Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Parawind wrote: »
    Sooooo I decided to buy TOTY Thiago silva to put in my team since he was going for 500,000. I opened a few more packs and who pops out!

219b044.jpg

You have incredible luck in packs! Tell me your secrets!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

joe123 wrote: »
    You have incredible luck in packs! Tell me your secrets!!

Ok I'll let you in on my secret, I bought a crap load of packs!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Not as impressive but hey I can join in. Opened a couple of packs last week and got lewandoski tried him out in a few games but for some reason he doesn't suit my play but I have a premier league squad so I was always thinking of selling him. Sold him now for near on 70 k happy days. Decided to buy a regular 5k gold pack just for the Craig cause I can't help it and who pops out? Only Marco reus. Chuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Not as impressive but hey I can join in. Opened a couple of packs last week and got lewandoski tried him out in a few games but for some reason he doesn't suit my play but I have a premier league squad so I was always thinking of selling him. Sold him now for near on 70 k happy days. Decided to buy a regular 5k gold pack just for the Craig cause I can't help it and who pops out? Only Marco reus. Chuffed.

I spunked north of 120k on Reus and Lewa :'(

In fairness kicked my Bundesliga team to the next level, the two of them are sickening, so good

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So, after reading about the price drops and after spending some cash on packs, decided to upgrade my Italian League team. Can't believe how much it's improved my game. Gone from struggling in Div 3, to going on an unbeaten run through Div 2.

E8c6pyk.png

Would like upgrades on my left and right backs. Might have to venture outside Serie A for them though. Regardless, having so much fun with them right now. Vidal, considering how cheap he was, is a beast, scoring a goal a game. And Balotelli just netted me the "Perfect Hatrick" achievement as well :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

So, after reading about the price drops and after spending some cash on packs, decided to upgrade my Italian League team. Can't believe how much it's improved my game. Gone from struggling in Div 3, to going on an unbeaten run through Div 2.

E8c6pyk.png

Would like upgrades on my left and right backs. Might have to venture outside Serie A for them though. Regardless, having so much fun with them right now. Vidal, considering how cheap he was, is a beast, scoring a goal a game. And Balotelli just netted me the "Perfect Hatrick" achievement as well :D

You could try constant as lb. Decent pace in him. I found to be good that position

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

just played a team rated 88 with 100 chem, toty thiago silva, i think IF david silva, rooney rvp up front along with kompany and vidic in defence hockey him 7-0........my xbox is going mental with messages!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

just played a team rated 88 with 100 chem, toty thiago silva, i think IF david silva, rooney rvp up front along with kompany and vidic in defence hockey him 7-0........my xbox is going mental with messages!

I love beating those expensive squads :D

I love beating those expensive squads :D

i know especially when i sold rvp myself to buy packs over the weekend, my team is only 82!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

You could try constant as lb. Decent pace in him. I found to be good that position

Will check him out :)

Just won Div 2 with a record of 7-1-1. The 1 loss was when I rested my Italian team (cause I had 1 red card and two injuries in the previous game). Not bad considering I was struggling to stay in Div 3 a few days ago.
    13k for winning Div 2? Jaysus. Might save up for some of the cheaper IFs then....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Oh ffs EA are just beyond a joke now. 3 different games tonight where I have gone 1-0 down the guy instantly pauses the game and quits out. I get a 3-0 loss.

I mean whatever about the bugs with the game, these kind of exploits actually make the game unplayable. Combine this with the LB-Y from the tip and well you can just imagine the fun people will have.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Parawind wrote: »
    Oh ffs EA are just beyond a joke now. 3 different games tonight where I have gone 1-0 down the guy instantly pauses the game and quits out. I get a 3-0 loss.

I mean whatever about the bugs with the game, these kind of exploits actually make the game unplayable. Combine this with the LB-Y from the tip and well you can just imagine the fun people will have.

Are you on ps4 if so there is a massive glitch that will ruin online play basically you can quit when ahead and get the win or quit while behind and not get the loss or win but another chance to replay the game.

The more people find out about it the worse online will become

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Only started on Sunday but had my best trade so far (Web App seems to have normalised again), IF Clayton Donaldson bought for 12250, sold for 20000, 6.75k profit :cool:

Bertser wrote: »
    Only started on Sunday but had my best trade so far (Web App seems to have normalised again), IF Clayton Donaldson bought for 12250, sold for 20000, 6.75k profit :cool:

for the life of me I can't get into trading this year I just can't be bothered spending the time on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

cintec wrote: »
    for the life of me I can't get into trading this year I just can't be bothered spending the time on it.

I love it, I'd sometimes rather do that than jump on and play a few games. Each to their own really, don't think I'll get a trade as good as that for a long while anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,540 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Are the people disconnecting from EA Servers on UPC internet? I have Vodafone at home and haven't been disconnected from a match yet.

Have 100mb UPC in college house and was just kicked from very first match there while 1-0 up. Nat Type is open. No torrents etc open while using.

Very annoying.

yep, got onto support last week they know about the issue and are sorting it......timeframe 6 weeks they said!!!!

callaway92 wrote: »
    Are the people disconnecting from EA Servers on UPC internet? I have Vodafone at home and haven't been disconnected from a match yet.

Have 100mb UPC in college house and was just kicked from very first match there while 1-0 up. Nat Type is open. No torrents etc open while using.

Very annoying.

if your on ps4 there is a glitch that will allow someone to go 1-0 up and then break the connection and not get a DNF they actually get the win.

more and more people are using it in seasons

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

yep, got onto support last week they know about the issue and are sorting it......timeframe 6 weeks they said!!!!

Are you referring to UPC support or EA?

If its UPC can you say what the issue was and why they said 6 weeks to fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

callaway92 wrote: »

Very annoying.

Ya. I'm with UPC in Limerick. I've about 20 loses from disconnects at this stage. I've never, ever had it happen when I'm losing either.

It's nearly unplayable for me now. Almost guaranteed I'll get kicked out once every four matches so it's impossible to win any of the cups.

• Advertisement

Axwell wrote: »
    Are you referring to UPC support or EA?

If its UPC can you say what the issue was and why they said 6 weeks to fix it?

sorry ea support, i have been having huge problems on both UPC and Vodafone internet i havent played it in a week its been so unbearable,
    EA didnt say why it would take so long. I presume because they are just volunteers like mods on here i doubt they would be privy to that sort of info....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Well if its EA support then they would say 6 weeks as they would be bringing out a patch and cant just bring one out straight away it has to go through the sony pipeline. But I would tend to take that with a grain of salt too as they rarely bring out any patches or updates related to connection issues, there is always issues with their servers.

Yeah with connection issues, outside of the occasional disconnects (1 in 10) or lag, 90% of the time it boils down to an issue with your ISP.

Follow the instructions here ---> http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-uo-trace/ and save it.

Contact EA support and they will ask you to attach that so they can have a look to see if anything is up.

Im on UPC myself and I don't get any disconnects outside of the ordinary.

1 in 10 isn't occasional to be fair, there shouldn't be any disconnects at all unless there is something wrong. I am with UPC and I dont get disconnected at all in COD or other games. In FIFA it happens far too often, and when it happens its not that I am dropping off the psn network and losing my connection to the internet, its a disconnect in the match. I get a 3-0 loss and I am still connected fine.

There are also loads of issues with the UT transfer market also where it comes up as unavailable or as when you put in a price and postion etc and do a search it tells you no one is available at the price range, you adjust it by 100 coins and then all of a sudden loads of players come up but for under the previous price you had entered.

EA's servers have never been the best anyways but its very frustrating that it causes you to lose tournaments and lose coins where you havent had one of the rare occasions where your internet genuinely does drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Yeah with connection issues, outside of the occasional disconnects (1 in 10) or lag, 90% of the time it boils down to an issue with your ISP.

Follow the instructions here ---> http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-uo-trace/ and save it.

Contact EA support and they will ask you to attach that so they can have a look to see if anything is up.

Im on UPC myself and I don't get any disconnects outside of the ordinary.

I downloaded that utility and saved the traceroute(s).

If I go to help.ea.com, and try to actually contact them, I get redirected to this bullsh*t forum: http://answers.ea.com/t5/FIFA-14/bd-p/FIFA-14 where most threads don't get a reply, and nobody from EA looks like they monitor it even semi regularly.

There is no option of talking to someone directly in the slim hope that they may actually be able to pin point the problem, or work with UPC to actually solve the issue.

v3ttel wrote: »
    I downloaded that utility and saved the traceroute(s).

If I go to help.ea.com, and try to actually contact them, I get redirected to this bullsh*t forum: http://answers.ea.com/t5/FIFA-14/bd-p/FIFA-14 where most threads don't get a reply, and nobody from EA looks like they monitor it even semi regularly.

There is no option of talking to someone directly in the slim hope that they may actually be able to pin point the problem, or work with UPC to actually solve the issue.

But there is a way to talk with someone directly. Help.ea.com > help with a game > FIFA > Contact us > New convo > select your platform > Category and then you will see a chat option.

Ask the chat agent for a contact number if you want to speak with someone on the phone.

1 in 10 isn't occasional to be fair

Id say it is imo. To be honest you can go longer than that without any issues. 1/15.

You get booted from COD matches occasionally, you can get disconnected from GTA online occasionally. Theres no such thing as perfect online setup yet.

Its for those saying they get disconnect every second/third game or always having lag.

If its only happening you, with your provider, then its an issue with your provider.

Its for those saying they get disconnect every second/third game or always having lag.

If its only happening you, with your provider, then its an issue with your provider.

Well its clearly not only happening to me when plenty others have the same issues. This isnt lag and as far as im concerned its not an isp issue either, its an EA server issue. Its not as if its the first time there would be issues with EA's servers in fairness. Getting kicked out of a game of GTA or CoD has less impact than losing a few games of UT over it and ending up getting relegated. If we were still running the leagues and this was going on there would be complaints left right and centre.

Well its clearly not only happening to me when plenty others have the same issues. This isnt lag and as far as im concerned its not an isp issue either, its an EA server issue. Its not as if its the first time there would be issues with EA's servers in fairness. Getting kicked out of a game of GTA or CoD has less impact than losing a few games of UT over it and ending up getting relegated. If we were still running the leagues and this was going on there would be complaints left right and centre.

Disconnections dont happen that often. Again, if its happening frequently say above 1/10 or 1/15 something is definitely up.

Im not saying the servers are perfect, but so often its an issue on the ISP side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

So yesterday I completed the 13 manager tasks to get a free gold pack. Got Suarez in the pack (first time I've ever got anyone decent) but it turns out it's an untradeable item so I can't sell him. I assume he's untradeable as I didn't "buy" the pack as such. It's a shame as I was hoping to use the 70k coins or so to improve my La Liga team. I suppose I'll have to start a PL based team to accommodate him. First world problems eh?

Advertisement