Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Chucken wrote: »
    Gossip had it that she was ill in real life but she tweeted that her brother (I think) is ill, not her.
    :

She tweeted that her brother was killed, if I remember correctly?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

MugMugs wrote: »

Good!
    So why dont they bring charges against the fraudster that claimed rape?

Destroy a man's rep and life, no repercussion? Not right

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ann22 wrote: »
    Wasn't there a time when Gail didn't know who Sarah's dad was? Remember your man the Aussie fella-friend of Brian's who she had a fling with? She turned out to be Brian's but I can't remember how we knew that...don't think there was dna testing done that time but could be wrong. Maybe it was clear by blood type.

There was a blood test done. Can't remember who played the Aussie fellow, but I do remember he was well lush! Brian was a weakling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Aseth wrote: »
    Wasn't that Nick? ;)

I'm not entirely sure but Corrie page on FB mentioned :
    Fizz moving in together with Ty
    so I'm wondering if Fizz is preggers with Tyrone[no spoiler here as I haven't seen it posted anywhere, just my own deduction at work ;)]

Oh Christ, another baby. Along with the baby a dramatic screaming birth in t'Rovers / Underworld / the Kabin / under a canal bridge etc etc. Why the Fk can't they just go to a bloody hosptal like the rest of us.

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    When does Karl get found out properly for once and for all?? It's taking way too long!

I think it's being done right, drag it out over a few days and watch him crumble slowly. I thought him attacking the two kids was good. He's cracking up bit by bit. They could go on for another week IMO.
    MugMugs wrote: »
    I presume there's actually a reason that she left?

Saw Tommy in last night too. I presume he's complying with his sacking and acting himself out?

Corrie is filmed about 6 weeks in advance so the whole Tommy thing hasn't come out yet in real life. He'll probably head off to join the army / see a sick relative / go to Tibet to find himself in about 2-3 weeks time.

Sally looks class, if she headed into town she'd get the ride off a better sort than Thick Tim. How the hell she didn't call him out when he was thinking of skipping the wedding I don't know.

Never mind those Karl attacking those two kids, I felt like giving them a whack myself....our poor ol Craig....

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Never mind those Karl attacking those two kids, I felt like giving them a whack myself....our poor ol Craig....

To be fair Craig told a pile of lies about them and they got suspended for it. I'd have done the same as those lads if I was their age :) ! WE know the story behind it, but the two young lads didn't. To be fair their a cheeky pair, calling Gloria and old cow!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Red Kev wrote: »

Sally looks class, if she headed into town she'd get the ride off a better sort than Thick Tim.

I agree she looks well with her new haircut and she looks like she has a tan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Wait until Kev comes back and finds out who Sally has been having a "bit of hows yer father" with while he was gone,not that he can talk:D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

TV3 news at 5.30 had a short clip of Terry Duckworth rooting for Kev after the trial. Shame on Sally for not showing up

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

jimmyw wrote: »
    Wait until Kev comes back and finds out who Sally has been having a "bit of hows yer father" with while he was gone,not that he can talk:D.

From what I remember Sally told Kev there's no way they are getting back together so I won't expect too much.
    Now with Tommy, Tina and Hailey leaving, possibly Karl and maybe Ken(depending how his trial turns out) would they be bringing several new characters? Anyone here heard any rumours?
    Btw wasn't Tim supposed to be leaving as well? And Brian? Or have I dreamt that bit?

would they be bringing several new characters? Anyone here heard any rumours?
    Btw wasn't Tim supposed to be leaving as well? And Brian? Or have I dreamt that bit?

Any new characters will be "hunky" or "drop dead gorgeous" will either "sex up the street" or be "cheeky, opinionated" and will "shake up the Street" etc etc. They'll be more than likely crap actors (Ryan, Katy) or good actors with crap lines (Gloria) and will leave Corrie after a couple of years when the lines dry up.

Corrie needs more long term characters and less short term ones and badly needs another focus place like the Rovers, Kabin, Underworld, Roys Rolls etc. There's a couple of empty shops where Fred and Ashley had the butchers, why not try some different business there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

From what I remember Sally told Kev there's no way they are getting back together so I won't expect too much.
    Now with Tommy, Tina and Hailey leaving, possibly Karl and maybe Ken(depending how his trial turns out) would they be bringing several new characters? Anyone here heard any rumours?

Yeah I remember that Brian Was supposed to leave, I think they were building up to him having a heart attack as there was loads of scenes of him eating copious amounts of food. and have to agree with the way they're leaving at the moment there will be no one on the street and they will have to introduce loads of new characters at the same time.
    Karl is leaving, and as you said, Tina, Tommy, Haley, and Ken is gone( pending the trial), also Stella is leaving at some time next year I think.

But to counteract all the people leaving they are bringing back Liz and Todd, they're the only two I can think of at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

To be fair Craig told a pile of lies about them and they got suspended for it. I'd have done the same as those lads if I was their age :) ! WE know the story behind it, but the two young lads didn't. To be fair their a cheeky pair, calling Gloria and old cow!

Them calling Gloria an old cow was really funny. Why did she have to stick her nose in anyway? Like the Karl scenes at the mo, probably cos we know he's about to be found out. Only downside will be Leanne all " I told you he was no good" . She hasn't been too bad lately with Nick in hospital but that will change soon.

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Them calling Gloria an old cow was really funny. Why did she have to stick her nose in anyway? Like the Karl scenes at the mo, probably cos we know he's about to be found out. Only downside will be Leanne all " I told you he was no good" . She hasn't been too bad lately with Nick in hospital but that will change soon.

I completely forgot about poor Nick the other night.

I was like "if the Hen are staying there, what about poor Nick" Until I realised :(

Every time I wish Leanne and that awful Simon out of it, I just count my blessings that at least....PAUL IS GONE!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I haven't seen Corrie properly for about a month; is Nick still asleep?

He is Posy. And in fairness, you would too if you had Gail standing over you lovingly :)

Nick hasn't been on screen for a while, probably re-appear with a nice tan.

• Advertisement

Nick hasn't been on screen for a while, probably re-appear with a nice tan.

Some benefits from that Hospital food so :D

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Every time I wish Leanne and that awful Simon out of it, I just count my blessings that at least....PAUL IS GONE!

Jane Danson is a superb actress when she is given the proper script. Remember her when her relationship with Peter was falling apart ? She was excellent back then.

The problem is that she has been given a role that makes her bite back, snarly and bitchy at the same time and that's about it. Pity. In many ways I'd love to see her in a film or at least in the theatre, I thinks she puts a lot of other actresses in the shade.

Jane Danson is a superb actress when she is given the proper script. Remember her when her relationship with Peter was falling apart ? She was excellent back then.

The problem is that she has been given a role that makes her bite back, snarly and bitchy at the same time and that's about it. Pity. In many ways I'd love to see her in a film or at least in the theatre, I thinks she puts a lot of other actresses in the shade.

I agree, actress is good. But the character Leanne is god awful. Such a whiney, spiteful, horrible wagon. When will she learn to say Simon? Lovely name they 've ruined with 'Si'.

Would like to see Toyah and Janice back. That should cheer up Leanne a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Would like to see Toyah and Janice back. That should cheer up Leanne a bit.

Would be great to have Toyah back, such a good actress. She was brilliant in Casualty.

EB_2013 wrote: »
    Would be great to have Toyah back, such a good actress. She was brilliant in Casualty.

Is Toyah still with Spider (Emily's nephew)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

They're probably still together. She left after Maria had a fling with her fella and got pregnant. She got in touch with Spider and went to him in London. He had opened a juice company...or something like that.

Chucken wrote: »
    They're probably still together. She left after Maria had a fling with her fella and got pregnant. She got in touch with Spider and went to him in London. He had opened a juice company...or something like that.

Maria or Toyah?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Maria or Toyah?

Maria! I was looking for the story there. Found it!!!

http://coronationstreet.wikia.com/wiki/Toyah_Battersby

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement