Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

and that long ball from kick off, does my nut in.

All part of the L1 + Triangle family!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Can I ask a stupid question, I bought Coleman and he is Gold, how does a player go from Silver to gold as in what can you do to improve player stats, adding training only boosts for 1 game , right ? Also what does a black gold player mean .

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

they released updated versions of players, available in packs, last week.

http://www.fifauteam.com/fifa-14-upgraded-players-cards/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

bennyc wrote: »
    Can I ask a stupid question, I bought Coleman and he is Gold, how does a player go from Silver to gold as in what can you do to improve player stats, adding training only boosts for 1 game , right ? Also what does a black gold player mean .

At the end of january ea upgrade any players that have played well since september. A black gold is an inform card. Every wednesday ea release a team of the week which they consider to be the best players that week. Then they release thoses players for a week in packs as Inform players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Bertser wrote: »
    Seriously every second game I come up against a player whose only two moves are L1 + Triangle and shooting. Seriously frustrating and sad that even if you are very good at the game you'll lose to that nearly every time.

Its quite simply a marketing strategy by EA make the game mechanics poor so it favours pick up and play gamers or noobs,its more so in Ultimate Team.

If the game had even a decent bit of skill ie Manual LBY or H2H Stamina and the good players just slaughtered bad players all day the rubbish player will quit the product which will reduce packs in turn reducing profit for EA.

It's gonna stay like that because PES are just a disaster and don't have any licenses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

After the talk bout it here let week thinking of setting up a thrend so people can play matchs for coins or players set out before the match. Just wondering will there be much interest in it. And that it won't be breaking any rules boards has.would be on Xbox one

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Id be up for it on ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I'd be game on xbox 360

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I'd be up for it on ps3 if anyones interested. more a man for pink slips though

I'll do it on ps4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Had a decent night free from tools on Ultimate Team until my last game, a good tight affair that I won late on 1-0. I then received the usual sort of messages, the main gist of which stated the fact that I was **** because a substitute of mine scored the winner lol. Are subs not allowed now lol?

Anyway, the disappointing thing was that he was Irish too :( OgLegendKiller was the sad lad involved, an embarrassment to us all he is lol, poor chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Liamalone wrote: »
    Had a decent night free from tools on Ultimate Team until my last game, a good tight affair that I won late on 1-0. I then received the usual sort of messages, the main gist of which stated the fact that I was **** because a substitute of mine scored the winner lol. Are subs not allowed now lol?

Anyway, the disappointing thing was that he was Irish too :( OgLegendKiller was the sad lad involved, an embarrassment to us all he is lol, poor chap.
    I don't no if I'm lucky but this year I havnt got any messages off players but saying that it's probably down the Xbox one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

gotthebug wrote: »
    I don't no if I'm lucky but this year I havnt got any messages off players but saying that it's probably down the Xbox one

It is completely down to the xbox one, even though the latest update finally introduced the recent players list, it doesn't work at all with FIFA I am afraid. This means the person you last played is really unlikely to go to the trouble of messaging you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Invested coins in those Paddy's Day packs. Got Ribery. Not bad for playing for 2 weeks. Will fit nicely into my German team before selling him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Woah, just logged into FUT and had 10 rare gold packs waiting for me :eek:

Then decided to research and according to twitter everyone got them and they're unsellable it seems.

Pretty exciting initially (got my first ever IF player in the first one before finding all this out) but will it not mess things up a bit?

[edit] it seems other people only got 5? Wonder why I got ten

Woah, just logged into FUT and had 10 rare gold packs waiting for me :eek:

Then decided to research and according to twitter everyone got them and they're unsellable it seems.

Pretty exciting initially (got my first ever IF player in the first one before finding all this out) but will it not mess things up a bit?

[edit] it seems other people only got 5? Wonder why I got ten

Yeah its 5years today since fut started. Nice gesture. I got rues muller vidic mashinano and 2 free gold packs

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Yeah its 5years today since fut started. Nice gesture. I got rues muller vidic mashinano and 2 free gold packs

I was given 500 coins feel cheated did you log onto the web app or console

cintec wrote: »
    I was given 500 coins feel cheated did you log onto the web app or console

Console. My mate got fecking 10 packs

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Console. My mate got fecking 10 packs

I got 5 packs no good players except vidic who I can't sell :)
    my mate got Kompany, thiago silva and cavanni

• Registered Users Posts: 38 xXDarkstarXx

From my free 5 packs i got Lewandowski, Kompany, Jordi Alba and the inform brazilian lad that plays for Shaktar. Even if i could sell him, he only goes for 11k :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

From my free 5 packs i got Lewandowski, Kompany, Jordi Alba and the inform brazilian lad that plays for Shaktar. Even if i could sell him, he only goes for 11k :(

I logged in to buy Negredo and got him for 700 on the market only to find him in a free pack when i spotted them , got 5 rare plus 2 gold, Gomez Alonso Higuain Melo Negredo the highlights.

thanks EA. Ibra-fcuking-himovic. opened the free packs on another account i had. cant sell the fcuker :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I had 10 free packs. In those packs, I got three free gold pack redeems, and on top of that I bought 1 jumbo pack.

Out of 14 packs, the best I got was Xavi, Navas & Chiellini (already had him, so at least I can swap him with the one in my club and sell that one). Actually I got every single Juventus gold CB in the game too.

The three free gold packs were completely useless, and Baines was the only player of note in the 5K jumbo. I might put together a Spanish side out of what I have.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Got 10 packs too. ****ing awesome. Of note...

Pack One: Soldado, Thiago Silva, Guarin, Cabaye.
    Pack Two: Dani Alves, Ander Herrera
    Three: Ivanovic, Dzeko, Isco
    Four: Young, Llorente, Diego Costa, Gomez
    Five: (A load of 77s-79s)
    Six: Torres
    Seven: Kolarov, Arteta
    Eight: Boateng
    Nine: Cambiaso, Vermalen, Cavani
    Ten: Javi Garcia, Ferdinand

First 4 packs were amazing. My BBVA team just got a seriously crazy boost!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Got 10 packs too. ****ing awesome. Of note...

Pack One: Soldado, Thiago Silva, Guarin, Cabaye.
    Pack Two: Dani Alves, Ander Herrera
    Three: Ivanovic, Dzeko, Isco
    Four: Young, Llorente, Diego Costa, Gomez
    Five: (A load of 77s-79s)
    Six: Torres
    Seven: Kolarov, Arteta
    Eight: Boateng
    Nine: Cambiaso, Vermalen, Cavani
    Ten: Javi Garcia, Ferdinand

First 4 packs were amazing. My BBVA team just got a seriously crazy boost!

How are people getting the 10 packs? I'm on ps4 also by the way. Got some good players anyway.

Terry, badstuber, mexes, abdennour, navas, khedira, song, cuadrado, crouch, cavani, sturridge, musa, rondon, lukaku and xabi prieto

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I got 5 packs and nothing of note players-wise, maybe a few for my fitness team. Consumables were nice though!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Would it be based on how long you've been playing or something? This is my third year of FUT....

Would it be based on how long you've been playing or something? This is my third year of FUT....

Doubt it. I've been doing it for 4 years and only got five yet an account I made before Xmas got 10

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Pretty much guessing everyone on Xbox One gets 10 free packs (since EA and Microsoft are in a deal) while the PS4 gets 5 free packs

• Advertisement

Pretty much guessing everyone on Xbox One gets 10 free packs (since EA and Microsoft are in a deal) while the PS4 gets 5 free packs

Nope wrong as well. As I'm on ps4

Advertisement