Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

callaway92 wrote: »
    Is there any basic strategy to FUT?

At the moment I still haven't played any online matches on FUT yet. Only playing those offline cups to try and build up my team which is taking a bit of patience but still is very enjoyable. 17-0-0 so far but that's playing the tournaments which have a set difficulty I think.

For players' fitness/contracts do you prefer buying bronze packs to build these up or do you buy them separately in the transfer market?

A few tips would help.

change your club name to beast FC and that scare people :p

If you can try an make a second team. That way you can rotate the squads. That takes away having to spend on fitness cards.

Pack opening are a lottery so its all luck. I tend to stay away from that but i'll end up buying a couple from time to time . You can buy alot of good players cheap.

Best way to make to make money is to play the market. Buy low sell high. Find a formation that suits you. Mine is 443. And sometimes 41212 with the right team.

First few online divsions are easy enough. I think me the hardest are 5 and 4 once I got past them I got to div 1 handy enough but I have yet to win.

Hope that helps :)

if your looking for a cheap squad try this squad this class for me and cheaper than 7500 pack ;)

http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/2328516/

jebforever wrote: »
    Got him in a jumbo pack yesterday. :)

84TzkN.jpg

You jammy fceker

• Registered Users Posts: 14,540 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Don't waste coins on packs. Gold contracts are only 200/250 on the market and last 18games if I'm not mistaken.

With player fitness, I have 2 teams which I rotate so never have to buy fitness cards. If you can't afford 2 teams, then just use your starter bronze players in a few offline games while your main team are resting on the bench.

How much coins do you have? And what's your team like? Im assuming not full gold yet. Oh and chemistry is important, make sure your players are on at least 9chem.

Only bought 2 bronze packs so far to see what I'd get in them and everything else purchased was in the transfer market.

The bonuses for logging into the web app daily are good. Got 1000 coins the last few days and got a small gold pack today.

Here's a link to my team: Ultimate Team

Trying to get any sort of Premier League team together at the mo.

EDIT: What's with Corrientes FC coming up as my team name on the right? (It isn't my name. . .)

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

You jammy fceker

Wait, that pic isn't the actual pack!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Is there any basic strategy to FUT?

At the moment I still haven't played any online matches on FUT yet. Only playing those offline cups to try and build up my team which is taking a bit of patience but still is very enjoyable. 17-0-0 so far but that's playing the tournaments which have a set difficulty I think.

For players' fitness/contracts do you prefer buying bronze packs to build these up or do you buy them separately in the transfer market?

A few tips would help.

When your teams that cheap don't buy contracts, if a player costs 500, you can usually wind his contracts down to 1, sell him for 500 and buy the same player but a different card for 500 with 7 contracts.

• Advertisement

jebforever wrote: »
    Wait, that pic isn't the actual pack!

i know its di maria i was saying it for :P

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

Only bought 2 bronze packs so far to see what I'd get in them and everything else purchased was in the transfer market.

The bonuses for logging into the web app daily are good. Got 1000 coins the last few days and got a small gold pack today.

Here's a link to my team: Ultimate Team

Trying to get any sort of Premier League team together at the mo.

EDIT: What's with Corrientes FC coming up as my team name on the right? (It isn't my name. . .)

Decent starter team, Premier league players are overpriced just to let you know. Yaya is over 100k when you can get De Rossi for 3k, very similar stats. Have you played other FIFA UT? Team name carries over from previous FIFA games.

AdamD wrote: »
    When your teams that cheap don't buy contracts, if a player costs 500, you can usually wind his contracts down to 1, sell him for 500 and buy the same player but a different card for 500 with 7 contracts.

Agree with this. Also if you're looking for a player and they cost 1k but only has 7 contracts. It'll be better value to pay 1.3k for the same guy if he has 77 contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Got a present for my birthday today of Microsoft points.... How do I exchange them for coins? I'd rather not buy packs using fifa points which I can do. I'd rather get the coins

Any help please lads

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Got a present for my birthday today of Microsoft points.... How do I exchange them for coins? I'd rather not buy packs using fifa points which I can do. I'd rather get the coins

Any help please lads

You can't exchange MS points for coins.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    You can't exchange MS points for coins.

So to use the ms points on fifa I have to buy packs? Am I right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

So to use the ms points on fifa I have to buy packs? Am I right?

Yes.
    MS points buy you ingame *Fifa points* and you use those (Fifa)points to buy packs.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Yes.
    MS points buy you ingame *Fifa points* and you use those (Fifa)points to buy packs.

Bugger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I got Drogba and Torres in a jumbo pack yesterday, happy with that as strikers were severely lacking in my squad. Toni Kroos too which is excellent and I will try to fit him in somehow, but I like my central midfield partnership of Arteta and Busquets too much to split that right now. Brilliant rotation options though, Barnard who has like 92pace or something like that also which is amazing from the bench if needed. Got Zabaleta in the jumbo pack too which was also brilliant, Joe Hart who is available for transfer straight away :)

The only thing that annoys me about this is the contract situations, I bought Sergio in the transfer market, without much research due to the time constraints and he had a contract of 2 games, bit annoying like.

Do you have to keep buying packs to get contracts for players or is there any other way around it? Trying to avoid buying packs if possible and build my team through transfers etc

Is the manager important?

kryogen wrote: »
    I got Drogba and Torres in a jumbo pack yesterday, happy with that as strikers were severely lacking in my squad. Toni Kroos too which is excellent and I will try to fit him in somehow, but I like my central midfield partnership of Arteta and Busquets too much to split that right now. Brilliant rotation options though, Barnard who has like 92pace or something like that also which is amazing from the bench if needed. Got Zabaleta in the jumbo pack too which was also brilliant, Joe Hart who is available for transfer straight away :)

The only thing that annoys me about this is the contract situations, I bought Sergio in the transfer market, without much research due to the time constraints and he had a contract of 2 games, bit annoying like.

Do you have to keep buying packs to get contracts for players or is there any other way around it? Trying to avoid buying packs if possible and build my team through transfers etc

You can just buy the contracts in the market.
    Manager can be important in the sense he can raise your chemistry rating.

Whats bernard like. Thinking about trying him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

You can just buy the contracts in the market.
    Manager can be important in the sense he can raise your chemistry rating.

Whats bernard like. Thinking about trying him.

He is lightning fast, I don't have much of a place for him in the team as of yet, I don't play an AMC, and if I did it would be Toni Kroos as a starter, he is excellent to have from the bench though and rotation wise.

Ill experiment with some new formations to go with the new players I got and see how that works out.

He is well worth a punt though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Pretty sure everyone here will appreciate this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

Parawind wrote: »
    Pretty sure everyone here will appreciate this.

Very good, i wouldnt mind him complaining about replays but then scores a crap goal and watches the replay twice.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

kryogen wrote: »

Manager is not just about chemistry. They give you +% negotiations, which basically means additional contacts to whatever is on the card you apply to a player. You can stack them also, so the more managers in your club the higher the % added to contract cards. You will see +3% on shiny gold managers, buy a few of those and you will see when you apply a contract card you get a bonus added.

They do help chemistry slightly but you should be focusing on your players chemistry more so. Players from the same league or club or nationality (ideally you want 2/3) and in their correct position. You will see by the lines joining them and their chemistry rating how the fit, you want 10 ideally.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Been playing this for a day or two now, certainly seems a lot more balanced than last year in terms of the whole pre-determined player form crap that basically decided the results of many games.

But I just don't know if I can be arsed putting in the effort to figure out who are the good cheap players to start trading this year to build up some sort of cash to trade big players and I definitely can't be bothered playing loads of games for damn all coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

have this about a week now its seems different than last year while pace isn't as effective over head through balls seem to be lethal and because of this everyone I play is playing high pressure and trying to get me off the ball just in case I play over head through balls.

what formation are people finding the best I have gone with 451 as I wanted more people in midfield to be able to actual pass the ball luckily I got di Maria in a pack and was able to build a decent bundesliga team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

cintec wrote: »
    what formation are people finding the best I have gone with 451 as I wanted more people in midfield to be able to actual pass the ball luckily I got di Maria in a pack and was able to build a decent bundesliga team.

4-1-2-1-2 or 4-3-3(4)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Some upgrades to my team today

I'd coins knocking about from Inform Pedro sale, so made a few upgrades.

Lewandowski in for mandsukic.
    Reus in for Perisic
    Dante in for Boatang
    new RB and RM

All in all cost about 150k for the upgrades, got Lewa for 45k and Reus for 55k which was both bargains

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

So what are peoples teams looking like now? Have 2 squads myself, a la liga team and a PL team. Got lucky with coins as I just sold a special edition walcott.

Have to say Castro is a beast in my la liga team. Any other thoughts on who else I should buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

So what are peoples teams looking like now? Have 2 squads myself, a la liga team and a PL team. Got lucky with coins as I just sold a special edition walcott.

Have to say Castro is a beast in my la liga team. Any other thoughts on who else I should buy?

http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/2937044/

Made some SERIOUS upgrades to the suqad today Had over 250k from selling If Pedro.

Reus , LEwandowksi, Dante, new RM and RB brought into the mix along with Gustavo in CDM.

Still have 130k coins left :O

Got Reus and Lewa on bargain prices

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭djayforza

Im only getting started with FUT this year on PS4. Any tips on building my coins quicker than I am managing? I built a mediocre seria A team but I decided to sell up and rebuild something else. Suggestions of formation and players on a budget? Id need a full team for 15 - 20k. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks
    James

TheDoc wrote: »
    Some upgrades to my team today

I'd coins knocking about from Inform Pedro sale, so made a few upgrades.

Lewandowski in for mandsukic.
    Reus in for Perisic
    Dante in for Boatang
    new RB and RM

All in all cost about 150k for the upgrades, got Lewa for 45k and Reus for 55k which was both bargains

Have you noticed a difference between Mandžukić and Lewandowski I have been thinking of Lewandowski but to be honest Mandžukić is one of the best forwards in the game for me.

I'd like reus but for a player that was 10k last year in the striker position his price this year seems way too high.

djayforza wrote: »
    Im only getting started with FUT this year on PS4. Any tips on building my coins quicker than I am managing? I built a mediocre seria A team but I decided to sell up and rebuild something else. Suggestions of formation and players on a budget? Id need a full team for 15 - 20k. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks
    James

If your looking to build a full team for that price then you need to look at some of the cheaper leagues bundsliga or seria A is a good league to start.

Below is a decent squad I have played with I have podolski on the left with Gibbs at LB but elia is cheap and decent.

http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/4856030/

There is a price drop about to happen in the coming days when TOTY is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

djayforza wrote: »

Thanks
    James

These are some cheap teams in my squads:
    http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/4450025/
    http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/208086/
    http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/4067262/
    http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/2216559/

I highly recommend the first one

• Advertisement

cintec wrote: »
    Have you noticed a difference between Mandžukić and Lewandowski I have been thinking of Lewandowski but to be honest Mandžukić is one of the best forwards in the game for me.

I'd like reus but for a player that was 10k last year in the striker position his price this year seems way too high.

Waiting on my PS4 copy of Fifa 14 so havnt played ina while ( was playing ps3)

Lewandowski is a tremendous forward, and offers more then Mandzukic and can be just as good in the air. Reus is one of the best wingers in the game bar none :)

Advertisement