Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 14

Options

Comments

What formations are people using?

I'm playing 4-2-3-1 with 3 CAMs but it's lacking width.

Anyone use the 4-3-3 with the false no 9? Might switch to that.

Every formation lacks something on next gen anyway.

I started with a 4-3-3 but felt the lone striker would go missing and the FB's still push up too more and most of my goals against are counters.
    Have since tried 5-3-2, 3-5-2 and some of the 4-5-1 variations.

I find just you'd lose something with each one(i.e with 5 at the back I had no passing options in attack bar the middle) but I'd agree with the last poster that the 4-1-2-1-2 with the wingers is probably the best formation.

It's funny though that the 4-1-2-1-2 cards were the dearest in previous years yet now we can use any formation I don't see it any more than the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'm using 4-3-3, two variants with two different teams.

With my spanish team I've two deep lying midfielders, then my CAM, two wide players and front man operate as the attacking line.

With my German team I operate 4-3-3 with one deep lieing midfielder, and the rest just go for the jugalar. Both have their merits and failures.

With my newly formed Irish international team, I go 4-4-2 for sheer fear of what would happen if I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

TheDoc wrote: »
    I'm using 4-3-3, two variants with two different teams.

With my spanish team I've two deep lying midfielders, then my CAM, two wide players and front man operate as the attacking line.

With my German team I operate 4-3-3 with one deep lieing midfielder, and the rest just go for the jugalar. Both have their merits and failures.

With my newly formed Irish international team, I go 4-4-3 for sheer fear of what would happen if I don't.

The extra man is probably needed tbf

Liamalone wrote: »
    The extra man is probably needed tbf

haha, typo :D

They actually arnt that bed, Shane Long is an animal up top, socring for fun alongside Kevin Doyle.

Glen Whelan can play ball aswell :O

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Made a fairly rubbish second team, decided to have a online single game as my first squad were lacking fitness.

Came across a lad who it said his ratings were 77 - 76-77, very similar to mine. The game loads and he has Messi (with a pace boost), Eto'o (with a pace boost), Iniesta, Mata, Sergio Ramos, Dani Alves, Jordi Alba, etc etc.

WTF is this sh*t? And there was me playing with Nzonzi, Bassong & Matt f*cking Jarvis. To make it worse, I missed a penalty and he scored a chip with Messi from 30 yards when my keeper was on his line. The keeper looked at it, like a "manual chip" from FIFA 10.

They must take the ratings from the last time you ready up or something. The worst thing is there is no way to give bad rep on the PS4.

• Advertisement

v3ttel wrote: »
    Made a fairly rubbish second team, decided to have a online single game as my first squad were lacking fitness.

Came across a lad who it said his ratings were 77 - 76-77, very similar to mine. The game loads and he has Messi (with a pace boost), Eto'o (with a pace boost), Iniesta, Mata, Sergio Ramos, Dani Alves, Jordi Alba, etc etc.

WTF is this sh*t? And there was me playing with Nzonzi, Bassong & Matt f*cking Jarvis. To make it worse, I missed a penalty and he scored a chip with Messi from 30 yards when my keeper was on his line. The keeper looked at it, like a "manual chip" from FIFA 10.

They must take the ratings from the last time you ready up or something. The worst thing is there is no way to give bad rep on the PS4.

Rating has long being broken, teams with Ronaldo, Bale and Messi still register as 3.5

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Is that not "bronze-benching" as the kids used to call it?

Where you go out and buy the worst rated players you can find, the bronze lads in the 40's rated from Airtricity/K-League/A-League and fill your bench with them so your squad overall is lower? It didn't matter in FIFA 13 I think because they stopped matching up by ratings, but I noticed on FIFA 14 it was back, at least I thought it was.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Is that not "bronze-benching" as the kids used to call it?

Where you go out and buy the worst rated players you can find, the bronze lads in the 40's rated from Airtricity/K-League/A-League and fill your bench with them so your squad overall is lower? It didn't matter in FIFA 13 I think because they stopped matching up by ratings, but I noticed on FIFA 14 it was back, at least I thought it was.

Probably spot on to be honest, I don't even take note of my bench, I have 11 players in a squad with two fill ins incase of injuries during a game, the rest are the muck you cant flog ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

The standard of teams I'm coming up against is crazy compared to previous FUTs. In the last 5 games I've faced Aguero x2, Messi, Ronaldo, Eto'o, IF Diego Costa, Sergio Ramos x4, Thiago Silva, Dani Alves x4, Falcao. I think I've only ever seen Ronaldo and Messi a hand full of times each across all the FUTs, nevermind in consecutive games.

Struggling to win any game in division 7. I'm 14-2-4 in Seasons which is fairly shocking. Finding it really difficult to stay solid at the back or to open a team up. Benteke is absolute muck. He can't even win a header for me.

In FUT12 I was 220-20-20 playing 4-1-2-1-2, last year I won D1 four times on the trot playing 4-3-3 but this year I can barely win a match. I always seem to have no short passing options, with 3 or 4 of the opposition players charging down the ball and closing all the passing lanes. My team feel really sluggish. Turning with Deulefeu in the last match was like turning a bus.

Has anybody got any tips or suggested formations?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

v3ttel wrote: »
    The standard of teams I'm coming up against is crazy compared to previous FUTs. In the last 5 games I've faced Aguero x2, Messi, Ronaldo, Eto'o, IF Diego Costa, Sergio Ramos x4, Thiago Silva, Dani Alves x4, Falcao. I think I've only ever seen Ronaldo and Messi a hand full of times each across all the FUTs, nevermind in consecutive games.

Struggling to win any game in division 7. I'm 14-2-4 in Seasons which is fairly shocking. Finding it really difficult to stay solid at the back or to open a team up. Benteke is absolute muck. He can't even win a header for me.

In FUT12 I was 220-20-20 playing 4-1-2-1-2, last year I won D1 four times on the trot playing 4-3-3 but this year I can barely win a match. I always seem to have no short passing options, with 3 or 4 of the opposition players charging down the ball and closing all the passing lanes. My team feel really sluggish. Turning with Deulefeu in the last match was like turning a bus.

Has anybody got any tips or suggested formations?

i know how ya feel man. i struggled for ages with the game. I had a similar record to you. i was using a bpl squad in 442 and a mix of bpl and turkish league in 352. the bpl cost me a good bit which had cazola,schrule,jocovitc,navas and benteke (sprry for players spellings). i found them impossible at times. the 352 had lukaku and drogba up front with sneidjer in cam. all i can say is drogba is unreal for volleys and lukaku is a beast, but i still struggled. i was stuck in division 4. so i decided to make 2 new squads. one i got off futhead which was titled "better than a pack" which was in 443. and i made a cheap serie a squad in 41212 with if benita that i got in a pack. im now in division 1 :D stick to cheap squads.
    i've included link for "better than a pack"

http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/2328516/

you should try them as there 433. i love 433.

keep at it you will get to division 1 eventually:)

• Advertisement

Happy hour again this evening 4-5pm, 15k packs.

Going to have a cheeky punt

Opened a few packs, Isco and Pedro the big pulls

Selling my Xbox coins, PM for details.

Sick of being cheesed in this game mode, something like 85-42-45 overall compared to 26-5-4 in normal ''Seasons'' so I'd much rather stay playing seasons and clubs then getting frustrated with UT every 2nd game.

Just got inform Ireland in a 25k pack. Whoooo

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lads no talk of coin selling sites or posting links to them. If you want to find them yourself go look them up on google but you run the risk of getting banned. Any posts referring to them will be removed and action taken, you have been warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

EDIT: Just seen the mod post. Better leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭crazy eyes

I'm coming late to UT this year. First season went awful and I missed promotion by 1 point and I couldn't figure what was going wrong. I got a decent premier league manager and I started doing well and I've one 5 or six matches on the trot.

The team so far is

Begovic
    Johnson Koscielny Kaboul Santon
    Tiote
    Valencia Hunt(Thinking of getting Ashley Young)
    de bruyne
    Torres Lukaku

Any suggestions on how to improve the time. I got Torres and Lukaku after reading what people where saying on here about them. I was thinking of getting Benteke and putting Lukaku on the bench.

I'm also thinking of going for Evra or Baines for Santon.

crazy eyes wrote: »
    I'm coming late to UT this year. First season went awful and I missed promotion by 1 point and I couldn't figure what was going wrong. I got a decent premier league manager and I started doing well and I've one 5 or six matches on the trot.

The team so far is

Begovic
    Tiote
    de bruyne
    Torres Lukaku

Any suggestions on how to improve the time. I got Torres and Lukaku after reading what people where saying on here about them. I was thinking of getting Benteke and putting Lukaku on the bench.

Change lukaku for benteke maybe get grioud as well. For the wing you could try pablo hernadenz. And ive always found baines to be good but I haven't tried evra out yet

Change lukaku for benteke maybe get grioud as well. For the wing you could try pablo hernadenz. And ive always found baines to be good but I haven't tried evra out yet

I might go with Baines then. I was looking at Hernadez too. Theres not alot of Premier League LMs. Apart from the Chelsea ones but there all above 10k.

Is Benteke as good as he's made to be?

I might go with Baines then. I was looking at Hernadez too. Theres not alot of Premier League LMs. Apart from the Chelsea ones but there all above 10k.

Is Benteke as good as he's made to be?

that reminds me schrule isn't bad either. you could try podolski even.
    benteke is unreal for me i find. my mate tried him for the first time saturday in ut. scored 4 goals easily. his heading is overpowered plus hes cheap as chips. i have him up front with grioud and ozil in behind in cam and they just score for fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I recently swapped my Xbox One for a PS4 and only realised that my UT won't transfer over :o

Kind of stuck now..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

The team so far is

Begovic
    Tiote
    de bruyne
    Torres Lukaku

I'd have Hernandez over both strikers, and I'd go for Clichy rather than Baines/Evra. Cheaper option would be Gibbs. I've become partial to Sterling on the Left tbh. Not the best physically but is rapid going forward and is nifty in cutting inside as well. Fernandinho for Tiote too.

that reminds me schrule isn't bad either. you could try podolski even.
    benteke is unreal for me i find. my mate tried him for the first time saturday in ut. scored 4 goals easily. his heading is overpowered plus hes cheap as chips. i have him up front with grioud and ozil in behind in cam and they just score for fun.

Jarvis was a cheap alternative on the left, but his price seems to have jumped from 500 to 1500 in the last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I recently swapped my Xbox One for a PS4 and only realised that my UT won't transfer over :o

Kind of stuck now..

not really the thread but how did you find the change?

I'd have Hernandez over both strikers, and I'd go for Clichy rather than Baines/Evra. Cheaper option would be Gibbs. I've become partial to Sterling on the Left tbh. Not the best physically but is rapid going forward and is nifty in cutting inside as well. Fernandinho for Tiote too.

Go for javier hernandez? I got Benteke and i wasnt impressed with him at first but he's starting to grow on me. I'm using him and Lukaku up front but I might get somebody else in instead of Lukaku as I don't think his finishing is great.

I got Evra cheap yesterday but I was thinking of selling him on and getting Baines as I have no good free kick taker. The plan is to go for Fernandinho when I get a few coins together.

I got young too but not to mad on him. I was so tempted to get Sterling but I dont want people thinking I just got him solely for his pace.

Any recommendations for a CAM? I was thinking of Kagawa but de bruyne is doing really well.

Does anybody find it really tight in the cup matches. I'm getting to the last 16 and then getting knocked out everytime. I just seem to get hunted down by three players any time i have the ball.

Go for javier hernandez? I got Benteke and i wasnt impressed with him at first but he's starting to grow on me. I'm using him and Lukaku up front but I might get somebody else in instead of Lukaku as I don't think his finishing is great.

I got Evra cheap yesterday but I was thinking of selling him on and getting Baines as I have no good free kick taker. The plan is to go for Fernandinho when I get a few coins together.

I got young too but not to mad on him. I was so tempted to get Sterling but I dont want people thinking I just got him solely for his pace.

Any recommendations for a CAM? I was thinking of Kagawa but de bruyne is doing really well.

Does anybody find it really tight in the cup matches. I'm getting to the last 16 and then getting knocked out everytime. I just seem to get hunted down by three players any time i have the ball.

People using high pressure I guess.

I actually had to switch to high pressure for the first ever FIFA (where it's been an option) over the past week.
    In previous years, I was able to dribble my way out of high pressure and could beat people playing Defensive from the off with 40-40-50ish defensive tactics.

I found my 45-45-60 was giving me next to no pressure on the opposition which meant they had too much time on the ball while I was being swamped and robbed by the first touch/new dribbling system.

The new dribbling just emphasizes the need to pressure since it's like being an ice hockey player with the ball.
    The dribbling to open up new passes/shots/space is more or less dead now.

When you lose the ball you need to have immediate pressure to force a mistake.
    It's not fool proof though, you are left VERY open at the back so best to change away from it if you take a lead and/or get into the second half(with a lead)... I'll usually only switch to the low pressure I always used after I've a lead built or time is running out in a close game.

It's a shame really they negated the dribbling so much, it pretty much rules out using more conservative tactics,emphasis(Attacking-Neutral-Defensive) and build up play.

Now it's about high pressure/fast passes.

De Bruyne can be got for bout 1000 and is good, haven't tried Kagawa. But if you want to spend a little more Erikson is quality forabout 2500.

Hernandez suits my high pressure forward line with Mirrales and Sterling. Very fast and high rating positioning.

Iplay 4-3-3, so depends on your preference, but that line up should easily get you to Div 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭baldshin

Kagawa and Oscar are good, affordable cam options. I have both in centre mid. Hernandez is one of the best performance/price players in the game. Bought him in division 10 and he's still in my team in division 2. 60 goals in 62 games. Have just bought Eto'o as his partner and he's doing well. Previously had Robinho, Lukaku, Kone and Torres up there and Kone was the best of that bunch.

My team at the moment- (only Eto'o and Schurrle cost more than 5000.

De Gea
    Johnson Vertonghen Kaboul Clichy
    Walcott/Valencia Kagawa Oscar Schurrle/Podolski
    Hernandez Eto'o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

^^^^ suffice to say pace still is the thing people build a team upon lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭baldshin

Liamalone wrote: »
    ^^^^ suffice to say pace still is the thing people build a team upon lol

If that's the tactics required then so be it!

Advertisement