Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Pretty much guessing everyone on Xbox One gets 10 free packs (since EA and Microsoft are in a deal) while the PS4 gets 5 free packs

I only got 5 on Xbox One.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

I am assuming its simply people who bought the ultimate edition get double. Everyone else gets 5 for the 5th anniversary.

I am on xbox and only got 5.

Btw got TOTW Defoe that can't be traded lol what a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Parawind wrote: »
    I am assuming its simply people who bought the ultimate edition get double. Everyone else gets 5 for the 5th anniversary.

I am on xbox and only got 5.

Btw got TOTW Defoe that can't be traded lol what a waste.

Not that either. I got the ultimate and ea season pass and got 5. I got IBRA on an account I don't use.

I think some people just got lucky on getting 10 instead of 5 packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Not that either. I got the ultimate and ea season pass and got 5. I got IBRA on an account I don't use.

I think some people just got lucky on getting 10 instead of 5 packs.

Hmm and was it also a fut founder account? There has to be some logic to it.

Parawind wrote: »
    Hmm and was it also a fut founder account? There has to be some logic to it.

No it was established in 2011. But an account I made 5months got the 10. Maybe an accounts that were made on FIFA 14 got the 10. I might tweet ea and see what they say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I'm a FUT Founder but only got 5, although I don't have the Ultimate Edition so that might be it. I got TOTW Godin and can't sell him!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I'm a FUT Founder but only got 5, although I don't have the Ultimate Edition so that might be it. I got TOTW Godin and can't sell him!

FUT founder and also ultimate owner and only got 5 so it's not that either.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No it was established in 2011. But an account I made 5months got the 10. Maybe an accounts that were made on FIFA 14 got the 10. I might tweet ea and see what they say

Nope, had mine since Fifa 12 and got 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

My club says it was established Oct 2013, I didn't get the Ultimate Edition, I'm on PS4, and I got 10 packs.

I'm actually a FUT Founder, but on my Xbox360 account. I made the jump to PS3 (had the console anyway) to keep my ultimate team when I moved over to PS4.

I would say it's just random as to whether they gave people 5 or 10.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Everyone was given 5 but it appears some randomly are been given 10. Doesn't seem to be any logic behind it, just EA randomly giving some people 10 from anything I have read online. Im an FUT founder on Xbox, playing on PS4 now but I got 5, v3ttel got 10 and he opened his the same time as I did.

• Advertisement

Finally got sick of those over the top díckheads and went looking for tactics to combat them.
    One lad on youtube recommended a defensive formation and custom tactic where defensive depth was 15-20.
    Have to say its working a treat..so far my first 3 games were against these noobs and beat them all rather easily and contained all of their through balls..I might actually start to like the game again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭rwg

Blazer wrote: »
    Finally got sick of those over the top díckheads and went looking for tactics to combat them.
    One lad on youtube recommended a defensive formation and custom tactic where defensive depth was 15-20.
    Have to say its working a treat..so far my first 3 games were against these noobs and beat them all rather easily and contained all of their through balls..I might actually start to like the game again :)

would much rather play one of them than a "get a cross in" player

^^ I'd happy swap..I reckon at least 95% of all my games are against the lob ball guys.
    Have now won my last 7 games and pretty pleased with myself.

^^ I'd happy swap..I reckon at least 95% of all my games are against the lob ball guys.
    Have now won my last 7 games and pretty pleased with myself.

What formation is it or can you post a link to the video. Wouldn't having a look at it

What formation is it or can you post a link to the video. Wouldn't having a look at it

I use 4-1-2-1-2.
    Basically from the main menu (not UT) you go to customize and edit team.
    Any team whatsoever.
    Go to Custom tactics I think it is and scroll down until you see defensive depth (set it to 15-20) I have mine set to 16.
    Save and go back out and then go to quick tactics.
    Save it as one and then you can select it from within the game even in UT.
    As soon as you start the game set your team to defensive and select your quick tactic.

Really works a treat. I just have to laugh when they wallop the ball forward and my defense is 10 yards advantage to the ball :)
    I have an excellent spanish team though just missing Messi/Ronaldo/Bale.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Anyone have a problem of the opposition players stacking their players with bronze players (i'm in div 1) and then quitting before kickoff? Happened a number of times to me. It doesn't count as a loss for me unless it is last game of the season. I would think it would count as a loss for them but it happens so many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Does anyone know the times of the week for Happy Hour ? Got UP Oscar in my free packs, and got 30k for my Rooney, and i've no targets i really want and this weeks IF's look good

13449140283_91dafdf9ec.jpg

So I started playing a small bit of this again.

Had to start from the bottom as I sold all my coins so I've an average enough Prem team(Carrick, Torress, Hernandez etc)

Came across this lad with ELEVEN legends, how thats even possible I don't know as I'd imagine they all go for hundreds of 1000s.

13449065945_23dc23f392.jpg

And surprise surprise he wins.

One thing I don't like about this mode in particular(it happens in Seasons but to a lesser degree) is that regardless of someones ability, if they have top players and you have dung, you can't possibly win.
    If you saw the way his players took down a few lofted balls as well, they were grabbed out of the air at head height.
    I had to score both of my goals from outside the box as it was impossible to get in and for one free header Torress missed the ball.

Naturally enough he scored in the 87th minute as well.

Just wish there wasn't some added bonus for ppl having good players on top of the stat difference, it's as if they get a bonus for performance while you're take a hit.

Had the same thing happen yest in the gold cup, I had to play my silver team as I've only the two and I can't find anyone to play the final against(selling it once I find someone).
    It's a prem team, budget job: Clark, Bannan, Hooper etc.
    He had Ibra, Messi, Iniesta etc.... he brings me to ET 1-1 before it disconnects as a draw.
    Just pummeling him as well but the game just makes it impossible for a squad difference of that much to result in a shock when if it was a standard game(3 star v 5 star you're ability would come to the fore more).

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

I envy you xbox heads with your legends, would love to build an Invincibles squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Wow, that team of legends is unreal! I think I've only met three teams that had legends in all my time playing UT, one had two but the other two only had the one.

• Advertisement

The thing is his chemistry should be ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I'd say he bought them all
    he is probably one of those people that plays fifa all year round and no other game
    invested all his spare money into buying coins online (1mill coins for like 40-50quid?) maybe less
    easy stuff too get haha
    no way he got all them in packs and no way he earned enough money to get them all playing games

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

The thing is his chemistry should be ****e.

Don't have any but legends have perfect chemistry with each other

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Been making good profit on UP Alaba over the last while (was getting him for 7k after the mega pack day and selling for 12k, now I can get him for 10k and sell for 12.5) so treated myself to a couple of packs. Ageuro \○/

He'll go well in the cheap English fitness team I made before I sell. Ribery and Aguero in the space of a month. Almost a coinillionaire.

gotthebug wrote: »
    Don't have any but legends have perfect chemistry with each other

Ya either with each other or by their country.

Which is why a lot were unhappy in regards to using Nedved and the likes, not too bad if they're from the main countries as there's good filler.

A mere 24 hours later and ANOTHER full legends 11 :eek:

13469162854_604d41a230.jpg

This lad even had a full bench full of Legends, a couple of million just wasted on the bench.

Thankfully I managed to scrap a 3-2 win this time but I'd improved my team a good bit since yesterday:
    Eto'o and (82) Sturridge for Hernandez and Torres, Cazorla for Carrick and Koscielny 83 for the 81.

I honestly think these Legends are super powered on top of their stats.

Most are no better than the likes of Messi, Ronaldo etc but they play twice as good.

Pires is faster than Ronaldo and every player can drop a lofted ball on a dime, at worst the goalie makes it first, but they're never massively over/under hit.
    Even Nedved is a bullet.

Be grateful any of ye on the PS, as these players are far worse to play against then any TOTW, TOTS players.

A blind man would have a chance of beating you with one of those teams, you mearly just have to press a button the odd time.

A mere 24 hours later and ANOTHER full legends 11 :eek:

13469162854_604d41a230.jpg

This lad even had a full bench full of Legends, a couple of million just wasted on the bench.

Thankfully I managed to scrap a 3-2 win this time but I'd improved my team a good bit since yesterday:
    Eto'o and (82) Sturridge for Hernandez and Torres, Cazorla for Carrick and Koscielny 83 for the 81.

I honestly think these Legends are super powered on top of their stats.

Most are no better than the likes of Messi, Ronaldo etc but they play twice as good.

Pires is faster than Ronaldo and every player can drop a lofted ball on a dime, at worst the goalie makes it first, but they're never massively over/under hit.
    Even Nedved is a bullet.

Be grateful any of ye on the PS, as these players are far worse to play against then any TOTW, TOTS players.

A blind man would have a chance of beating you with one of those teams, you mearly just have to press a button the odd time.

I wonder will there be legends again next year and will they at least put them to PS.

I wonder will there be legends again next year and will they at least put them to PS.

I hope not, tbh even if you're decent at trading getting anything over one is too dear.
    When you think of how much it costs to just get a good Prem team without any of the over priced players(Hazard, Augero etc) it's just too much to try pay 300k+ for one player.
    You also need two gold teams to rotate for fitness, I used to start with Silver but so few are playing it on Xbox One anyway.

They play far better than their base stats anyway.
    Every tackle is perfect, every pass is good, every touch is great.
    Cannavaro was easily able to keep up with Young in that last game.

Meeting a fair few of them as well, two full 11s in two days.
    Then another with 2/3 in a few games including the one directly after that((Shev and Inzaghi up front)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Ive found people who have expensive players are usually pretty bad not the other way round.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ive found people who have expensive players are usually pretty bad not the other way round.

Was going to say.

I feel that 8/10 times I go up against "Super teams", the players behind them are pretty bad, relying on hoofball tactics or spamming "skill" moves which I can easily dispose them due to.

I've nearly come to dread the "cheap" teams, since if someone is in Div 3 with a non-impressive team, it probably means they are actually really good players...

Advertisement