Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Michelle is a serious nag...she's continually belittling him, folding her arms and rolling her eyes to heaven. It's like Steve can't do enough to please her. That's exactly the way she went on when he was led astray by Becky:(.

I agree that her dad's oirish brogue sounds very exaggerated......maybe it's just in comparison to the other accents around him. How in the name of fcuk does Michelle have such a strong British accent if her parents are Irish and still living in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

They should have just put a green waistcoat on Michelles dad and be done with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

I wouldn't blame Steve if he strays. Michelle really hurt him the other night with her comment about he doesn't have an intelligent thought in his head or whatever it was along with the last person I'd go to for advice is Steve. Fecks sake.

yeah, Steve strikes me as a really intelligent and philosophical type, unlike Michelle. It's the other way around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

ollaetta wrote: »
    Yerra, faith sure and begorrah isn't he only having a bit of an auld visit to see the family. All he's short of doing is taking a shillelagh and a clay pipe out of the bag! :o

It will probably happen in the next episode. :D

Isn't Liz coming back? Doesn't she have a thing for the Irish blarney? She'll keep it in the family, so she will. Love Steves fish impressions, so I do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

I wouldn't blame Steve if he strays. Michelle really hurt him the other night with her comment about he doesn't have an intelligent thought in his head or whatever it was along with the last person I'd go to for advice is Steve. Fecks sake.

I just hope they keep Steve and Michelle together, I think they work well and I'd like to see some stability in at least one relationship in Corrie.

Loved the first scene last night when he's just in the shorts and bathrobe, not many actors would be happy to flaunt a paunch the size of his.
    Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Why must the English soaps always make the Irish sound so ridiculous??? :-(

Yeah, surprisingly few Irish ever appeared in Corrie considering the huge Irish population it has. Off the top of my head I can only remember Keith Duffy and a babysitter of the Platt's who was besotted with Martin Platt, she was a ridiculous Irish parody as well. Might have been one of the Cusacks who played her as well.

Red Kev wrote: »
    I just hope they keep Steve and Michelle together, I think they work well and I'd like to see some stability in at least one relationship in Corrie.

Loved the first scene last night when he's just in the shorts and bathrobe, not many actors would be happy to flaunt a paunch the size of his.

Yeah, surprisingly few Irish ever appeared in Corrie considering the huge Irish population it has. Off the top of my head I can only remember Keith Duffy and a babysitter of the Platt's who was besotted with Martin Platt, she was a ridiculous Irish parody as well. Might have been one of the Cusacks who played her as well.
    Going back a good few years, but didn't Joe Lynch - Dinny from Glenroe - play Elsie Tanners boyfriend at one time?

Going back a good few years, but didn't Joe Lynch - Dinny from Glenroe - play Elsie Tanners boyfriend at one time?

:eek::eek:I would love to see a clip of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

There ya go Cofy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

jjf1974 wrote: »
    Sure being Irish he had to go to the pub and come home half plastered :)

sure he has to keep up the stereotype- isint that all we irish do- drink whiskey and start fights:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Jos28 thanks a million, that was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,250 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Isn't Liz coming back? Doesn't she have a thing for the Irish blarney? She'll keep it in the family, so she will. Love Steves fish impressions, so I do.

Liz's new man revealed

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Shur, he's not a good Irish drinker at all at all, so he's not. Jam will have something to say about this, so he will. I pity poor Stephen, so I do. His poor father in jail and his mother and girlfriend running the pub together! And the bould Elizabeth making eyes at a young fella still wet behind the ears? Sparks will fly. Would Elizabeth ever catch herself on and pair up with Dev?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

jos28 wrote: »
    There ya go Cofy

God, that brings back some memories, they had some fabulous charachters in it back then...Stan, Hilda & Eddie, Len & Rita, Bet and Betty, even Albert Tatlock was a bit of a charachter. And the icing on the cake......Elsie Tanner, one of my most favourite people to ever walk the cobbles.

Cheers for that Jos. :)
    cofy wrote: »
    Jos28 thanks a million, that was brilliant.

+100 to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 KatieD508

I havent really watched properly for weeks, but I just picked up on something Kylie said a while back.. Do they know if the baby is David or Nicks for definite?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

In fairness, some older Irish males do speak like that with the whole by gor and everything. My dad for instance. It's sadly true though that it's becoming a bit of a relic with everyone becoming globalized and almost ashamed of the old ways their people used to speak...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

KatieD508 wrote: »
    I havent really watched properly for weeks, but I just picked up on something Kylie said a while back.. Do they know if the baby is David or Nicks for definite?

Not yet. I expect it will be sorted soon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

In fairness, some older Irish males do speak like that with the whole by gor and everything. My dad for instance. It's sadly true though that it's becoming a bit of a relic with everyone becoming globalized and almost ashamed of the old ways their people used to speak...

Not round this way, thanks be to God! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Id crack up too if I were Nick and Leanne, Gail and Audrey were nattering around my bed too :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

that oirish fella is getting on my nerves.....go home ta hell for feck sake will ya :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

What has Tina done to her lips? Very swollen and odd looking.

Curlysue76 wrote: »

I thought her lips looked fuller than usual actually, maybe it's a paler lipstick creating an optical illusion.

I'd love to possess David's body...(in a spiritual way) for 5 mins so I could scream in Nick's wizendy face:mad:..'you stupid fcuker! It was all your fcukin' fault in the first fcukn place jumpin' into my woman's pants:mad::mad::mad: and it was your stupid fcukface self's fault we fcukn crashed for not stopping the fcukn van in the first fcukn place!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Ann22 wrote: »
    I thought her lips looked fuller than usual actually, maybe it's a paler lipstick creating an optical illusion.

I'd love to possess David's body...(in a spiritual way) for 5 mins so I could scream in Nick's wizendy face:mad:..'you stupid fcuker! It was all your fcukin' fault in the first fcukn place jumpin' into my woman's pants:mad::mad::mad: and it was your stupid fcukface self's fault we fcukn crashed for not stopping the fcukn van in the first fcukn place!:mad:

Dear oh dear, alot of anger there Ann :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

Ann22 wrote: »

Don't hold back Ann, let it all out. Attagirl!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jenny wren 1950

yes i thought that too :confused:

Since a few of us have noticed it, surely there is something amiss. Wonder why such a beautiful girl is rooting with a face that surely can't be viewed as anything other than perfect? Next thing her more than generous boobs will be humongous and she'll be all Jordonified...shame:(.

I wish Eileen wouldn't keep harping on about how Paul broke her heart, I'm tired listening to her moaning. The reason she gave for dumping him was feeble. All the occations that passed when she had good and justified reason to finish it and she didn't, then when they were on the road to marriage and all their probs had been sorted, she invented a silly reason 'he put his work before her'........ since when? Silly woman. She's such a misery guts, she makes attempts to be hugely witty, sitting there rolling her eyes and making unfunny smartáss comments...she never has a kind word to say to Julie either.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Paddy Fields

That geezer that plays Nick Tilsley (Ben Price) has got to be one of the worst actors on TV. He was crap in Casualty and he is as wooden again in Corrie. Maybe if he is the daddy, dopey David will threaten to kill him so he goes on the run and hopefully keeps on running.

*P.S. I am forced to watch soaps at gunpoint.*

jimmyw wrote: »
    Dear oh dear, alot of anger there Ann :D

It's annoying me that David hasn't even mentioned to him about what happens if Leanne finds out, he should call his bluff and say right then lets call Leanne in and tell her the whole sorry saga.......and it's annoying me that all of a sudden Nick wants to know who the daddy is when all along he just wanted the whole thing brushed under the carpet.

Yeah..yeah I know, his brain's been smushed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Botox. Now she looks like a fish.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement