Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I got Bernard for Shaktar. He's worth about 10-13k. Should I sell now or wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Keno wrote: »
    I got Bernard for Shaktar. He's worth about 10-13k. Should I sell now or wait?

Wait until full release.
    You should make another 3-4K.. But the downside is other player prices will rise.

Have you made a team?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Wait until full release.
    You should make another 3-4K.. But the downside is other player prices will rise.

Have you made a team?

Nope. I usually just play single player when the game comes out for a while with a crap team to make some coins.

Keno wrote: »
    Nope. I usually just play single player when the game comes out for a while with a crap team to make some coins.

I'd suggest selling now then.

Player prices will be on the rise when the game is released and you don't want to be stuck with no squad.

Also try and avoid the Premier League.. It's always overpriced.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

W00t, daily gift of 2.5k.

That'll be my bronze team sorted then. Usually went with S.Korean, but wouldn't mind trying something new. Think I'll try Dutch league.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Amazing how much more quieter this thread is compared to last year.

Anyway, not been bothering with trading since GTA V came out, but I've been opening the app for the daily gifts. Only been getting silver gift packs, I'd say I got around 4 or 5 in the past week alone. Also got 500 coins today. Meh.

Decided to go for a Serie A team.

Picked up Kaka, Higuain, Rossi and Totti for fairly cheap prices.

Even though he is only 79, Pogba is going for around 8,000 (on xbox). Any reason for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TheNumpty

Even though he is only 79, Pogba is going for around 8,000 (on xbox). Any reason for that?
    Defo his strength, its rated 87.

Managed to pick up Javi Martinez last night.

RB/LB players are really bad in the Bundesliga.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Managed to pick up Javi Martinez last night.

RB/LB players are really bad in the Bundesliga.

much was he fetching. might pick him up myself

• Advertisement

much was he fetching. might pick him up myself

I got lucky at 4K.. But he's around 4.5K now.
    Handy player if you need someone to enforce the centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Built a cheap Ligue 1 side to start off with, normally go Bundesliga but this year compared to last the prices for good players are more expensive.

http://www.easports.com/fifa/football-club/ultimate-team/show-off?showoffId=jphKA6CTbcZ7:360

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Built a cheap Ligue 1 side to start off with, normally go Bundesliga but this year compared to last the prices for good players are more expensive.

http://www.easports.com/fifa/football-club/ultimate-team/show-off?showoffId=jphKA6CTbcZ7:360

Silly question inc, how do you have full gold? Spend some cash already or some takeover coins or something from Fifa 13?

I'm not sure how people get these full gold teams. All I seem to get are bronze packs where the **** in them sells for like 15-30 coins

TheDoc wrote: »
    Silly question inc, how do you have full gold? Spend some cash already or some takeover coins or something from Fifa 13?

I'm not sure how people get these full gold teams. All I seem to get are bronze packs where the **** in them sells for like 15-30 coins

Just trading and maybe getting lucky in starter packs or in my case multiple accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Trading is so easy to be fair I got a cm to cdm cad in a starter pack for example. bought a 80 rated CM for 1,100 coins put on the cm>cdm card and sold for 4,800 coins.

Not a silly question at all, I used to be in a similar position, but for FIFA 13 and now 14 I've had a full gold 100 chem team ready to go before I got the game.

I haven't spent any money, never have, I personally don't agree with paying for virtual packs when I can play and earn, albeit at a slower rate.

Sell EVERYTHING you can from starter packs, and I believe I got 2/3 loyalty packs as well. 2 days I have been lucky enough to get a 2500 coin bonus, thats 5000 coins right there. When you want to build a team from a league, start out searching for players with a max Buy Now price of 500 coins, and see if there are any players you like that can be got dirt cheap. Jallet, Mavuba, Veratti and Cabella were all bought this way.

So I spent 7100 coins on this side, 5000 of which were gifted to me. I've never been a good trader, but I can build a good budget side to get me by. I actually have an all gold non-rare Brazil side, every player cost 350/400 coins, which I had before this French side, and that was built on coins from selling loyalty pack players and very very basic trading.

I'll need to read up on trading, if I just sell my starter packs I'd barely have enough gold to buy 1-3 players. Thats assuming I quick sell, but I wonder who the hell would buy bronze players...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I'll need to read up on trading, if I just sell my starter packs I'd barely have enough gold to buy 1-3 players. Thats assuming I quick sell, but I wonder who the hell would buy bronze players...

Don't think you can get anything for the starter players.

I remembered I got Sven Bender in one of my loyalty packs, got me 2000 coins and I was able to piece together a budget Bundesliga side, decided I didn't like them and sold them on, made about 1000 coin profit total, so that 3000 plus the 5000 I got in daily gifts gave me the 8000 to build my team there.

The team plays really well, if the fecking EA servers could hold up for even a half, 2 disconnect losses in games I was winning. Great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Sweet..transferred over my UT coins and got Gerrard and Coutinho and Djemble or something...floged them all and bought DiNatale.
    Not a bad Serie A team now..although a few of them took a big hit..how the hell is Lichsteiner only 78..he was 87 in Team of the Year a few weeks ago.
    Same for Pasquale..was 82 TOTY and now only 76.

http://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/football-club/ultimate-team/show-off?showoffId=f2tjdRjibdCK:360

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Saved up and bought ballotelli last night. Then I decide to open a pack and who pops out but ballotelli lol

Blazer wrote: »
    Sweet..transferred over my UT coins and got Gerrard and Coutinho and Djemble or something...floged them all and bought DiNatale.
    Not a bad Serie A team now..although a few of them took a big hit..how the hell is Lichsteiner only 78..he was 87 in Team of the Year a few weeks ago.
    Same for Pasquale..was 82 TOTY and now only 76.

http://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/football-club/ultimate-team/show-off?showoffId=f2tjdRjibdCK:360

ftom ut 13? how? just opened my free pack for pre ordering. got di natalie. wonder what hes going for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

my brother just got the Ultimate Edition for Xbox and he has put in the code for UT gold pack but he hasnt received any packs,should he get his first one today or when?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    my brother just got the Ultimate Edition for Xbox and he has put in the code for UT gold pack but he hasnt received any packs,should he get his first one today or when?
    Thanks.

I got the standard edition and when I put in the code for my free 4 packs I go them straight away.

Edit: Oh dont you get like 2 a week not sure when tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Nolars wrote: »
    I got the standard edition and when I put in the code for my free 4 packs I go them straight away.

Edit: Oh dont you get like 2 a week not sure when tbh.

he got it sorted..he got one gold pack from the code.i think its one gold pack a week

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    Thanks.

yeah he should of. i got mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

ftom ut 13? how? just opened my free pack for pre ordering. got di natalie. wonder what hes going for

He's going for around the 33k min.
    But he's a beast in this game as well...his curve rating is 90 so outrageous finesse goals are the norm..well until it gets patched.

Blazer wrote: »
    He's going for around the 33k min.
    But he's a beast in this game as well...his curve rating is 90 so outrageous finesse goals are the norm..well until it gets patched.

How did u transfer your coins from ut13

I've the ultimate edition on the way too me, couple of free packs in that or something is there?

• Advertisement

I've the ultimate edition on the way too me, couple of free packs in that or something is there?

a free pack every week for 12 weeks I think.

Advertisement