Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BSA r10 MKII - Info

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

U try griffen and hawe?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Smudge08

I tried ringing Griffen Hawe on Friday evening to see what sort of stock he had but I didn't get an answer, would it be worth calling over there? I'll try ring again tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

Id say so i seen a few gas ones the last time!He has hundreds on guns!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭KE_MAN

Smudge08 wrote: »
    I tried ringing Griffen Hawe on Friday evening to see what sort of stock he had but I didn't get an answer, would it be worth calling over there? I'll try ring again tomorrow

Would recommend (from experience) you shop around dealers before you make a purchase. I was looking at BSA R10 MKii earlier this year put went for Air Arms 410s instead. For BSA there was a difference €365 among dealer prices ! Try the following also:

http://www.normanharpur.com/

http://tannyokyguns.com/index.html

Thanks for the advice. How do you find your air arms 410s? I was looking at them also. Do you find that there's much to do in terms of maintenance? Would a pcp like this be easier to licence over a 22lr or is it all the same?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

murph226 wrote: »
    Wouldn't all air rifles sold here be full power seeing as you need a firearms license for them?

Nope - in fact a lot of them are shipped over set to 12ft.lb regardless of box spec because it makes the paperwork easier - so it's very important to verify that the rifle is delivering the stated power.
    1shot16 wrote: »
    top up could be 70 euro by a welder thats y i went spring tbh

Load of crap - 300bar fill at Lambay diving will cost you a fiver!
    Is there any scopes in particular that you would recommend?

I use hawke, but for the ranges in question anything will work. Adjustable parallax (either front or side focus, and preferably the latter) is advantageous for target work, but absolutely necessary for fieldwork.

I use the Vartmint SF at the moment and am delighted with it. Great all-rounder.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭KE_MAN

Thanks for the advice. How do you find your air arms 410s? I was looking at them also. Do you find that there's much to do in terms of maintenance? Would a pcp like this be easier to licence over a 22lr or is it all the same?

I like the handling of the Air Arms stock. Was going to go for Weihrauch H100 T until i got to handle it in the flesh. Another entry level budget PCP is the Webley Raider 10. Good quality gun at a good price and has recently been reviewed by Terry Doe in Air Gunner magazine.

Have not got my gun long enough to comment on maintenance. Maybe some of the more experienced Air Gunners here can chip in their own experience.

I would recommend you consided a good quality PCP like the Air Arms S410 or Weihrauch H100. Licencing is all the same. Your first application will take a bit longer to process.

Just in relation to getting a scuba bottle, is it ok to just pick one up off a site like divegear.ie or do I need any special valves etc. does it have to be certified or just in good working order? Also what ltr tank would be the most popular among pcp rifles users? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

Just in relation to getting a scuba bottle, is it ok to just pick one up off a site like divegear.ie or do I need any special valves etc. does it have to be certified or just in good working order? Also what ltr tank would be the most popular among pcp rifles users? Thanks in advance

7L 300bar give you the best bang per buck as regards number of rifle fills available from a single fill of the tank vs. the cost of the tank.

Will require a test every 5 years which costs €30 and takes an hour or so - *personally* I wouldn't be terribly worried about buying one second hand out of cert. There's f*ck all goes wrong with them unless they're visibly damaged and getting them recertified is easy out, just drop it in to Lambay diving and they'll sort it all out for you.

All 300bar tanks have the same fitting on them and it's the right fitting for mouting the regulator that comes with the HW's

Advertisement