Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Most promising new arrival on the street in ages.........................the little dog in the taxi. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

ollaetta wrote: »
    Most promising new arrival on the street in ages.........................the little dog in the taxi. :rolleyes:

That dog is seriously cute though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Writers only consitency on this show is they have a consistent habit of altering personalities entirely. From Todd to Anna to Maria to David. However changing a black taxi into a white one in a few minutes is a complete new departure, if you will excuse the pun.

Also, nice to see the Council Staff don't get the day off on a PUBLIC bank holiday.......................

WTF is going on with UTV Ireland announcers? Announcing that Maria gets gobsmacked at Jennys behaviour. This happened weeks ago!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,280 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ah jc Callum gets worse, fake gun sign with his fingers to Nick and then channelling Liam Neeson from Taken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

He will find him and he will kill him. Good luck��

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Callum isn't a bit frightening as a character so why did Sarah look frightened when he was shouting in the house about passports, she the very one who tells him to go upstairs to hide from David and why is he hiding from David when he's the intimidating one? Also loved Nicks expression when Sarah blabbed to Callum about David taking the kids and Bethany seeing them it was like great move Sarah where is your family loyalty

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

Callum's jacket was very Michael Jackson thriller style.
    Why is Nick all of a sudden intimidated by Callum? The way (Callum) he grabbed Sarah by the back of the neck,I thought Nick was gonna step up and smack him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

bodhi085 wrote: »
    Callum's jacket was very Michael Jackson thriller style.
    Why is Nick all of a sudden intimidated by Callum? The way (Callum) he grabbed Sarah by the back of the neck,I thought Nick was gonna step up and smack him.

I don't think Nick is intimidated by him one bit. Nick just knows its smart to not get physical with Calum.

syklops wrote: »
    I don't think Nick is intimidated by him one bit. Nick just knows its smart to not get physical with Calum.

He got physical with Kim Tate and look how that ended!

i have a feeling she will die in childbirth and he will keep the child and whilst out with the pram in 6 months time he will continue randomly bumping into Carla every few minutes as has been the theme this last three weeks....

• Advertisement

He got physical with Kim Tate and look how that ended!

i have a feeling she will die in childbirth and he will keep the child and whilst out with the pram in 6 months time he will continue randomly bumping into Carla every few minutes as has been the theme this last three weeks....

Or Leanne, she cant have kids herself and would love a new little Si :p she seemed jealous hearing Nick and Erika's baby news plus Kal will be a goner soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Writers only consitency on this show is they have a consistent habit of altering personalities entirely. From Todd to Anna to Maria to David. However changing a black taxi into a white one in a few minutes is a complete new departure, if you will excuse the pun.

Also, nice to see the Council Staff don't get the day off on a PUBLIC bank holiday.......................
    I thought I'd imagined the different taxi colour!

I assumed David got black taxi (btw why not one of Steve's cabs?) to nearest train or bus station and once at his destination got white taxi to the hotel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Corrie has been poor for so long, some of us have gotten into the habit of slagging it off needlessly.
    However changing a black taxi into a white one in a few minutes is a complete new departure, if you will excuse the pun.

I think the change in colour was to demonstrate that it was the second taxi they had gotten, and wasn't the original one. The taxi they got to the hotel said "Liver Taxis" on it, suggesting they had gotten the bus or train to Liverpool and the white taxi from the bus/train station to the hotel.

You must have missed Mary say "Surely this isnt important enough to call out a council worker on a bank holiday", to which the council worker simply looked at her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Another departure...'Coronation Street star Craig Charles is saying goodbye to the cobbles to concentrate on filming new episodes of Red Dwarf, Digital Spy can confirm.
    The actor will bow out on screen as Weatherfield cabbie Lloyd Mullaney in September after ten years playing the character.'

Lloyd has tended to have basically the same storyline repeated several times over, but he was good for his palship wi Steve and Eileen and generally a nice character. I blame Blackburn for him and Carla choosing to leave!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I am wondering if those who have a chance to make a living elsewhere, are getting out, as they see the sinking ship that Corrie has become.
    The long term / lifers will stay around, I presume.

Relying on the likes of Sarah/ Bethany / Callum / Chesney/ Sinead and co to carry any kind of storyline does not bode well for the Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Right now would be an excellent time for Gandy to tell them that he isn't the real son. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Can't stand Todd and his 2-facedness!

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Can't stand Todd and his 2-facedness!

What they have done to his character is completely ridiculous. How can you justify completely changing a character and then making him a complete sociopath with no aim in life but to cause trouble for others with no reward for him and no reason to target the people he does. No interest in friends, a career, a hobby, a boyfriend etc.

This idiot of a producer wouldn't get a job in a panto if they reviewed his time here. ITV bosses are the ones to blame though as they are the ones paying his wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

So Callum grabbed Sarah by the back of the neck yet again.. No one batted an eye lid. He done it Monday's episode too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,190 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Time for Nick to have another one of his head injury 'turns' and flip out on Callum with a frying pan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

bodhi085 wrote: »
    So Callum grabbed Sarah by the back of the neck yet again.. No one batted an eye lid. He done it Monday's episode too.

He also threatened them. Good reason to call the cops , but not in Corrie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Red Kev wrote: »
    He also threatened them. Good reason to call the cops , but not in Corrie.

It wouldn't look good in his court case to get custody of Max either.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I am wondering if those who have a chance to make a living elsewhere, are getting out, as they see the sinking ship that Corrie has become.
    The long term / lifers will stay around, I presume.

Relying on the likes of Sarah/ Bethany / Callum / Chesney/ Sinead and co to carry any kind of storyline does not bode well for the Street.

Even young people are not interested in these empty characters. It's sad how bad it has become.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭LiamNeeson

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ah jc Callum gets worse, fake gun sign with his fingers to Nick and then channelling Liam Neeson from Taken

awk hello what about ye?

https://youtu.be/yBTfS1h9j8Y?t=1m21s

How can Callum just come and go so easy from David's house, has he his own key?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭LiamNeeson

Young Bethany is quare easy on the eye, she is a joy to watch, I am 3 years older than the actor so it ok to comment on her looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

LiamNeeson wrote: »
    Young Bethany is quare easy on the eye, she is a joy to watch, I am 3 years older than the actor so it ok to comment on her looks.

Steady on. On looks maybe but on acting, likeability of character, dodgy accent and ultra-weird relationship with her mother/quasi-sibling......eh, no!

Even Bethany would be better with Callum than Sarah Lou, they have zero chemistry

Erika
    miscarries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Even Bethany would be better with Callum than Sarah Lou, they have zero chemistry

Erika
    miscarries

I had a feeling that might happen, that or the baby would be handicapped in some way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement