premier League team so no use to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Trading is a waste of time in this game. MAde some good profits and turnover in Fifa 13, but EA are just after as much $$$ as they can with Fifa14.

Flooding the store with happy hour and all sorts of specials, Fifa14 is pure pay to win model, where it wasn't as much so last time out.

When you look at the price of buying coins with Euros, you can put together a beast team for relatively cheaply.

Annoying, genuinelly only way to make money is to get epic lucky in packs, or use one of the many bots which defies the point.

I'm just spending all my coins on packs now to have some craic, literally no point in trying to flip players to get the players I want, takes too long

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Decided to treat myself to €30 worth of packs. Mainly hoping for enough to start after Rooney or Van Persie for my Man United team.

Here's the highlights (i.e. ones I keep or TL; quick sell the rest for coins as listed....) :D

Pack 1: Terim (Turkish manager) & 2 contracts. 1,200 coins
    Pack 2: Perez (Mexican silver), Draxler (non-rare),contract and Allianz Arena. 200 coins.
    Pack 3: McDonald (silver American), Healing and Eng 2 manager card. 845 coins.
    Pack 4: 2500 coins card, contract and silver healing. 1100 coins.
    Pack 5: Contract, Fitness and healing card. 1075 coins.
    Pack 6: Contract, BVB Logo and jersey. 1181 coins. Also an achievement for opening packs :cool:
    Pack 7: 2 contracts, a fitness card and 1000 coin card. 1027 coins.
    Pack 8: Blanco (silver keeper), contract and Mignolet. 603 coins.
    Pack 9: Narsingh, contract, Ferdinand (who I only bought today :rolleyes:). 1141 coins.
    Pack 10: 2 contracts and 4000 coin card. 1640 coins.
    Pack 11: Lucas Leiva, contract and fitness. 1340 coins.
    Pack 12: Rondon, Contract, Position modifier. 1211 coins.
    Pack 13: Aubameyang, 2 contracts. 866 coins.
    Pack 14: Contract, training and Valencia (who I also bought earlier today :rolleyes:). 881 coins.
    Pack 15: Fitness coach, contract, Mexes. 2598 coins.
    Pack 16: Janssen, Remy, Fitness coach. 1154 coins
    Pack 17: Lukaku, Coach and Healing. 776 coins.
    Pack 18: Pichler (silver player), contract, position mod. 874 coins
    Pack 19: Stekelenburg, Howedes, healing.
    Pack 20: Adebayor, two contracts.

Fairly poor turnout tbh. A crazy amount of coin cards :confused: Barely any rare players, let alone anyone good. Very dissapointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

TheDoc wrote: »
    Trading is a waste of time in this game. MAde some good profits and turnover in Fifa 13, but EA are just after as much $$$ as they can with Fifa14.

Flooding the store with happy hour and all sorts of specials, Fifa14 is pure pay to win model, where it wasn't as much so last time out.

When you look at the price of buying coins with Euros, you can put together a beast team for relatively cheaply.

Annoying, genuinelly only way to make money is to get epic lucky in packs, or use one of the many bots which defies the point.

I'm just spending all my coins on packs now to have some craic, literally no point in trying to flip players to get the players I want, takes too long

100% incorrect.Havent spent a penny and im in division one. Do not buy FIFA coins off websites. Accounts are banned for doing it.

• Advertisement

Had to win 5 games in a row to win the D3 title yesterday after a flurry of draws.
    Naturally I was just hoping to get to 18 for promotion which was 4 wins from 5 but got a shot at it.

Faced some English lad with a legendary Michael Owen and some Southampton IF.

He went 1-0 up and I then proceeded to put 5 past him.

I had to plug the mike in after the second goal as he was punching stuff and going mad with abuse.
    Plugged it in to laugh at him.
    One of the first things he asked me was where I was from, as if anyone would be stupid enough to tell someone shouting abuse at them where they're from so he can abuse you more.
    I'll admit at times he had some decent pressure until I went 2-1 up, but he wasn't exactly getting clear cut chances, he was another one of those lofted ball from tip off clowns.

:pac:

He wasn't exactly young either, prob late teens or 20s.
    Wish I could have recorded him freaking out mid game, was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Played a guy last night with Spanish team including IF Xavi/Pedro etc and also including Legendary Hierro and IF Rondaldo/Ribery/Lewandowski. Team rating 87.
    Had a stand Italian team rated 83.
    Rigth from the start he was pumping balls up the pitch and scored a goal around 10 mins.
    Rapidly equalised and from there all the way to the end I was hammering him. Ended up winning 5-1. Say he was gutted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I know the legend cards sound like a great idea, but in reality they're ridiculously expensive, the chances of me getting one are zero, and they'd just serve to annoy me having to play against them. I'm quite happy they aren't on the PS4 version.

It's a bit like later on in the year when they release those stupid man of the match and team of the season cards and you come up with people with 8 or 9 team of the season cards.

The IFs are enough!

joe123 wrote: »
    100% incorrect.Havent spent a penny and im in division one. Do not buy FIFA coins off websites. Accounts are banned for doing it.

The majority is pay to win though, you can't deny it. I watch alot of streams and the likes, of pure muck players of Fifa, but who generate some income via advertising and the likes, buy good players, and can struggle their way into Div 1 or 2.

I'm just grouchy the trading game is dead in this Fifa. It was something i enjoyed as much as playing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

TheDoc wrote: »
    The majority is pay to win though, you can't deny it. I watch alot of streams and the likes, of pure muck players of Fifa, but who generate some income via advertising and the likes, buy good players, and can struggle their way into Div 1 or 2.

I'm just grouchy the trading game is dead in this Fifa. It was something i enjoyed as much as playing

Plenty to trade to be fair. I made 50k the other day from a few players without much effort. IFs are a gd way to trade.

Anyone have any idea why Frazier Campbell exploded in price on Xbox this week?.

I had him on PS, then purchased him again on XB1 for 2,500 last week preping for my return, he was to be a stop gap for Long.

While doing my silver prem search I noticed he went for 9k on an open auction so I sold mine off for 9,500(should have stretched it more, he went for 10-12k later that day)

Did he get an inform or do something in real life?.

The FIFA community makes no sense, players values often rise if they come from the shawdows i.e Long getting two goals recently saw his value on UT rise.
    I won't buy Fraizer again until he goes for 2,500 which is all he's worth.

Nolars wrote: »
    Plenty to trade to be fair. I made 50k the other day from a few players without much effort. IFs are a gd way to trade.

Spunked all my money on packs, had 80k, not enough to trade IF's.

Seems to be the only way, along with price fixing and finding some mental niche player. But nothing like an ordinary market. Supply far outweighs demand

Anyone have any idea why Frazier Campbell exploded in price on Xbox this week?.

I had him on PS, then purchased him again on XB1 for 2,500 last week preping for my return, he was to be a stop gap for Long.

While doing my silver prem search I noticed he went for 9k on an open auction so I sold mine off for 9,500(should have stretched it more, he went for 10-12k later that day)

Did he get an inform or do something in real life?.

The FIFA community makes no sense, players values often rise if they come from the shawdows i.e Long getting two goals recently saw his value on UT rise.
    I won't buy Fraizer again until he goes for 2,500 which is all he's worth.

Price fixing is a relatively common thing, probably someone managing the price

Jez you don't stand a chance against any aul fella with a superstar team with your Xabi Alonso's of this gamemode.

Played a fella there.

Ronaldo
    Bale
    IF Isco
    IF Debuchy
    IF Benzema
    Legendary Viera
    Legendary Pires
    Legendary Rui Costa
    Legendary Srna(unused)
    Casillas
    T.Silva(subbed on)
    Ramos

I played someone with Ronaldo and Bale two games in a row, beat the first lad but with that guys team the ball was just willed to my net.

Jesus :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

I would love to have some of those players

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Finding I've played a lot more of those teams on my Xbox one in 2 weeks than I did in the two years I had been playing previously on 360.

