Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I had been hoping for a hostage type storyline, but no such luck. Considering midwives and ambulances can take hours to arrive to the street, how did the police get there so fast? Literally in the nick of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

syklops wrote: »
    I had been hoping for a hostage type storyline, but no such luck. Considering midwives and ambulances can take hours to arrive to the street, how did the police get there so fast? Literally in the nick of time.

Yep..they had the Police "crime scene tape" in place before they even knew what was going on:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

just after catching up now and agree with everyone so far what a let down, by right Dev should have spilled the beans in the registry office and had the police waiting outside or something along those lines instead of breathing heavily and creepy looking.

then I thought he'd say it in the car he had, which I've never seen before.. and then I though he'd clap very slowly at the end of Karls speech in the Bistro and tell everyone. alas it was a shít reveal to a dragged out Storyline.. at least that's the last of him.. hopefully.

Totally agree. I kept thinking what the heck is he at. It was just a damp squib, after Dev's dramatic, heavy breathing entrance into the wedding on Wednesday night's episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Did Carl confess that he actually killed Sunita by removing her ventilator tube or do they all assume still that although he tried to kill her in the fire that she actually died of 'natural' causes? I should watch it but the excitement has gone off me after reading all your comments. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 KatieD508

No he admitted he killed her in the hospital

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

i think they were coming there anyway to talk to Carl, since it was the desk job guy that Jason could conveniently shout at for making him wait at the station

seriously though, if i worked in the medical/policing/welfare sectors in the Uk i would really be pissed at how they are all portrayed on Corrie as bumbling idiots who cannot do their job right.

for example:
    - tyrone & Kirsty storyline
    - David and Nick storyline (actually where are the police on that one)
    - and now Carl

all they portray is that the police can't/won't solve a crime.

At least the ambulance service didn't let us down. Dev is still lying face down on the cold, bare pavement until the next episode. :D

At least the ambulance service didn't let us down. Dev is still lying face down on the cold, bare pavement until the next episode. :D

True. And did I imagine it, or was there a moment where he and Karl were eye to eye (almost) when the police were arresting Karl? They told him to lie on the ground, I think...I was only half watching cos it got so dragged out after a fairly promising end to Wednesday night's episode.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    True. And did I imagine it, or was there a moment where he and Karl were eye to eye (almost) when the police were arresting Karl? They told him to lie on the ground, I think...I was only half watching cos it got so dragged out after a fairly promising end to Wednesday night's episode.

Yes, there was and momentary meeting of eyes.

I also couldn't believe how quickly the Corrie residents accepted his guilt. No one person said that they didn't believe it. Even Gloria who I always thought fancied Carl more than either Stella or Sunita didn't blink an eye and the cheek of her giving out to Jason for not getting her Stella out. She never gave him the time of day when him and Stella were together and did everything she could to get Carl back with Stella and yet she expected Jason to put himself out. Bah!

There was a funny moment when the policeman said he recognised Beth's surname, and she wasn't too pleased.

• Advertisement

There was a funny moment when the policeman said he recognised Beth's surname, and she wasn't too pleased.

Oooh, you little tinker!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Didn't she say something about her sisters getting into trouble. Bring on the Tinker sisters i say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

I was looking forward to some glorious overacting by Dev, complete with over extended syllables. What a disappointment! I think for comic relief Dev is my favourite (even though he's not meant to be funny most of the time)

I was looking forward to some glorious overacting by Dev, complete with over extended syllables. What a disappointment! I think for comic relief Dev is my favourite (even though he's not meant to be funny most of the time)

Same here. I thought he was hilarious, even when he wasn't meant to be...hugging Karl, and making all these (strange), deep and meaningful remarrrrrrrrrks as only Devvvvvv can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

What a load of tripe. If Dev had only said what was to be said in the Registry Office, it would have been much better.

That would have been total anti climax, I'm glad they dragged it out a bit, but not happy with the end and the big confession. I'd have preferred if Karl had just headed off in a panic and showed up in a few months or years again. I actually likes him and think he's a good actor.
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Karl should have killed Stella and himself and the cheek of Gloria blaming Jason :mad:
    He should have hijacked the bus which was going to the Arndale centre with Tracey, Rob, Izzy and Faye and her stupidly annoying spoilt b1tch of a friend and blown the whole heap up, killing Small Paul the fireman in the process.

Need to watch it like this:

May-11-2012-21-01-30-dfbfd.jpeg

"Tinker? Thought I recogniced the name!" ......must be a halting site on the Red Rec now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

The beatdown by Dev was satisfying to watch and the threat of burning the pub again was good. But the anticlimactic end was poor. Two ways it could have, and I thought it would have, gone down imo.
    1. Stella and Karl step out of the pub hand in hand with her talk of standing by him through it all, but as soon as Karl's in cuffs she spits in his face or tells him she lied and hopes he rots alone in jail.
    2. Karl acts on Stella's pleas to go quietly, but when he reaches the pub level he pops the lighter with the idea that having lost the one thing left in his life he'd light himself up, but then Jason or Dev tackle him and stop him from taking the easy way out, rather he suffer for his crimes in life than die there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Stella brought over three clear shot glasses and one bottle then they drank a blue, brown and orange shot :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,244 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Eileen's hair looks awful

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I laughed at Dev the other night, dramatically being practically carried out onto the street, hopping on one leg and dragging the other one behind him. Didn't Karl just clobber him over the head with a bottle?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,906 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Stella has probably gone through about a litre of vodka. How is she still standing?

• Advertisement

"Don't beat yourself up, Dev" - no, step back and let me do it :D

I hope Sal's headache isn't the start of another sad storyline...surely they wouldn't go down that route again with a long-term character...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,906 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    "Don't beat yourself up, Dev" - no, step back and let me do it :D

I hope Sal's headache isn't the start of another sad storyline...surely they wouldn't go down that route again with a long-term character...

I think Sally's headache was just an excuse for her to mope after whatsit stood her up.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I think Sally's headache was just an excuse for her to mope after whatsit stood her up.
    but when Sophie left and she was on her own she put her hand up to her head so I think she did have a headache.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,244 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

She was too embarrassed to face all the Knicker Factory crowd after Tim stood her up for the wedding

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    She was too embarrassed to face all the Knicker Factory crowd after Tim stood her up for the wedding

What amuses me about that is when any of them in the factory throw a sickie, they turn up in the pub that night. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

I hope the f**** Stella just goes to bed, sleeps it off and stops annoying me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

how early does tommy go to bed? tyrone and fiz both said good night to tommy and the sun was splitting the stones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

how early does tommy go to bed? tyrone and fiz both said good night to tommy and the sun was splitting the stones!

Tommy to have a long nap...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

I've noticed the sun shining brightly on the tops of their heads lately when it's supposed to be evening in mid september. Need to do more filming in the evening when it's actually getting dark, especially as they film 6 odd weeks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    I've noticed the sun shining brightly on the tops of their heads lately when it's supposed to be evening in mid september. Need to do more filming in the evening when it's actually getting dark, especially as they film 6 odd weeks in advance.

Probably union rules mean the extras and crew would run into overtime if they were to do that. It makes accountants nervous.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement