Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Le Requin wrote: »
    So yesterday I completed the 13 manager tasks to get a free gold pack. Got Suarez in the pack (first time I've ever got anyone decent) but it turns out it's an untradeable item so I can't sell him. I assume he's untradeable as I didn't "buy" the pack as such. It's a shame as I was hoping to use the 70k coins or so to improve my La Liga team. I suppose I'll have to start a PL based team to accommodate him. First world problems eh?

trade ya rooney for im?xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,756 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

trade ya rooney for im?xbox?

I would've thought "untradeable" would apply to trading with others as well as selling? Could be wrong about that though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So I've managed to build up 100k coins, and am wondering what to do with it. I've got a solid but not star studded BBVA team, a solid Series A team and a decent PL team.

Could probably get in Mata and Ozil, put them with Rooney and drastically improve my PL team. Are they worth the 50k each? Or should I look to bring in a 100k player for one of my other teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

So I've managed to build up 100k coins, and am wondering what to do with it. I've got a solid but not star studded BBVA team, a solid Series A team and a decent PL team.

Could probably get in Mata and Ozil, put them with Rooney and drastically improve my PL team. Are they worth the 50k each? Or should I look to bring in a 100k player for one of my other teams?

you could build just 1 main squad and 1 offline squad.

currently using this squad and it is doing nicely

http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/6053863/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

A batch of transferred players are now in packs, including premier league Mcgeady!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TheNumpty

Cazorla or De Bruyne are the 2 best CAMs I've used, both have 5 star weak foots and brilliant at long shots and finishing. I've tried Mata and Ozil, think both are a little sluggish and lightweight and they have no right foot. If you have cash to spend, why not strengthen defence with Kompany or Luiz.

Using Luiz and Vidic at the moment. PL team is...

Hart
    Zabaleta - Vidic - Luiz - Evra
    ----Ramies
    Sandro
    Kagawa----Rooney----Oscar
    Sterling/Hernadez----

Hence why I was looking at CAM options. Will try those two though :)

In a horrible slump at the moment though; after 15 straight wins and a fair run at Div 1, I've been in freefall, and now in Div 5 with a record of 2W 4L. Don't know what's happened. Using same teams that got me up into Div 1, but can't seem to find any run of form or luck. Seems as if every ball bounces against me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Using Luiz and Vidic at the moment. PL team is...

Hart
    Zabaleta - Vidic - Luiz - Evra
    ----Ramies
    Sandro
    Kagawa----Rooney----Oscar
    Sterling/Hernadez----

Hence why I was looking at CAM options. Will try those two though :)

In a horrible slump at the moment though; after 15 straight wins and a fair run at Div 1, I've been in freefall, and now in Div 5 with a record of 2W 4L. Don't know what's happened. Using same teams that got me up into Div 1, but can't seem to find any run of form or luck. Seems as if every ball bounces against me :(

Same thing happened to me. Couldn't understand it. Ended up in div 4. But managed to get back straight into div one again. Its a strange game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I have a fair few players that I don't use if someone wants to trade for them I'll post them up later have a premier league team so it's mainly players in other leagues.

My team at the moment
    Hart
    Johnson agger Cahill cole
    Lucas
    Walcott
    sterling
    Erickson

Rooney -- Torres

Then the change is
    Mignolet
    Walker sakho skrtel clichy
    ----Fernandinho/gerrard---
    Lennon/ox
    willian
    Nasri

Suarez -- negredo---

Don't really know where I can strengthen.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Hi lads,

anyone want to swap ps3 coins for my xbox 360 coins? have more friends playing on the ps3 so would like to make the switch. if i sold my teams would have about 500K

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 xXDarkstarXx

Have 2 teams at the moment, a BBVA and a Bundesliga team. Very solid teams but don't have any of the expensive players like Gotze and Reus.

Has anybody used Esswein this year? His price on xbox is about 22,000, was thinking about saving up and using him instead of Elia. Also if you haven't yet, use Draxler. Best player I've played with this year, and he's less than 1,000 coins :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Have 2 teams at the moment, a BBVA and a Bundesliga team. Very solid teams but don't have any of the expensive players like Gotze and Reus.

Has anybody used Esswein this year? His price on xbox is about 22,000, was thinking about saving up and using him instead of Elia. Also if you haven't yet, use Draxler. Best player I've played with this year, and he's less than 1,000 coins :)

Agree with the Draxler comment. I have him in a midfield alongside Kroos and Gundogan.

He is one of the best dribblers in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 38 xXDarkstarXx

TheDoc wrote: »
    Agree with the Draxler comment. I have him in a midfield alongside Kroos and Gundogan.

I have him as CAM with Gundogan and Luis Gustavo sitting behind as CDM's. Works out very nicely especially with Draxler's 5 star weak foot.

Bamba Anderson is a nice cheap defender aswell, has replaced Sokratis in my fitness/mess around team.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

TheDoc wrote: »

Aint half bad IRL too!

I will take any opportunity to post that vid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

OH FFS. Twice now I have had to win my last game to hold my division and won them but it disconnects me straight away and boots me from ultimate team sayiing I have lost and cost me about 15K coins. ****ing bullcrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭baldshin

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    OH FFS. Twice now I have had to win my last game to hold my division and won them but it disconnects me straight away and boots me from ultimate team sayiing I have lost and cost me about 15K coins. ****ing bullcrap.

Happened me today in a cup competition. Sickening. Played a guy with a frankly ridiculously good team, he must have had about 20 shots,I had 4 and won 3-1. Game ends, I magically disconnect and the game is void. He immediately taunts me by messaging me. Would really put you off bothering to play online.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

baldshin wrote: »
    Happened me today in a cup competition. Sickening. Played a guy with a frankly ridiculously good team, he must have had about 20 shots,I had 4 and won 3-1. Game ends, I magically disconnect and the game is void. He immediately taunts me by messaging me. Would really put you off bothering to play online.

Is this on the ps4 or xbox if its the ps4 and he is taunting you its a good chance he has used the glitch to end the game apparently EA are trying to fix it now but it is being used a lot in the higher divisions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭baldshin

Nope was on xbox for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,756 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

evad_lhorg wrote: »

Happened me twice yesterday, the second the games were over a message came up saying I was being returned to the main menu, counted as losses despite me winning both games comfortably. Infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Le Requin wrote: »
    Happened me twice yesterday, the second the games were over a message came up saying I was being returned to the main menu, counted as losses despite me winning both games comfortably. Infuriating.

I have given up playing online and am tempted to sell it and not return to fifa because of it.... I mean I only enjoyed it due to the online aspect and they have let it slip so much it's just not worth my time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Huge price fixing problem on the market on PS4. If you have a look around, tonnes and tonnes of players are being listed by clubs with generic names that have been made recently. Pity because it makes trading impossible :(

Any special reason why I've managed to sell Robbie Keane for 4,400 on ut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Any special reason why I've managed to sell Robbie Keane for 4,400 on ut

St. Patricks day tournament coming up, it's normally one of the best for prize money. I assume it has a minimum number of irish players.

Was thinking that but kinda though it way to soon. Still 4400,is way to much for him

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

Was thinking that but kinda though it way to soon. Still 4400,is way to much for him

Some popular Youtuber released a video today about buying Irish players now and profiting from them when the St.Patricks Day tournament starts. The price of Irish players has at least doubled tonight because of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50C_p3TlS4w&feature=c4-overview&list=UUkaUtMpy3DU0L-q28pD62Ig

Bugg wrote: »
    Some popular Youtuber released a video today about buying Irish players now and profiting from them when the St.Patricks Day tournament starts. The price of Irish players has at least doubled tonight because of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50C_p3TlS4w&feature=c4-overview&list=UUkaUtMpy3DU0L-q28pD62Ig

Well that settles that :D duffers sold for 2k as well.

just watched it there. the fceking clown got the dates wrong :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Damn. I was planning on hoarding Irish players this week with a view to making a large profit. Looks like I've missed the boat. Thought doing it 5 weeks before St. Patricks day would be fine.

The last few years it's only been when the tournament was confirmed the prices shot up.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

People paying 20k for McGeady, 45k for Shane Long just to enter a one off tournament that gives out 10/15k for winning it.

I don't see the logic.

People paying 20k for McGeady, 45k for Shane Long just to enter a one off tournament that gives out 10/15k for winning it.

I don't see the logic.

They aren't buying to enter the tourney. They are buying to sell them the week of the tourney for more coins...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

They aren't buying to enter the tourney. They are buying to sell them the week of the tourney for more coins...

They have missed that boat, they are already paying over the odds if they are buying them at those prices.

Advertisement