Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

ratmouse wrote: »
    I know she wasn't but now she seems exceptionally thick.

The result of poor writing methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

syklops wrote: »
    The result of poor writing methinks.

More than likely. I cannot stand her now and I never felt that way about her previously. She is like a proper skank the way she parents her daughter. Even her stupid outfits (a jumpsuit that was swimming on her the other night and made her look stumpy) irritate me!

More than likely. I cannot stand her now and I never felt that way about her previously. She is like a proper skank the way she parents her daughter. Even her stupid outfits (a jumpsuit that was swimming on her the other night and made her look stumpy) irritate me!

Was that the green one? Looked horrible, like something someone twice her age would wear and wasn't flattering to her tummy at all.

Was that the green one? Looked horrible, like something someone twice her age would wear and wasn't flattering to her tummy at all.

That's it exactly! That horrid green one that was all bunched around her ankles as it seemed about 2 feet too long for her!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

It looked like something granny Audrey would wear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Bit harsh there on clothes choice comments. Tina O brien just had a baby so she is obviously more comfortable in looser clothes at present

Bit harsh there on clothes choice comments. Tina O brien just had a baby so she is obviously more comfortable in looser clothes at present

Was talking about the overall irritation of the character, not the actress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭ByfocalPhoto

I wonder if the baby she appears in the advert with is her own ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

She didn't "just" have a baby,he's like 7 months old now!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,280 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mary should work in the pub instead of Sarah Lou, Liz should hire her now and move her in to live there as well :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Ya I think Mary is great in customer service roles like retail and hospitality, I love the way she is so passionate about things and I think you would have great conversation with her.

MelanieC wrote: »
    She didn't "just" have a baby,he's like 7 months old now!

And Coronation street isn't live....................................................... I amn't even a woman but I recognise why she would be wearing looser clothes at the moment.

And Coronation street isn't live....................................................... I amn't even a woman but I recognise why she would be wearing looser clothes at the moment.

Again, I was talking about the character and how she is annoying. And having a baby has nothing to do with a jumpsuit being a couple of feet too long at the bottom of her legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Does anyone remember when Mary used work in Nicks Bistro, she was really good there.

fin12 wrote: »
    Does anyone remember when Mary used work in Nicks Bistro, she was really good there.

Yes, actually! She's a great character.

Again, I was talking about the character and how she is annoying. And having a baby has nothing to do with a jumpsuit being a couple of feet too long at the bottom of her legs.

I agree with you, the character is annoying which fits in well with 90% of CS charcters so nothing new there but you mentioned a jumpsuit that was swimming on her the other night and made her look stumpy and I was just higlighting why she was wearing loose clothing at the mo. You didn't mention the length and I tend now to blank off when her and camp callum come on screen so i didnt notice they were too LONG.

Anyway lets leave it at that!

My apologies, in a subsequent post you mentioned length. I was responding to your first post. No harm done

I agree with you, the character is annoying which fits in well with 90% of CS charcters so nothing new there but you mentioned a jumpsuit that was swimming on her the other night and made her look stumpy and I was just higlighting why she was wearing loose clothing at the mo. You didn't mention the length and I tend now to blank off when her and camp callum come on screen so i didnt notice they were too LONG.

Anyway lets leave it at that!

My apologies, in a subsequent post you mentioned length. I was responding to your first post. No harm done

No worries.

Tristan Gemmill is joining as Robert Preston, the ex-husband of Tracy Barlow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Nah,that's not true. Tina O'Brien has a fantastic figure and has worn skimpier outfits since her return to the show. It's just down to the wardrobe department who must be in competition with the writing department for "most ridiculous" awards. Some of the stuff they put her in is just plain unflattering,given her petite frame. She herself looks fab for a woman of 31 with 2 kids.

MelanieC wrote: »
    Nah,that's not true. Tina O'Brien has a fantastic figure and has worn skimpier outfits since her return to the show. It's just down to the wardrobe department who must be in competition with the writing department for "most ridiculous" awards. Some of the stuff they put her in is just plain unflattering,given her petite frame. She herself looks fab for a woman of 31 with 2 kids.

Tina for sure don't look 31

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Sarah (justifying aiding the destroyer of her brother's family): Well in fairness Callum IS his real dad (implying David has lesser status from the off)

What a silly attitude for someone raised by an adoptive father to have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

It's as if Sarah didn't mature in the slightest since she was Bethany's (supposed) age.

I hope that when the time comes for Deirdre's funeral, that they treat Anne Kirkbride's sad death respectfully, as deserved by such a stalwart cast member.
    I don't have much faith in the current producer, and scriptwriters, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Considering how crap Corrie has been lately I am so surprised they won the BAFTA for best soap!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

kitten_k wrote: »
    Considering how crap Corrie has been lately I am so surprised they won the BAFTA for best soap!

It's not a public vote at the BAFTAs - the people who choose the Best Soap probably aren't even regular watchers. They just get shown a few episodes of each soap and then pick one.

The Soap Awards next week will hopefully paint a different picture, because Coronation Street really shouldn't be winning best anything these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

She does seem more his type. Imagine he got her up the duff? Max would be the childs first cousin and step-brother.

She's 14 and he knows that. It would be a child rape story. Don't think Corrie writing and producing team could handle that.
    Kauto0709 wrote: »
    They seem to have forgotten about the whole Faye storyline!

Yep, just as she rejected the baby and a good insightful story is brewing they drop it for a few weeks.

Typical Corrie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Red Kev wrote: »
    She's 14 and he knows that. It would be a child rape story. Don't think Corrie writing and producing team could handle that.

Hope they don't even think of going down that route. Way too uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

I thought the vicar guy had quit being a vicar??

Watching part one now. This is easily, without a shadow of a doubt, the most boring episode of Corrie I have ever watched in my life. A tunnelling electron microscope could not locate my interest in the sacking of the county football manager who has been mentioned twice already.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

Watching part one now. This is easily, without a shadow of a doubt, the most boring episode of Corrie I have ever watched in my life. A tunnelling electron microscope could not locate my interest in the sacking of the county football manager who has been mentioned twice already.

So glad I broke the habit...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I like the vicar. I don't like Sean. But the vicar is only in it because he's in a relationship with Sean. Damn it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement