Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

syklops wrote: »
    Watching part one now. This is easily, without a shadow of a doubt, the most boring episode of Corrie I have ever watched in my life. A tunnelling electron microscope could not locate my interest in the sacking of the county football manager who has been mentioned twice already.

Or which bin they should have put out! For heaven's sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

happyday wrote: »

They're tackling real life issues though. Only last Tuesday I forgot what day it was. Fecking bins are full until pick up Tuesday week now.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,276 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It's not a public vote at the BAFTAs - the people who choose the Best Soap probably aren't even regular watchers. They just get shown a few episodes of each soap and then pick one.

The Soap Awards next week will hopefully paint a different picture, because Coronation Street really shouldn't be winning best anything these days.

Emmerdale should win best soap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Can't believe they RECYCLED that story through two episodes and there wasn't even a funny climax. WHEELY RUBBISH writing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Can't believe they RECYCLED that story through two episodes and there wasn't even a funny climax. WHEELY RUBBISH writing....

It could have 'bin' better.

How long was that baby crying before someone went to her assistance?

• Advertisement

I was expecting Kevin to find something in the bin about Jenny's past or about her flat hunting for herself and Jack

I like vicar Billy and also Eileen's new fella but feel they deserve better partners than Sean and Eileen

I see Anna is glad to come back to Roy after all the sh*t she gave him over her Gary :mad: Roy is way too nice

What was with the bins lol

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

who will mind Fayes baby if Anna goes back to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Emmerdale should win best soap

Agreed. You can still vote here by the way... http://www.britishsoapawards.tv/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

How many times was the name "Travis Group" mentioned tonight?!
    And what was WITH that pointless bin storyline?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I thought maybe I missed something because I was only half watching.
    As silly as the bin stuff was, it was good to get a rest from Callum and co dancing and prancing, and Gail telling Gandy for the millionth time that the shock will kill Michael :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Inconsequential as tehy were, I thought the saga with the bins and the jumble sale was a nice bit of levity and a welcome respite from scenes with Callum, Gail, Michael, Sarah and Bethany. Seeing the characters all interacting as neighbours amid whatever drama they're individually going through.

(really thought they were setting this comeback up at the start)
    Tracey (on the various coloured bins the neighbours have decided are due): Funny to see Emily going with black
    Tony: Well Trace you know what they say, once you go black...

How Corrie wont a bafta is beyond me Stuart Blackburn is the most deluded man I've ever seen

it shouldn't win any awards Emmerdale should win

Coronation Street bosses have confirmed that X Factor winner Shayne Ward is joining the soap's cast as a new regular.

The singer and actor will be playing the role of Aidan Connor, a distant cousin of established character Michelle (Kym Marsh).

Aidan grew up on the same estate as Michelle and Carla when they were younger. He arrives in Weatherfield in August after hearing that Carla is having some problems at Underworld.

Ward has signed a one-year contract with Coronation Street and show producers have big plans for his character, as they will also be introducing Aidan's father and sister in the coming months.

The arrival of Aidan has been tipped to "set female hearts fluttering" on the cobbles, but he doesn't get a warm welcome from everyone as he quickly makes an enemy of Tracy Barlow's ex-husband Robert Preston (Tristan Gemmill).

Speaking of his casting, Ward commented: "On hearing the news I had been offered the part on the show, I was in total disbelief. It still hasn't sunk in. Shayne Ward the lad from Manchester, given such a role on such an iconic show - it is an absolute dream come true. I'm excited to walk down those famous cobbles.

"My family and friends know just how much this means to me and I cannot wait to do them all proud. 2015 has been a great year for me so far and I look forward to joining the Coronation Street family."

Coronation Street's producer Stuart Blackburn added: "When Shayne came in and auditioned, we knew he was up against some very stiff competition. But he blew us away from the very get-go, delivering a charm and a swagger that is perfect for the character. I can't wait to see him in action!"

HIRE ACTORS , NOT PANTO CELEBS......................

Susie Blake is making an emotional return to Coronation Street for Deirdre Barlow's funeral episodes.

The actress will reprise her role as Bev Unwin as show producers give Anne Kirkbride's iconic character a fitting send-off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,190 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Susie Blake is making an emotional return to Coronation Street for Deirdre Barlow's funeral episodes.

The actress will reprise her role as Bev Unwin as show producers give Anne Kirkbride's iconic character a fitting send-off.

I hope the send off is fitting. I quite liked the Bev Unwin character.

For a second I thought you meant Suzie Birchall, whose return even in once-off appearance, I would love to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Coronation Street bosses have confirmed that X Factor winner Shayne Ward is joining the soap's cast as a new regular.

The singer and actor will be playing the role of Aidan Connor, a distant cousin of established character Michelle (Kym Marsh).

Aidan grew up on the same estate as Michelle and Carla when they were younger. He arrives in Weatherfield in August after hearing that Carla is having some problems at Underworld.

Ward has signed a one-year contract with Coronation Street and show producers have big plans for his character, as they will also be introducing Aidan's father and sister in the coming months.

The arrival of Aidan has been tipped to "set female hearts fluttering" on the cobbles, but he doesn't get a warm welcome from everyone as he quickly makes an enemy of Tracy Barlow's ex-husband Robert Preston (Tristan Gemmill).

Speaking of his casting, Ward commented: "On hearing the news I had been offered the part on the show, I was in total disbelief. It still hasn't sunk in. Shayne Ward the lad from Manchester, given such a role on such an iconic show - it is an absolute dream come true. I'm excited to walk down those famous cobbles.

"My family and friends know just how much this means to me and I cannot wait to do them all proud. 2015 has been a great year for me so far and I look forward to joining the Coronation Street family."

Coronation Street's producer Stuart Blackburn added: "When Shayne came in and auditioned, we knew he was up against some very stiff competition. But he blew us away from the very get-go, delivering a charm and a swagger that is perfect for the character. I can't wait to see him in action!"

Looking forward to seeing Shane Ward on Corrie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Kym Marsh,Sarah Harding,Shayne Ward.........it's becoming less Coronation Street & more Celeb Big Brother by the day with all the has-been popstars popping up. All we need now is for Keith Duffy to return. Heaven forbid.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭greeno

MelanieC wrote: »
    Kym Marsh,Sarah Harding,Shayne Ward.........it's becoming less Coronation Street & more Celeb Big Brother by the day with all the has-been popstars popping up. All we need now is for Keith Duffy to return. Heaven forbid.

Says Mel C jealous are ya ha ha

• Advertisement

They should bring in all Kyms ex Husbands, Fiances and boyfriends. That'd liven things up a bit!

They should bring in all Kyms ex Husbands, Fiances and boyfriends. That'd liven things up a bit!

Manchester isn't big enough to hold them all, let alone Weatherfield.........

Am I mistaken or was one of the potential buyers of the Rovers the other day not the homophobic landlord (and his wife) ... The one who posed the idea of firing Sean . I was only half watching but he had same build and their voices were extremely alike?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Sarah Harding

Had to Google her. Wish I hadn't now. From The Sun:
    He told The Sun: “There’s going to be one massive story and behind that a real sense of fun and humour.

A real sense of fun and humour. What fresh hell is this?

MelanieC wrote: »

I liked Keith on the show :o

I liked Keith on the show :o

So did I, Buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Is Todd pretending to be the guy from Dubi that is emailing his mother??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Humm , I wonder did Tony set up that incident in the Rovers.

Humm , I wonder did Tony set up that incident in the Rovers.

Oh, you cynic. Why would he do that to the lovely Elizabeth? She might just sell her share......Oh Wait.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Is Todd pretending to be the guy from Dubi that is emailing his mother??

yes he is

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement