Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I thought at one stage Roy and Hayley were on the rollercoaster but it turned out they were upstairs on the tram :D good episode tonight :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

why the **** is this all david fault??????:mad::mad::mad::confused::confused::confused::mad:

i understand he caused nick to be in hospital but he grabbed the wheel to stop the car he did grab it on purose to de-road the car???

how in the name of **** is everyone oging on at david?? he had every right to act out and to be pissed off!!! that baby could have been nicks ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Gail was very two faced, she tells David to get lost, but Nick (who shagged her son's wife) can come back to the house and have tea & biscuits, even though he has his own gaff around the corner.

She should have told both of them to get lost for a few days. Saying that she wished she had aborted David was very low, no matter what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Not a dry eye in this house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Liz and Owen did 'THE' business!!!

Now there's a mental image you wouldn't want to dwell on. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Red Kev wrote: »
    even though he has his own gaff around the corner.

She should have told both of them to get lost for a few days. Saying that she wished she had aborted David was very low, no matter what.

Nick couldn't go back to the flat as Leanne blanked him and he probably wouldn't get in the flat with Stella,Eva and the mother there.
    Gail saying she wished she had got rid of him which wasn't too nice but he did try to get rid of her once by pushing her down the stairs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

And fresh from running a knocking shop in Shameless, Lillian moves onto fortune telling in Blackpool. It seems fitting, somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Red Kev wrote: »
    Gail was very two faced, she tells David to get lost, but Nick (who shagged her son's wife) can come back to the house and have tea & biscuits.
    Herself and Nick had a lot to talk about, they have a lot in common. They could both discuss how David tried to kill them over their tea and biscuits. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭deedeemac12

Kylie's christening dress was more like an evening dress.

syklops wrote: »
    Not a dry eye in this house.

Whats worse is I was home alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Roy asking Hayley to pass the marmalade or whatever it was....I mean he could have reached across himself to get it.It was only a small table for feck sake....!!

jimmyw wrote: »
    Roy asking Hayley to pass the marmalade or whatever it was....I mean he could have reached across himself to get it.It was only a small table for feck sake....!!

Ah Table manners. They are a difficult concept.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

I was originally going to comment on there being no reference to his absence from the christening, then it dawned on me that it should be a more general comment: there has been no mention whatsoever of Martin Platt since Lilly was born. Obviously the actor probably wasn't up for returning, but you'd think there would be an offscreen meeting talked about or at least bring to attention the fact that the character is missing his first born son's new daughter. Unless I'm mistaken he's only in the next county.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

True re Martin, I had nearly forgotten he ever existed. I also was amused at the gathering in the church. Probably one of the few missing was that awful father of Michelle's ( probably busy 'wetting the baby's head'...in keeping with stereotype), yet when there was a party for Roy a few weeks back, hardly any of the regulars made it to the pub!
    I thought the church scene was very funny. Has there ever been a wedding, funeral or christening that hasn't ended in some huge revelation, and someone running from the church :D. The joys of soap land :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Jikashi wrote: »
    I was originally going to comment on there being no reference to his absence from the christening, then it dawned on me that it should be a more general comment: there has been no mention whatsoever of Martin Platt since Lilly was born. Obviously the actor probably wasn't up for returning, but you'd think there would be an offscreen meeting talked about or at least bring to attention the fact that the character is missing his first born son's new daughter. Unless I'm mistaken he's only in the next county.

Martin is too busy making cheese
    http://www.saddleworthcheese.co.uk/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 86,251 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I feel sorry for David, he should get with Tina and get custody of the kids from Kylie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

I always thought it strange that Martin was never mentioned after he left. I think he was only supposed to be in Liverpool, hardly a million miles away. When David was running amok, pushing his mum down the stairs, dealing in drugs which nearly killed Sarah's daughter and driving his car into the canal on Sarah and Jason's wedding day, to name but a few of his antics, there was no talk of trying to get Martin involved to see if he could help out or if David could stay with him for a while or some other solution. So its hardly a surprise that there's no mention of him when his grandchild is born any more than there was when his adopted son Nick was recently at death's door.

And yes I know that the actor wasn't going to come back but surely they could have had some realistic reference to why Martin wasn't there.

Considering she was married to Jim for a good while, so she was, our Elizabeths been a busy lady over the years. I seem to remember that Des Barnes was one of her earlier fancies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Tina
    to be killed in Xmas/New Year "whodunnit"

Temaz wrote: »
    Tina
    to be killed in Xmas/New Year "whodunnit"

Corrie would be stupid to kill her off imo as the character is very popular and may want her back in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

good episode with the platts last night, the cheek of kylie! shes the one who slept with nick! david grabbed the steering to try get him to pull over why are they saying he tried to kill nick. :confused:

roy and hayley zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....boring.

• Advertisement

! david grabbed the steering to try get him to pull over why are they saying he tried to kill nick. :confused:

I thought he was trying to kill him?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I thought he was trying to kill him?

He would just as likely have killed himself. All he did was grab the wheel to try to get Nick to pull over, he thought he was doing something relatively safe. Even then, if Nick had been vigilant enough himself he had enough time to quickly start up again and get back on the road.

It's ridiculous Kylie etc. are getting so upset with David over some bad driving behaviour and minor sabotage at the restaurant which any competing restaurant could easily do..... while she slept with his brother and would have went through her whole life trying to pass the child off as his own. Gail is even worse, Gail is the one that encouraged her and persuaded her to do it. To think she has the cheek to get mad at David like that, what a cow. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

He would just as likely have killed himself. All he did was grab the wheel to try to get Nick to pull over, he thought he was doing something relatively safe. Even then, if Nick had been vigilant enough himself he had enough time to quickly start up again and get back on the road.

It's ridiculous Kylie etc. are getting so upset with David over some bad driving behaviour and minor sabotage at the restaurant which any competing restaurant could easily do..... while she slept with his brother and would have went through her whole life trying to pass the child off as his own. Gail is even worse, Gail is the one that encouraged her and persuaded her to do it. To think she has the cheek to get mad at David like that, what a cow. :eek:

I always quiet liked Kylie and had even forgiven her stupid mistake at Christmas as she really seemed to be tormented about it. But that changed last night, I thought she was way out of line. After their little chat outside the church I could see her and Nick get together,

Oh right, I thought he had tried to kill him. I wasn't watching Corrie much at the time of all that carry-on. The whole Platt saga is tiresome now, hopefully another story will start soon.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm annoyed too by this whole storyline- Kylie is such a bitch, she has an affair and suddenly is miss high and mighty now!?
    None of this would have happened if she hadn't slept around! And like SuperInfinity said, she was prepared to spend the rest of her life potentially passing off another man's child as David's, but that apparently is no big crime??

Posy wrote: »
    I'm annoyed too by this whole storyline- Kylie is such a bitch, she has an affair and suddenly is miss high and mighty now!?
    None of this would have happened if she hadn't slept around! And like SuperInfinity said, she was prepared to spend the rest of her life potentially passing off another man's child as David's, but that apparently is no big crime??

Kylie is acting like she cares more for Nick than David :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Jikashi wrote: »

i didn't even think of that :eek:
    Radio5 wrote: »
    And yes I know that the actor wasn't going to come back but surely they could have had some realistic reference to why Martin wasn't there.

or and i know it is not a popular option, but possibly re cast? what do the corrie writers have against re-casting? obviously its not the best option but considering he has been off screen so long surely a recast would work (again providing they don't change age, or add any specific visual/personality differences) especially if Sarah Lou does come back, and with david having the baby, and all thats going on, Martin should really have been around.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I'm so glad so many are of the same opinion as me...I'm completely insensed about the unfairness of this David thing:mad:. It's as if the scriptwriters are trying to alter our memories of what happened on the night of the crash. Not for a min would I believe David was trying to kill Nick...and Nick's scared reaction when he woke up was stupid:mad:..

Now that horrible little stupid twerp of a Gail one is proving that David's been right all along over her preference for Nick..she's an a*shole of the highest order...Has she forgotten all her comments to Kylie about how unfair it all was on 'poor David' keeping this huge secret?? And why didn't Kylie tell her about the dna results anyway, I'd have thought she would've been falling over herself to tell her:confused:.(I think half the old biddies in Britain and Ireland won't be able to keep up with this storyline anyway about who knows what, I'd serious problems trying to explain it to my hubbie last night).:confused:

Nick's getting off scot free and his martyr like way of going on.. hobbling around on his stick grimacing and saying stuff like 'ah it's not your fault, I'll be ok' is beginning to p!ss me off:mad:....and Leanne can fcuk off as well as she was running about the streets after Peeeter on the night in question..I've no sympathy for her. Back to the other two...'it was an accident'...an accident??? Wft?? Did he fall across her on the bed reaching for the remote on the locker and accidentally drop his mickey into her pants??:mad:

I expected more from Audrey, I did think she would stand up for David after her going on about how good Kylie is for him and that he loves her so much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Ann22 wrote: »
    I'm so glad so many are of the same opinion as me...I'm completely insensed about the unfairness of this David thing:mad:. It's as if the scriptwriters are trying to alter our memories of what happened on the night of the crash. Not for a min would I believe David was trying to kill Nick...and Nick's scared reaction when he woke up was stupid:mad:..

Now that horrible little stupid twerp of a Gail one is proving that David's been right all along over her preference for Nick..she's an a*shole of the highest order...Has she forgotten all her comments to Kylie about how unfair it all was on 'poor David' keeping this huge secret?? And why didn't Kylie tell her about the dna results anyway, I'd have thought she would've been falling over herself to tell her:confused:.(I think half the old biddies in Britain and Ireland won't be able to keep up with this storyline anyway about who knows what, I'd serious problems trying to explain it to my hubbie last night).:confused:

Nick's getting off scot free and his martyr like way of going on.. hobbling around on his stick grimacing and saying stuff like 'ah it's not your fault, I'll be ok' is beginning to p!ss me off:mad:....and Leanne can fcuk off as well as she was running about the streets after Peeeter on the night in question..I've no sympathy for her. Back to the other two...'it was an accident'...an accident??? Wft?? Did he fall across her on the bed reaching for the remote on the locker and accidentally drop his mickey into her pants??:mad:

Oh my god i just laughed my head of at your last sentence. I totally agree with everything you said. Gail,Kylie Nick and Leanne are sooooooo annoying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement