Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

It was Lloyd I meant.

Oh sorry, I thought you meant a taxi driver that brought them...but I just realised Lloyd drove the minibus to the bar :o:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Bars change. I went into my old local in Munich after 10 years and it was a gay bar. Chef was still the same, beer was still cold so I stayed. Gay bars aren't exactly threatening places (unless it's the Blue Oyster).

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Could anybody make out what the guy on the boat said to Llyod?

"Turn that Corrie ****e off the TV and give me more of dem fish fingers. Arrrrrr!!!"

The stag could have been a lot better, I'm disappointed. Even the story of Steve's depression for missing it wasn't played out properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Why was that guy saying to Jason "Why are you in a gay bar?" when Jason told him he wasn't gay. U dont have to be gay to go to a gay bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Tony treat story is pathetic,
    The only redeeming feature at the moment is the Sally tim relationship

Tony treat story is pathetic,
    The only redeeming feature at the moment is the Sally tim relationship

Ahhhhhhh Good Old Tim & Craig too :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Could anybody make out what the guy on the boat said to Llyod?

It was dutch. They are presumably going to Holland. This is like a remake of an Only Fools and Horses christmas special. Only with out the laughs.

Lloyd: Steve and I seem to have drifted apart, what with him and his depression.
    Me: And you being a pr1ck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

fin12 wrote: »
    Why was that guy saying to Jason "Why are you in a gay bar?" when Jason told him he wasn't gay. U dont have to be gay to go to a gay bar.

Think it was because of Jason's reaction at being assumed gay. He looked kinda horrified (or at least shocked) so that's probably why they were surprised he was in a gay bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,271 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Think it was because of Jason's reaction at being assumed gay. He looked kinda horrified (or at least shocked) so that's probably why they were surprised he was in a gay bar.

I think Jason has been taken for gay before too

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think Jason has been taken for gay before too

Didn't he win a Mr gay competition?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Wasn't Lloyd's gf really into Steve at the start and was just putting up with Lloyd?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Tracy's first husband Robert Preston (married to him 1996 - 2002) returns for Deirdre's funeral, and Tracy gets back with him.

Jesus poor David :(

I just saw fat elvis in Eastenders now I must see fat Brenda in corrie

The amount Carla drinks, she wont make any profits from Rovers :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

So true. :)

My predictions -
    1 Tracy will fit Tony up for the fire. Otherwise, how will she get away with it?
    2 Callum will get forget to give Max his tablets and will get fed up with his bad behaviour and Max will realise that it's David that really loves him.

Weren't they making her an Alcoholic like Pater but they changed there minds

really when was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

really when was that?

I kind of remember something about that. It definately happened because i only mentioned it to the wife a couple of weeks ago when she was on the wine a few nights in a row. (Carla, not the wife)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

really when was that?

Carla always had a drink problem. Yet because she is supposed to be this "strong character" writers consistently and gradually have forgotten it and she has a glass orf red wine in every second scene from what I see! Every time she faces a stressful situation she gets drunk, sometimes with disastorous consequences......... binge drinking for days with Peter, drink driving, splitting her hand open with broken glass when drunk

In fact Peter and Carlas relationship started in an AA meeting....................

All stories about Carla's alcoholism.......................... Yet all forgotten as she sips on her bottle of red over breakfast without anyone batting an eyelid!

• Advertisement

She was an alcoholic, isn't that how she first got with Peter, he was her sponsor or helped her get help, she knocked Stella down drunk driving too, think she lost her licence at one time also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

At last :pac:
    The game is up for Andy Carver when an old photo album exposes his secret.
    The drama begins when Michael's ex-wife Susan calls in to visit Gail, revealing that she has sent Michael a photo album documenting Gavin's life.
    Although Gail and Andy vow to intercept the parcel before Michael can see it, their plan backfires when they miss its arrival and it ends up in Norris Cole's hands.
    As Norris refuses to hand it over to them, Gail and Andy are beside themselves when Michael later turns up with the album in hand.
    Michael is touched by Susan's thoughtfulness over the album but as he excitedly looks through the baby pictures of his son, Gail and Andy are filled with dread.
    As he turns the pages, Michael realises he is looking at pictures of a different man. His discovery forces Andy to come clean at last, but how will Michael react when he hears how everyone close to him has betrayed him?
    Coronation Street airs these scenes on Monday, June 1 at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV.

Carla always had a drink problem. Yet because she is supposed to be this "strong character" writers consistently and gradually have forgotten it and she has a glass orf red wine in every second scene from what I see! Every time she faces a stressful situation she gets drunk, sometimes with disastorous consequences......... binge drinking for days with Peter, drink driving, splitting her hand open with broken glass when drunk

In fact Peter and Carlas relationship started in an AA meeting....................

All stories about Carla's alcoholism.......................... Yet all forgotten as she sips on her bottle of red over breakfast without anyone batting an eyelid!

oh right sorry for some reason I thought someone said they were making Tracy out to be an alcoholic, oh ya I know about Carla being one!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Stupid that Steve couldn't make the stag because he had a panic attack at thd thoughts of travelling in a mini bus. He could've taken a taxi.:-D

Tony owes half the pub now (Travis Ltd got Steve and Michelle's share) so him and Carla are the co owners

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

remember on at 9 tonight

Carla drinks way more than Peter ever did :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

She's definitely a functioning alcoholic but could be heading for a downfall if the writers take it that way storywise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

No corrie on until 9, piss off sick of all this changing and chopping.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

No corrie on until 9, piss off sick of all this changing and chopping.

Oh but bet it'll be so worth the wait. This big week. AND we're post-watershed... who knows what will happen!!! It's gonna be wonderful!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement