Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

"hop along cassidy"!! ha!

And Carla on the piss again at 10am.

And Carla still drinking.....................

Here is St. Carla condescending Peter about his drinking............................. This woman is an alcoholic who nearly killed herself and then went on to nearly kill someone else drink driving.

Yet it is perfectly acceptable for her to be drinking in every scene almost..............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70JzQRiqeo4

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Michelle looked well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Crazy Jenny's still crazy then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

ShazGV wrote: »

Kevin's as oblivious as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Can someone please tell me what the name of the song is that Maddie and Sophie were dancing to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

fin12 wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me what the name of the song is that Maddie and Sophie were dancing to?

Went back to my recording of it from earlier to check, it's called Real Love by Clean Bandit feat. Jess Glynne. :)

Went back to my recording of it from earlier to check, it's called Real Love by Clean Bandit feat. Jess Glynne. :)

oh thanks very much, appreciate it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Kevin's as oblivious as ever.

That amuses me :D. Her face changes completely when she goes into psycho mood, but Kev doesn't seem to notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Carla drinks way more than Peter ever did :p

Probably over a year she would. Thing is Peter would binge drink, keep drinking morning noon and night for days and days on end, be seriously destructive when he was p1ssed and be incapable of stopping whilst on the lash. He would then be dry for weeks on end until something else sent him off the rails and once he started, even one little drink, he'd keep going until oblivion.

That's a classic alco. Don't care about anyone or anything, just where the next drink is coming from and everyone else can suffer.

Carla on the other hand is a heavy drinker, but I wouldn't call her an alcoholic. She has caused trouble and damage when drunk, but she never had any real trouble giving it up. There was a story a couple of years ago where she was on the lash morning noon and night, but she was never like that before or since. It was a short term story drawn up by the writers for short term gain without any thought of the long term consequences on her character.

I used to drink a lot in my early 20's, but ran two very successful businesses at the same time. I was never dependant, just had a big party lifestyle. I wouldn't have described myself as an alco and nobody else who knew me at the time would have either.

I ran a lot of marathons at the time and would be off the beer for three weeks solid before each race. Partying would continue, just me on mineral water and juices. Never had any issues with going off it and staying off it. I used to be out drinking, would have a long drive ahead of me the next morning, would stop drinking alcohol and switch for the rest of the evening to non-alcoholic drinks, never had an issue with that either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

It's quite funny how everytime Sally and Tim have to go to a wedding they end up staying at home shagging :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Amazing how Steve and Michelle went off to Spain in their wedding clothes and Liz did all their packing for them. Even got their passports and Euros sorted. Unbelievable - literally...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

I'm calling it now - maddie dies in the fire this week.

Robsweezie wrote: »

Yep. No one can see that one coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭snoopy12

It's quite funny how everytime Sally and Tim have to go to a wedding they end up staying at home shagging :D

Was just going to post the same. They are an endearing couple! :)
    Rest of the week is looking grim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I'm guessing Kal dies in the fire.

Can't blame Tim really, I wouldn't need any excuse to shag Sally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Red Kev wrote: »
    Can't blame Tim really, I wouldn't need any excuse to shag Sally.

Would you not now, eh? Red.... Kev...... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Thought the spoliers said that the powers that be at corrie said that the door would be open for her return

macjohn wrote: »
    Thought the spoliers said that the powers that be at corrie said that the door would be open for her return

Correct, according to this http://metro.co.uk/2015/02/09/coronation-street-spoilers-amy-kelly-quits-as-tearaway-maddie-after-just-18-months-but-she-wont-be-killed-off-5055155/

and http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/amy-kelly-quits-coronation-street-5130820 says
    Bosses are currently coming up with Amy's exit storyline but she isn't expected to be killed off as she is so popular backstage, and show chief Stuart Blackburn previously admitted he wanted to keep her in the soap for as long as possible.

He said last year: "The joy with Amy is that she has no idea how good she is.

"Short of her wanting to go, the character of Maddie will be here as long as I'm here."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Red Kev wrote: »
    Probably over a year she would. Thing is Peter would binge drink, keep drinking morning noon and night for days and days on end, be seriously destructive when he was p1ssed and be incapable of stopping whilst on the lash. He would then be dry for weeks on end until something else sent him off the rails and once he started, even one little drink, he'd keep going until oblivion.

That's a classic alco. Don't care about anyone or anything, just where the next drink is coming from and everyone else can suffer.

Carla on the other hand is a heavy drinker, but I wouldn't call her an alcoholic. She has caused trouble and damage when drunk, but she never had any real trouble giving it up. There was a story a couple of years ago where she was on the lash morning noon and night, but she was never like that before or since. It was a short term story drawn up by the writers for short term gain without any thought of the long term consequences on her character.

I used to drink a lot in my early 20's, but ran two very successful businesses at the same time. I was never dependant, just had a big party lifestyle. I wouldn't have described myself as an alco and nobody else who knew me at the time would have either.

I ran a lot of marathons at the time and would be off the beer for three weeks solid before each race. Partying would continue, just me on mineral water and juices. Never had any issues with going off it and staying off it. I used to be out drinking, would have a long drive ahead of me the next morning, would stop drinking alcohol and switch for the rest of the evening to non-alcoholic drinks, never had an issue with that either.

It always amazes me the ignorance that goes on when it comes to alcoholism. If Leo Varadker and the various lobby groups are to be believed that half of Ireland are borderline alcos, you'd think it would be better understood.

There was some actor on the Late Late a while back and he mentioned he was still off the drink and someone, possibly Brendan O'Carrol said, "What? Sure I saw you in <posh Dublin pub> having pints the other night", and the actor replied. "That wasn't me drinking, that was me having a couple of pints". I think his point was, he's not drinking whiskey anymore.

In truth there is probably 8 or 9 different types of alcoholic. Theres the guy who has scotch for breakfast but holds down a job and the guy who only drinks on a Friday, has 17 pints and becomes a thorn in everyones side by becoming obnoxious. And everything in between. Why arent these traits better known and understood?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

ivytwine wrote: »
    Would you not now, eh? Red.... Kev...... :D

I wouldnt mind an hour or two with Sally myself.:D

How could Karla not have woken up, with Tracey making all that noise in the apartment?

fin12 wrote: »
    How could Karla not have woken up, with Tracey making all that noise in the apartment?

I find this funny because the last two pages have been about how much Carla like to drink so she had a few today she out

Calling it now Kal & Maddie die & Amy is in critical condition

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

how come Tracy didn't bring a torch? silly that the candle and matches were just inside the door

Stuart Blackburn......

"Short of her wanting to go, the character of Maddie will be here as long as I'm here."

*Prays that Maddie dies in the fire.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Correct, according to this http://metro.co.uk/2015/02/09/coronation-street-spoilers-amy-kelly-quits-as-tearaway-maddie-after-just-18-months-but-she-wont-be-killed-off-5055155/

and http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/amy-kelly-quits-coronation-street-5130820 says
    Bosses are currently coming up with Amy's exit storyline but she isn't expected to be killed off as she is so popular backstage, and show chief Stuart Blackburn previously admitted he wanted to keep her in the soap for as long as possible.

He said last year: "The joy with Amy is that she has no idea how good she is.

That's such a crap reason to keep someone in a show. Just because someone is personable doesn't mean they're great at their job. Even more so in a soap where 90% of characters have a finite lifespan. Blackburn is clueless!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement