Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picking Up Accountancy

• 20-08-2013 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi guys , about to go into 6th year and im interested in doing accountancy after school. Only problem is I dont do accountancy in school as my school doesnt offer it. Would it be possible to get a leaving cert grade in it through weekly grinds over a period of 1 year? is the course doable in 1 year? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I basicially did it in one year, got a B1 after getting grinds for a year, and I'm disappointed with that. It's definitely doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 RebelLAD1

Niceone , relieved to hear that.. Did you get grinds often ? I was thinking of a 1 hour session once a week.. Then obviously do my own study for it too.. Reckon that would be sufficient?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

this course is easy to in a year at one stage i done it less than a year at one stage.

It may be difficult initially to come to terms with the concepts but once you keep practicing and revising it will all fall into place.

Any questions about the subject feel free to ask!

I presume your from cork by your username. I recommend you try to get grinds up in Bruce College in the city if at all possible. The accounting teacher up there is literally a god

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

RebelLAD1 wrote: »
    Niceone , relieved to hear that.. Did you get grinds often ? I was thinking of a 1 hour session once a week.. Then obviously do my own study for it too.. Reckon that would be sufficient?

That's what I did too. Really it's exam questions exam questions exam questions, just practice the topics over and over. Don't get me wrong its a fair bit of work, you'd wan't to be doing at least 5 questions a week really, but it's definitely manageable.

Say in one grind you cover Club a/cs. Then for the next week you should go back through the past papers and do as many Club a/cs as you can find. Repeat this each week, every topic is very repetitive.

Good luck!

Advertisement