Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Tina and Peter's affair starts when she bonds with him over Simon getting
    bullied by Faye and her new friend

Surely Leanne would be the one tearing after anyone who hurts Si :P

Our Si You mean ;) No one hurts Our Si.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Meh. I know I shouldn't advocate bullying, but in fairness Si is such an irritating little **** I'm surprised someone hasn't given him a slap before now. Only problem is Faye is equally annoying if not more so, and this storyline means we'll be subjected to both of their petulant little faces on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Signs of a return to form by the writers last night -

Gloria, telling Norris about the sale of the Rovers . . .
    "I might as well tell you, it'll save the cost of an advert in the paper"

Norris, soon afterwards, meeting Hayley and Roy in the street . . .
    "How are you feeling, Hayley?"
    Then, interrupting Hayley's reply, "Have you heard the latest about the Rovers?"

I often feel that they overwrite Norris's part as a 24/7 gossip, but they nailed it on a more subtle level this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,908 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Did it not occur to Tim to....actually leave town for a week?

What???? And spend his own money on food and accommodation??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,248 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Katy is over doing it with Tina's fake tan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I think Tim is a bit special. If you are going to have a staycation to get some space from your girlfriend who lives across the road, would you not fill your freezer with pizza and fill your fridge with beer first? He is still on Day one and he is "starving" and no food in. :rolleyes:

That Christian didnt seem so bad to me. Roy was a bit impatient with him. He doesn't know about Haleys situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

jos28 wrote: »
    I showed Mr Jos the article and he admired her for losing so much weight but he thought she deserves major credit for 'keeping her baps'. He was obviously enjoying her bending forward scenes as well

I didn't know Eva was once a big lass.

Hayley's looks a bit like her....he does however look a big weirdo-ish. Anna was totally useless, she didn't make any effort to find out if it was important that she contact Hayley for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Somehow me thinks that won't be the last we hear from Christian...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Katy is over doing it with Tina's fake tan

I think she might have stolen Tina's fake tan, Tina's looking a lot more natural these days. Katy just looks ridiculous. Needs a good wash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fungums

Just wondering how much Steve sold the pub for to Stella? When he heard the price he looked delighted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Fungums wrote: »
    Just wondering how much Steve sold the pub for to Stella? When he heard the price he looked delighted

She mentioned to the estate agent that she will drop the price for a quick sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

When Jim robbed the bank to buy Steve out the price at the time was £120,000. Stella bought it a few months later, don't think a price was ever mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

It seems that despite the stupid stuff he's done and will no doubt do in the future, I often find myself rooting for Peter and taking his side in most situations and conflicts he's in, against Leanne, Rob, Michelle, etc.

Usually in Cropper-centric plots Hayley does most of the talking and Roy is just...there, dropping in a Royism every now and then or attracting sarcasm from others, but with this storyline he's been on absolute fire and a credit to Neilson's acting. When this is all over, to not have one or both of them lobbed a few awards will be blasphemous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Jikashi wrote: »

Usually in Cropper-centric plots Hayley does most of the talking and Roy is just...there, dropping in a Royism every now and then or attracting sarcasm from others, but with this storyline he's been on absolute fire and a credit to Neilson's acting. When this is all over, to not have one or both of them lobbed a few awards will be blasphemous.

Yes, I agree, still hate the fact that Hayley is going to die, but Roy and Hayley are brilliant in this storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

I don't even remember him selling it in the first place. One day he owned it and the next it belonged to Stella.

Also does Owen not own part of the pub after Stella couldn't afford the whole rebuild after the fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

EB_2013 wrote: »
    I don't even remember him selling it in the first place. One day he owned it and the next it belonged to Stella.

Also does Owen not own part of the pub after Stella couldn't afford the whole rebuild after the fire.

He was forced to sell it because he was penniless. Good old Corrie, forget that and just have him buying it now no problem.

Has anybody mentioned to Dev how terrible it was that Sunita was framed and murdered and his kids bullied etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    He was forced to sell it because he was penniless. Good old Corrie, forget that and just have him buying it now no problem.

I must have missed all that. Would have thought Street Cars was worth a bit of money. Funny how he's now able to come up with money for the pub all of a sudden.

I do think him and Michelle suit running the Rovers. I just hope Ryan leaves soon. Such a useless character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Howjoe1 wrote: »

Has anybody mentioned to Dev how terrible it was that Sunita was framed and murdered and his kids bullied etc?

wait i thought he sold it to buy the house for him and tracy and amy, then they blew up and kevin bought the house off him (after steve tried to turn it into two flats) (the same house sally let stella stay in) leaving that cash just sitting there (obviously gathering interest) and he is now using it to buy the rovers back again?

its like musical chairs with property in Corrie :D

hoodwinked wrote: »

its like musical chairs with property in Corrie :D

True! Remember way back it used to be Kev's garage that seemed to be up for sale, on a fairly regular basis. I do hope if Steve does buy it, that Elizabeth ( as Jim used to call he, so he did ) :D won't reappear in her obligatory ridiculous looking outfits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

LynnGrace wrote: »
    True! Remember way back it used to be Kev's garage that seemed to be up for sale, on a fairly regular basis. I do hope if Steve does buy it, that Elizabeth ( as Jim used to call he, so he did ) :D won't reappear in her obligatory ridiculous looking outfits.
    maybe I am dreaming but I think I read here that Elizibeth is coming back to run the pub :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

EB_2013 wrote: »

I think it was Gloria who invested not Owen in the end.

jjf1974 wrote: »
    maybe I am dreaming but I think I read here that Elizibeth is coming back to run the pub :)
    You did surely. Elizabeth and her short skirts are on their way back, so they are. There'll be Fireworks for sure, between the fair Elizabeth and the dark destroyer, Michelle, so there will. Ach, Stephen, would you ever catch yourself on. He might bring Andrew back, so he might. Shur wouldn't it be great if they could all live as one big happy family, so it would.

You did surely. Elizabeth and her short skirts are on their way back, so they are. There'll be Fireworks for sure, between the fair Elizabeth and the dark destroyer, Michelle, so there will. Ach, Stephen, would you ever catch yourself on. He might bring Andrew back, so he might. Shur wouldn't it be great if they could all live as one big happy family, so it would.

:D Faith and begorrah and sure doesn't Michelle have Irish roots, I remember her mentioning a grandmother. Why do they keep resurrecting Liz! I can already envisage her arriving with a tiny suitcase which contains all of her clothes!
    Thinking back, there have been some great characters as landlords and landladies of the Rovers, over the years. Bet Lynch, Alec Gilroy, Jack and Vera, Shelley, Natalie, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

:D Why do they keep resurrecting Liz! I can already envisage her arriving with a tiny suitcase which contains all of her clothes!
    etc.

Her suitcase is tiny cos her clothes are teeny tiny :)

Lisha wrote: »
    Her suitcase is tiny cos her clothes are teeny tiny :)

I know! :D Must be handy when she is flying back fom Spain or wherever she is now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

Speaking of hemlines, Carla's mini dress certainly caught my eye last eve! ;)

273680.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I'd say it was painted on.....:P Luvvly jubbly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

That dress Carla was wearing so did not suit her character. She is usually way more classy than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

:D Faith and begorrah and sure doesn't Michelle have Irish roots, I remember her mentioning a grandmother.
    Her mam and dad are Irish and anytime she has a break from the soap they write it in as her visiting her folks in Ireland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement