Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

efb wrote: »
    Hom-er Simp-son. Homer

Dav...id. Platt David! Davidplatt
    Say it Nick! Say I never hurt you!...before

Who_Shot_Mr._Burns_(Promo_Picture)_5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

no doubt about the acting abilites probably the two best on the show, its just so boring, hayley has a fear of puppets and roy is going to bring her to a puppet show, riveting stuff cant wait to tune in tomorrow to see what these two get up to! :eek:

Didn't know about the puppets thing. You do know about her cancer?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    I don't really get why Nick is so scared of David. I know they were fighting when they had the crash but does he believe David was trying to kill him in the car?

Of course he's terrified of David! The last thing he probably remembers is finding out that David knows about him and Kylie - that would be enough to terrify anyone who has followed the life and times of David the sociopath. I'm amazed that David didn't kill Nick while he was still in a coma. You could see him thinking about it a few times. The only reason it hasn't happened is because it would be too similar to Sunita's murder. Nick is right to be scared - even if he put his hand on his heart and swore he wasn't going to say anything he will need to watch his back for the rest of his life while David is alive and protecting the things that he wants at any particular time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

That was ridiculous... David just outright stating don't pay any attention to what Nick is saying about the accident because it's not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Does Leanne never shut up??

• Advertisement

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Does Leanne never shut up??

The coma had nothing to do with it, Nick just hasn't been able to get a word in edgeways for weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 86,250 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yippee Ryan is gone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

I presume Steve is on the phone to Liz there as regards getting some dosh together to buy the pub........unless it's Bet Lynch or Alec Gilroy for a laugh.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

YAAAAYYYY!!!! :)

OH CHRIST! Katy's talentless twat of a mate is back again. :(:(:mad:

BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

And for all I know their conversations tonight could have been conducted in Norwegian.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    I don't really get why Nick is so scared of David. I know they were fighting when they had the crash but does he believe David was trying to kill him in the car? Looked a bit dodgy last night when David was grabbing the pillow.

I agree Curlysue..I thought Nick's reaction was silly. Like the writers think we've forgotten the crash. They made David look really sinister looming over him, it's like a total change of storyline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Isn't Nick supposed to be a bit different when he comes round? I'd say Leanne's incessant, cheerful, empty headed chattering has been slowly driving him insane, you can see the desperation in his eyes:(

Your man Phelan looks like Locke from Lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Ann22 wrote: »

was his name Patrick joseph phelan ? i guess he is meant to be an Irish builder.with a big house and no money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Ann22 wrote: »
    Isn't Nick supposed to be a bit different when he comes round? I'd say Leanne's incessant, cheerful, empty headed chattering has been slowly driving him insane, you can see the desperation in his eyes:(

Oh Leanne was a headache last night. On and on and on with absolutely nothing to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

For head transplant #3?

Speaking of head transplants, why didn't they just do that when your man playing Tommy got the sack, instead of just putting the character on a bus very suddenly? I can understand it for Ken Barlow and Kevin Webster, because their exit wasn't final at the time and the actors are too engrained in the characters to be changed at the drop of a hat.

I happen to recall a story arc in progress years ago in Home and Away is which one of the important actors involved had to take medical leave at short notice so the actor was replaced for a few weeks. Then of there's Seamus Whatshisname in Fair City who literally woke up one morning a foot taller and about fifteen years older.

Has it ever happened in Corrie, that someone got their head transplant without a few years absence first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Jikashi wrote: »
    Speaking of head transplants, why didn't they just do that when your man playing Tommy got the sack, instead of just putting the character on a bus very suddenly? I can understand it for Ken Barlow and Kevin Webster, because their exit wasn't final at the time and the actors are too engrained in the characters to be changed at the drop of a hat.

I happen to recall a story arc in progress years ago in Home and Away is which one of the important actors involved had to take medical leave at short notice so the actor was replaced for a few weeks. Then of there's Seamus Whatshisname in Fair City who literally woke up one morning a foot taller and about fifteen years older.

Has it ever happened in Corrie, that someone got their head transplant without a few years absence first?

The ones that immediately spring to mind are Tracy got a head transplant in London and Nick got a head transplant in Canada.

Edit :they did have a few years absense though.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    For head transplant #3?

Hopefully a actor who don't look the same age as Michelle "his mother"

Former Emmerdale star Hayley Tamaddon is joining the cast of Coronation Street.
    The actress has landed the role of new character Andrea, who will be introduced in a storyline with established regular Steve McDonald (Simon Gregson).
    An upcoming plot will see Steve decide to go back to school, wanting to improve his education as he has been struggling to help his daughter Amy with her homework.
    Andrea will be one of Steve's classmates in his lessons and they quickly strike up a friendship, but this doesn't go down well with Steve's suspicious partner Michelle Connor (Kym Lomas).
    A show statement teased: "Is Michelle right to be wary, or has Andrea actually set her sights on another well-known Weatherfielder?"
    Coronation Street's producer Stuart Blackburn told itv.com: "I'm absolutely delighted to welcome Hayley to the show. She's a great actress who I know is going to bring plenty of drama to the famous cobbles of Weatherfield."
    Tamaddon played the role of Delilah Dingle on Emmerdale between 2005 and 2007.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Former Emmerdale star Hayley Tamaddon is joining the cast of Coronation Street.
    The actress has landed the role of new character Andrea, who will be introduced in a storyline with established regular Steve McDonald (Simon Gregson).
    An upcoming plot will see Steve decide to go back to school, wanting to improve his education as he has been struggling to help his daughter Amy with her homework.
    Andrea will be one of Steve's classmates in his lessons and they quickly strike up a friendship, but this doesn't go down well with Steve's suspicious partner Michelle Connor (Kym Lomas).
    A show statement teased: "Is Michelle right to be wary, or has Andrea actually set her sights on another well-known Weatherfielder?"
    Coronation Street's producer Stuart Blackburn told itv.com: "I'm absolutely delighted to welcome Hayley to the show. She's a great actress who I know is going to bring plenty of drama to the famous cobbles of Weatherfield."
    Tamaddon played the role of Delilah Dingle on Emmerdale between 2005 and 2007.

Oh good, i liked Hayley in Emmerdale. Good addition to Corrie.

Michelle's father is a bit stage oirish.
    Owen breaks into a house in the middle of the day ,parks a truck outside with his name on it. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

"he's not answering, must be hiding from us"...... "let's break in!" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

jjf1974 wrote: »
    Michelle's father is a bit stage oirish.
    Owen breaks into a house in the middle of the day ,parks a truck outside with his name on it. :eek:

Yep...why the OTT Oirish accent from an Irish actor?

Remember him as the young priest in Strumpet City. Brilliant performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Makin him sound like a leprechaun, ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I wouldn't blame Steve if he strays. Michelle really hurt him the other night with her comment about he doesn't have an intelligent thought in his head or whatever it was along with the last person I'd go to for advice is Steve. Fecks sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Makin him sound like a leprechaun, ridiculous.

Yerra, faith sure and begorrah isn't he only having a bit of an auld visit to see the family. All he's short of doing is taking a shillelagh and a clay pipe out of the bag! :o

ollaetta wrote: »
    Yerra, faith sure and begorrah isn't he only having a bit of an auld visit to see the family. All he's short of doing is taking a shillelagh and a clay pipe out of the bag! :o
    Sure being Irish he had to go to the pub and come home half plastered :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Why must the English soaps always make the Irish sound so ridiculous??? :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Jeez I hope this oirish fella, whether he is actually oirish or not is not going to be in it for too long.Such bloody stereotypical of the way we are depicted oirish begob and begorrah rubbish........:rolleyes::mad:

Someone please, please give Nick a shave. Hes now reminding me of James Gandolfini in Surviving Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

How has tommy been written out i must have missed that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement