Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I find this funny because the last two pages have been about how much Carla like to drink so she had a few today she out

Carla wasn't drunk in last night's epiosde, she didn't seem to drink that much at the wedding and she also left early as she was minding Amy.

Tracey was going around like an elephant in the apartment.
    Drunk or not you would nearly have to be in a coma not to have heard her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

And why was Carla even minding Amy when Tracy was at home and available?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Ghekko wrote: »

I think Liz told Carla she didnt want Amy with Tracy as she plans on confronting Tony about his affair with Tracy so she decided its best to have Amy totally separated from Tracy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Ghekko wrote: »

To fit in with the story and create more drama :)

Oh, and cos Liz said she was supposed to have her but couldn't cos she wanted to confront Tony, and she didn't want Amy going back to Tracy the mood she was in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I think Maddie wont die in the fire because
    she finds Jenny trying to abscond with Jack. So that suggests she would then get involved in that, and wouldn't have time to get into the fire story. Maybe Jenny will kill her, but I doubt it.

I think Kal will, it would be suitably dramatic, :D after his proposal to Leanne.
    He may be on his way back with the ring, and see the fire and try to rescue Carla, but he dies, and she and Amy live?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Michelle looked well.

Carla looked better!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,266 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Carla rarely shows any maternal feelings yet Liz asks her to take Tracy's kid Amy for the night, what about Ken the grandfather or even Emily she is Tracy's godmother and is always on hand to babysit

Nick lives next to Carla and he has Bethany and Sarah Louise staying who will save them or does anyone care if they are saved or not :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Carla rarely shows any maternal feelings yet Liz asks her to take Tracy's kid Amy for the night, what about Ken the grandfather or even Emily she is Tracy's godmother and is always on hand to babysit

Nick lives next to Carla and he has Bethany and Sarah Louise staying who will save them or does anyone care if they are saved or not :p

well to be honest Amy does have Tracey for a mother, not very maternal is she.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Red Kev wrote: »
    Probably over a year she would. Thing is Peter would binge drink, keep drinking morning noon and night for days and days on end, be seriously destructive when he was p1ssed and be incapable of stopping whilst on the lash. He would then be dry for weeks on end until something else sent him off the rails and once he started, even one little drink, he'd keep going until oblivion.

That's a classic alco. Don't care about anyone or anything, just where the next drink is coming from and everyone else can suffer.

Carla on the other hand is a heavy drinker, but I wouldn't call her an alcoholic. She has caused trouble and damage when drunk, but she never had any real trouble giving it up. There was a story a couple of years ago where she was on the lash morning noon and night, but she was never like that before or since. It was a short term story drawn up by the writers for short term gain without any thought of the long term consequences on her character.

I used to drink a lot in my early 20's, but ran two very successful businesses at the same time. I was never dependant, just had a big party lifestyle. I wouldn't have described myself as an alco and nobody else who knew me at the time would have either.

I ran a lot of marathons at the time and would be off the beer for three weeks solid before each race. Partying would continue, just me on mineral water and juices. Never had any issues with going off it and staying off it. I used to be out drinking, would have a long drive ahead of me the next morning, would stop drinking alcohol and switch for the rest of the evening to non-alcoholic drinks, never had an issue with that either.

An alcoholic is someone who depends on drink. Carla very much depends on drink if she is boozing every day. and has almost killed both herself and someone almost due to her drinking. The problem is the writers suitably forgot about her drinking problems to make her look like the heroine/victim in the demise of Peter when she was perhaps the one who dragged him down with her. I just think it is ridiculous noone passes comment on it as she is seenn with a wine bottle/glass every second scene. Leanne for example almost saw her mother killed by Carla drink driving yet never mentions this to her despite their rivalry.

fin12 wrote: »
    Carla wasn't drunk in last night's epiosde, she didn't seem to drink that much at the wedding and she also left early as she was minding Amy.

Tracey was going around like an elephant in the apartment.
    Drunk or not you would nearly have to be in a coma not to have heard her.

she was drinking consistently (wine and champagne ) from 10am!! If she can't get drunk from that alcohol is wasted on her!!!

To be fair, as much as she drinks, they never show her drunk! Its like the glass is just her prop. Much like kevin and his beard, Michelle and her folded arms, Gary and his Roys Rolls apron, Roy and his bag and Chesney and his grimace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Oh no! Is the curse of Simon going to strike again? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Eh, the candle that started the fire looks like it hasn't burned at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

If its
    Kal that dies
    its a total joke.

Every disaster that happens on the street affects
    Leanne's lovelife

And what's the deal with Simon sleeping on the couch? If he's old enough to be approaching girls and asking them to dance then surely he's old enough to not be falling asleep in the pub - he's not a fecking toddler!

Urban Manchester........................ how f'in long for a fire brigade to come???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

If its
    Kal that dies
    its a total joke.

Every disaster that happens on the street affects
    Leanne's lovelife
    Thats the curse of Simon! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Me nerves are gone!!

Jaysus, the whole street will be in there soon.

How in gods name are they able to keep their hand on the door handles with a raging fire!! They would have first degree burns!

Is yer one nicking the kid??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

This is so unrealistic. Like Leanne didn't think to ring the fire brigade first?? And the other people that live in the appartment block are just staying in their appartments??!!

• Advertisement

So Leanne is the hero saving Carla and Amy and probably losing her new fiancé Kal

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    This is so unrealistic. Like Leanne didn't think to ring the fire brigade first?? And the other people that live in the appartment block are just staying in their appartments??!!

They've prob copped the stairwell is so overcrowded they're best off where they are :pac:

This is so unrealistic. Like Leanne didn't think to ring the fire brigade first??

Nope, cos then there wouldn't be as much drama, and I'd say they're aiming for maximum drama rather than realism.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Why in gods name were they trying to reason with Amy? Ex soldier Kal couldn't just pick her up and run? :rolleyes:

This should be great viewing but to be honest due to the lack of depth of the stories surrounding it, the pantomine lead up to the events and the annoying characters I am bored. Great pyrotechnics, wasted on this show!

Conveniently Nick, Sarah Louise and Bethany are away at Audrey's

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,190 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I hope they don't kill Maddie off - she's a far better actress than your one who plays Surphie and I like her interactions with Sally and Tim.

spurious wrote: »
    I hope they don't kill Maddie off - she's a far better actress than your one who plays Surphie and I like her interactions with Sally and Tim.

I like Sally and Tim full stop!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

When the fire alarm goes off in my apartment block I don't bother to evaucate, (it's always a false alarm) I have to smell smoke before I do.....I think Corrie has been great,(so far) this week.

• Advertisement

If Carla had a drink before going to sleep which is likely she will be blamed

Is Tony in hiding as he hasn't returned since dropping Michelle and Steve to the airport

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement