Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

So team of year was
    Neuer
    Alves,silva, ramos, lahm
    Xavi inesta riberey
    bale imbrahimovic Ronaldo

Sorry for spelling on phone. Any idea when they will drop in packs?

No the TOTY was

Neuer
    Alves, T.Silva, Ramos, Lahm
    Ribery, Xavi, Iniesta
    Ronaldo, Ibra, Messi.

No Bale :P

EA said they'll be in packs at 8pm. Might just be GK and Defenders first then the rest later in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

No the TOTY was

Neuer
    Alves, T.Silva, Ramos, Lahm
    Ribery, Xavi, Iniesta
    Ronaldo, Ibra, Messi.

No Bale :P

EA said they'll be in packs at 8pm. Might just be GK and Defenders first then the rest later in the week.

What in gods name made me put bale in and leave out messi. And I was watching the fcekin thing :p

Oh I forgot they dont release them all at once :( probably be the weekend before the strikers are up so.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭stephen2022

For TOTY as far as i know it's this

GK and defenders last night until Wed at 6pm..mids from Wed 6pm to Friday 6pm and then Strikers from Friday until Sunday...i think you will probably then get all players available for a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

For people looking to build teams, the players will be cheapest today because of TOTY Midfielders AND TOTW is released.

Also the weekend when they release all TOTY players at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

For people looking to build teams, the players will be cheapest today because of TOTY Midfielders AND TOTW is released.

Also the weekend when they release all TOTY players at once.

while people will binge on packs today they will buy even more Friday when Ronaldo and messi are released in packs.

if its the same as last year then Sunday all TOTY players will be released again in packs.

• Advertisement

who do you guys keep on the bench that can be brought on to make a difference assuming you don't have an all bronze bench :D

looking for cheap players 5k max would prefer 1-2k

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

cintec wrote: »
    who do you guys keep on the bench that can be brought on to make a difference assuming you don't have an all bronze bench :D

Up front I have rvp and rooney. Both are particularly slow so I have hernandez on the bench and klose to add speed.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Well whats your starting 11? Depends on that for chemistry before can suggest who you buy.

Personally I go for subs for all my midfield and attacking positions so I can rotate and rest those players rather than having players who are different, sometimes I bring on a player that I think can nick me that goal but its maybe because they have slightly better heading than the striker I have on and I notice the guy im playing gives me a lot of freedom to cross, or his defenders are a bit slow and I have that extra bit of pace.

Axwell wrote: »
    Well whats your starting 11? Depends on that for chemistry before can suggest who you buy.

Personally I go for subs for all my midfield and attacking positions so I can rotate and rest those players rather than having players who are different, sometimes I bring on a player that I think can nick me that goal but its maybe because they have slightly better heading than the striker I have on and I notice the guy im playing gives me a lot of freedom to cross, or his defenders are a bit slow and I have that extra bit of pace.

I use 2 teams and just sub in players i'm resting if i think i need it

main team
    http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/4864367/

just built

http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/5298464/

im more looking for an impact sub not rotating players

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Guillermo Rojas. Not for shooting but great to bomb down the wing passed tired defenders.

• Advertisement

Aha Shake wrote: »
    Guillermo Rojas. Not for shooting but great to bomb down the wing passed tired defenders.

right now I have Aubameyang and Sneijder who come on to make a difference I also have drogba and yilmaz.

Just curious what other people use

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'd hang onto coins if I were you, the crash is REALLY about to hit rock bottom. The forwards for TOTY come out today afaik, as do a promo for 100k packs. These are monster packs, with a serious amount of stuff in them.

Alot of the high end players and coin makers will be burning through these packs super fast. So you will see prices start to come down. Already since the start of the week I can see alot of trend players coming down in price.

I picked up a few inform cards in the hope they rise shortly around February.

Not sure what I can get to really improve my Bundesliga team bar Neueur or Gondan (spellchecks?!) I might have a flutter at a few packs later see if I land anything.

My Spanish side hasnt been getting much love lately, alot of room for improvement in that squad, but the costs are astronomical to get in replacements.

And fingers crossed my PS4 copy of Fifa comes shortly. It's now 4 weeks overdue, and I've struggled to play on PS3 after playing on next gen in a friends house :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Splurged about 150k I had on packs last night, premium jumbo ones and one 35k gold one. Suffice to say that I got sweet f.a.

Best player I got was an 82 rated Seedorf who plays in Brazil and is worth bog all. Sorted for contracts until about 2019 though :P

Good job I'm happy with my team, still disappointed that I got nothing decent right enough. In three years of playing UT and having opened many many packs an IF Sturridge last year is the only player of note I've got.

On a sidenote, anyone play the online "one club cup"? Jeez, played in this last night and after nearly every game I had a player injured. Out of about 10 games played it was easily 8 injuries whereas in seasons I'd get an injury every blue moon! A right pain when you only have 11 from the one club, luckily I had 14 and lots of healing cards from opening them packs so all was good :) Still never won it right enough, got to a final against a Man City XI and despite taking a 2-0 lead I got beat 4-2 in extra time, he fully deserved it though. Sod lol

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭djayforza

i've buiylt up about 30k coins in the last 2 weeks, was gonna splurge on packs but im thinking aginast it now. the chance of picking up and IF is tempting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Game over man, game over!

Think I will play the lotto tonight as well!

The noise that I just made when I saw his card can only be described as a girlish squeal.

2ld9554.jpg

I actually hate you :)

how many packs did you open congrats either way.

I actually hate you :)

how many packs did you open congrats either way.

A crap load, I effectively sold all of my teams and players except for a really cheap Italian team and a few ligue 1 players. I then splurged it all on packs.

I was actually looking away from the tv when I got him so I didn't realise until I saw the outline of the blue card.

Parawind wrote: »
    A crap load, I effectively sold all of my teams and players except for a really cheap Italian team and a few ligue 1 players. I then splurged it all on packs.

I was actually looking away from the tv when I got him so I didn't realise until I saw the outline of the blue card.

I spent 200k myself on packs I knew I wouldn't get much but still wanted to gamble.

how much have you sold him for or are you keeping him?

I spent 200k myself on packs I knew I wouldn't get much but still wanted to gamble.

how much have you sold him for or are you keeping him?

I am just still looking at him, I haven't even looked at what he is going for atm.

Trying to see what sort of team i can build with him. He's tricky to link with the players that I like.

I am just still looking at him, I haven't even looked at what he is going for atm.

Trying to see what sort of team i can build with him. He's tricky to link with the players that I like.

i'd sell him and build a team with the regular ronaldo, bale and messi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Game over man, game over!

Think I will play the lotto tonight as well!

The noise that I just made when I saw his card can only be described as a girlish squeal.

What type of pack did you open to get him?

joe123 wrote: »
    What type of pack did you open to get him?

One of the jumbo premium packs, the 15,000 ones.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Decided to drop 20 quid on packs to see if I could get a Poty player.

No luck. But did get Rooney so very happy :D

Sooooo I decided to buy TOTY Thiago silva to put in my team since he was going for 500,000. I opened a few more packs and who pops out!

219b044.jpg

Was following the transfer market to see what the toty players were selling for. I s**t you not somebody payed 7 million for ronaldo :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Not sure if its against the forum or not, but Id sell him on ebay

And to think I came on to talk about how I bought Ozil :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

When people said prices had crashed, thought they were exaggerating. But after spending a miserable amount to upgrade pretty much every one of my teams dramatically :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭baldshin

Finally won division one with my average premier league team, delighted! Then spent all my coins on packs, not a decent player to be had!

Was following the transfer market to see what the toty players were selling for. I s**t you not somebody payed 7 million for ronaldo :O

I saw one go for 10 million day of release

• Advertisement

I saw one go for 10 million day of release

Ahh Jesus

Advertisement