Anyway, put together a Man United team.
    De Gea
    Rafael - Vidic - Ferdinand - Evra
    Valencia - Kagawa - Fellaini - Nani
    Hernandez - Lukaku

Yes, I know Lukaku is cheating, but I can't afford Rooney or RVP, and I refuse to play Welbeck. :P

But 6 wins from 6 so far in Div 4, which I was struggling with starting off. Really enjoying so far, especially with the pace of Hernandez and the power of Lukaku :D

I played a lad last night in a seasons game. He had the basically just had a team of the fastest Premiership players in each position.

Not only that, but all 11 players were on maximum pace boost. All the midfielders & strikers were Hunters. All the defenders were Shadows.

Why would you have to apply a pace boost to Remy (91 pace), Sturridge (90 pace), Walker (92 pace), Clichy (88 pace), the two fastest CBs in the Premership (Luiz & Kaboul), Ramires (88 pace), etc?

I beat him 3-0, he had one shot in the game. In keeping with his dickhead team, he sent me a nonsensical message after the game about being on counter attacking tactics (I was on the default).
    Yes, I know Lukaku is cheating, but I can't afford Rooney or RVP, and I refuse to play Welbeck. :P

I don't blame you for that....if his card is anything like his real life counter part, he'd fall over just thinking about movement.

Finding I've played a lot more of those teams on my Xbox one in 2 weeks than I did in the two years I had been playing previously on 360.

Anyway, put together a Man United team.
    De Gea
    Rafael - Vidic - Ferdinand - Evra
    Valencia - Kagawa - Fellaini - Nani
    Hernandez - Lukaku

But 6 wins from 6 so far in Div 4, which I was struggling with starting off. Really enjoying so far, especially with the pace of Hernandez and the power of Lukaku :D

I found Rooney disappointing that and i lost 4 games on the bounce so i sold half my team in rage and rebuilt my premier league side ha!

Dave1711 wrote: »
    I found Rooney disappointing that and i lost 4 games on the bounce so i sold half my team in rage and rebuilt my premier league side ha!

Where were you playing him? Considering trying him a CAM at some point whenever I've a ridiculous amount of coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

v3ttel wrote: »
    I played a lad last night in a seasons game. He had the basically just had a team of the fastest Premiership players in each position.

Not only that, but all 11 players were on maximum pace boost. All the midfielders & strikers were Hunters. All the defenders were Shadows.

Why would you have to apply a pace boost to Remy (91 pace), Sturridge (90 pace), Walker (92 pace), Clichy (88 pace), the two fastest CBs in the Premership (Luiz & Kaboul), Ramires (88 pace), etc?

I beat him 3-0, he had one shot in the game. In keeping with his dickhead team, he sent me a nonsensical message after the game about being on counter attacking tactics (I was on the default).

I don't blame you for that....if his card is anything like his real life counter part, he'd fall over just thinking about movement.

Because you are an absolute whore. Thats why.

As for the message, I still remember from the 2010 World Cup game, I decided to do Seasons with Thailand for the laugh, came up against a guy with Scotland and slapped him 6-1. He sent me a message after saying I had modded my console and edited the stats of the Thai players, and that I would be reported to EA. Not only is that mod not even possible, by anyone, but he was just garbage and I walked through him with Thailand. Amazing the delusion some people have because they can't get that they are just brutal at the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Upto Div.4 now, and i was finally able to get rid of Leon Britton in midfield, replaced him with Xabi Alonso :).

Any idea how we can get the legendary players, are the available to non paying players or do we have to fork out some real dosh for them

v3ttel wrote: »
    Where were you playing him? Considering trying him a CAM at some point whenever I've a ridiculous amount of coins.

As a CAM only scored 1 or 2 never really seemed to set the world alight Carzola was much better,I've gone back to using just one CAM now and thats Ozil.

What formations are people using?

I'm playing 4-2-3-1 with 3 CAMs but it's lacking width.

Anyone use the 4-3-3 with the false no 9? Might switch to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TheNumpty

I'm using this formation, I've tried a 3-5-2 and a 4-2-3-1 but always found this gives me a perfect balance.

Advertisement