Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Still laughing,

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I expected more from Audrey, I did think she would stand up for David after her going on about how good Kylie is for him and that he loves her so much

Audrey is always standing up for David. Was disappointed when she said to Gail that she did what she had to. She should have least told him to go to her house. Where do they expect him to go as they threw him out of his own house?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,252 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Audrey is always standing up for David. Was disappointed when she said to Gail that she did what she had to. She should have least told him to go to her house. Where do they expect him to go as they threw him out of his own house?

Tina's flat

• Registered Users Posts: 86,252 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ann22 wrote: »
    I'm so glad so many are of the same opinion as me...I'm completely insensed about the unfairness of this David thing:mad:. It's as if the scriptwriters are trying to alter our memories of what happened on the night of the crash. Not for a min would I believe David was trying to kill Nick...and Nick's scared reaction when he woke up was stupid:mad:..

Now that horrible little stupid twerp of a Gail one is proving that David's been right all along over her preference for Nick..she's an a*shole of the highest order...Has she forgotten all her comments to Kylie about how unfair it all was on 'poor David' keeping this huge secret?? And why didn't Kylie tell her about the dna results anyway, I'd have thought she would've been falling over herself to tell her:confused:.(I think half the old biddies in Britain and Ireland won't be able to keep up with this storyline anyway about who knows what, I'd serious problems trying to explain it to my hubbie last night).:confused:

Nick's getting off scot free and his martyr like way of going on.. hobbling around on his stick grimacing and saying stuff like 'ah it's not your fault, I'll be ok' is beginning to p!ss me off:mad:....and Leanne can fcuk off as well as she was running about the streets after Peeeter on the night in question..I've no sympathy for her. Back to the other two...'it was an accident'...an accident??? Wft?? Did he fall across her on the bed reaching for the remote on the locker and accidentally drop his mickey into her pants??:mad:

ROTFL :D Well said Ann22

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Tina's flat

Yeah I guess, seeing as his whole family have disowned him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

The rationale for Gail wanting the truth to stay hidden was to prevent David from cracking, knowing what he's capable of doing to others and himself, yet she doesn't think banishing him from the house and disowning him, as opposed to siding with the equally blameworthy Kylie and Nick and discouraging any sort of civility or reconciliation, would send him into said downward spiral?

Not looking forward to Leeane's inevitable holier-than-thou braying over the next few episodes. She and her judgemental family would be more than happy to ignore the fact that the catalyst for Nick's one night stand was the fact that she left him at the altar to spend a jolly afternoon trying to get back with her ex-husband.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

Well, Nick is Brian's son (who she loved an' he died a marty) whereas Daft David is Martin's son - Martin who buggered off an' left her...

Ann, you have a gift me girl, a gift.

Alice1 wrote: »
    Well, Nick is Brian's son (who she loved an' he died a marty) whereas Daft David is Martin's son - Martin who buggered off an' left her...
    Ann, you have a gift me girl, a gift.

Wasn't Brian leaving her anyway? Ivy would soon sort the lot of them out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Wasn't Brian leaving her anyway? Ivy would soon sort the lot of them out!

When I think back, the Platts / Tilsleys have really had very dramatic lives. I probably have some things forgotten, but a few spring to mind- Brian was stabbed to death, I think. I forget at this stage how many men Gail has had, but I remember that Richard tried to kill them all.
    Martin had an affair, all I remember (mercifully) of that was, that they spent a lot of time in hospital cupboards :D.
    I seem to remember that Gail was considering an abortion, at one time. Then there was Sara Lou, who got pregnant really young. Then her ill fated marriage.
    If I throw Audrey and her travails in there, they have had more excitement than most. I know there's loads I haven't mentioned or thought of.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    When I think back, the Platts / Tilsleys have really had very dramatic lives. I probably have some things forgotten, but a few spring to mind- Brian was stabbed to death, I think. I forget at this stage how many men Gail has had, but I remember that Richard tried to kill them all.
    Martin had an affair, all I remember (mercifully) of that was, that they spent a lot of time in hospital cupboards :D.
    I seem to remember that Gail was considering an abortion, at one time. Then there was Sara Lou, who got pregnant really young. Then her ill fated marriage.
    If I throw Audrey and her travails in there, they have had more excitement than most. I know there's loads I haven't mentioned or thought of.

Didn't Sarah have a baby with Eileen's gay son and the baby died, or did she miscarry?

• Advertisement

Didn't Sarah have a baby with Eileen's gay son and the baby died, or did she miscarry?

Yes, she had a baby, I seem to remember scenes of them visiting the grave.
    I know I have seen it mentioned here about David trying to kill himself on Sarah's wedding day. I have that forgotten or else had stopped watching at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Loved the way at the end that David managed to stop sobbing just long enough to throw a glance over his shoulder at the house. If I were them I'd have the fire brigade on speed dial. :D

Loved the way at the end that David managed to stop sobbing just long enough to throw a glance over his shoulder at the house. If I were them I'd have the fire brigade on speed dial. :D

Haha, too true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

LynnGrace wrote: »
    When I think back, the Platts / Tilsleys have really had very dramatic lives.

She was also unsure of who Nick's Dad was. She was riding Brians cousin at the same time, she also kept that a secret for ages. That's probably why she has some sympathy for Kylie.

I used to like Brian & Gail as a couple back in the day, and his psycho mother "Ivy the Terrible". :)

Red Kev wrote: »
    She was also unsure of who Nick's Dad was. She was riding Brians cousin at the same time, she also kept that a secret for ages. That's probably why she has some sympathy for Kylie.

I used to like Brian & Gail as a couple back in the day, and his psycho mother "Ivy the Terrible". :)

It was SarahLou's Dad there was a doubt about, not Nick. Gail had a blood test done and the cousin was a different blood group. Brian was in a nightclub with another girl and got into a fight, was knifed and died. Gail had him buried without a church service, so Ivy had a mass said for him, as she was catholic. Ah, the memories keep flooding back!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

So now Audrey's fired David from his job because he's "gone too far this time". I say there's something funny about this, the writers clearly realize that David in no ways deserves this and are probably screwing with the viewers trying to get them angry about his treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I love Hayley. The definition of a good person. So sad she's dying :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

wtf does tracie know about pawning????:confused::confused::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Michelles mam must have friends in high places to be able to get a divorce in Ireland without the 4 years separation ;)

Were'nt Roy and Hailey only away one night? Jane was with Hailey just before they went, yet it sounds like shes been in the hospice a few days :confused:

So now Audrey's fired David from his job because he's "gone too far this time". I say there's something funny about this, the writers clearly realize that David in no ways deserves this and are probably screwing with the viewers trying to get them angry about his treatment.

Does David not still own the salon? Did he sign it back over to Audrey?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Does David not still own the salon? Did he sign it back over to Audrey?

Well he certainly owns the house that Gail threw him out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Chucken wrote: »
    Michelles mam must have friends in high places to be able to get a divorce in Ireland without the 4 years separation ;)

Probably got married in the UK. AFAIK they only moved back to Ireland when they retired or Liam died or something. They used to live in Manchester til then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Were'nt Roy and Hailey only away one night? Jane was with Hailey just before they went, yet it sounds like shes been in the hospice a few days :confused:

It was booked as a weekend away I think.

Dennis is some tit, pawning the ring in the Street and to that gobby cow, Tracey Barlow of all people. It's obvious she's going to tell Rita and watch the sparks fly.

Pathetic storyline coming up I reckon, in the Rovers.......

"OHHH how could you Dennis Tanner, I thought we spoke about this before.
    *Tracey sneers whilst looking on*.

"oooohhh I'm so sorry luv, thought you wouldn't notice, I were under pressure"

"But Dennis, we could have gone t'Wales, there was no need..."

"won't happen again luv"

"Large vodka & tonic please Tina, and half a bitter for Dennis"

*Tracey sneers whilst looking on*. etc etc etc...

To be followed by Tracey flogging the ring back for £2000 and Deirdre doing the

"OH Tracey how could you, to Rita of all people...."

*Tracey sneers whilst looking on*. etc etc etc.

God give me strength :rolleyes:

They must have been away two nights. They left late in evening, it showed them having brekkie, they spent all day out and then they had their supper outside. Then they arrive back following morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Red Kev wrote: »
    It was booked as a weekend away I think.

Dennis is some tit, pawning the ring in the Street and to that gobby cow, Tracey Barlow of all people. It's obvious she's going to tell Rita and watch the sparks fly.

Pathetic storyline coming up I reckon, in the Rovers.......

"OHHH how could you Dennis Tanner, I thought we spoke about this before.

"oooohhh I'm so sorry luv, thought you wouldn't notice, I were under pressure"

"But Dennis, we could have gone t'Wales, there was no need..."

"won't happen again luv"

"Large vodka & tonic please Tina, and half a bitter for Dennis"

*Tracey sneers whilst looking on*. etc etc etc...

To be followed by Tracey flogging the ring back for £2000 and Deirdre doing the

"OH Tracey how could you, to Rita of all people...."

*Tracey sneers whilst looking on*. etc etc etc.

God give me strength :rolleyes:

Yeah what a clown to be going to that vile excuse for a person.Is there nowwhere else he could have went?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

This is all getting a bit too heavy for me. Don't think I'll be watching Corrie for a while....:(

Oh my God, that was intense. Hayley and Roy were great. Gail and Audrey were b!tches. Liked scene with David and Roy on the bench.

Did Hayley tell Fizz what they were arguing about? Damn sky+ stopped recording just as they sat on the sofa. I might have cursed at the sky box a bit, I'm ashamed to say!

Oh my God, that was intense. Hayley and Roy were great. Gail and Audrey were b!tches. Liked scene with David and Roy on the bench.

Did Hayley tell Fizz what they were arguing about? Damn sky+ stopped recording just as they sat on the sofa. I might have cursed at the sky box a bit, I'm ashamed to say!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2397415/Coronation-Street-spoilers-David-Platt-Roy-Cropper-unlikely-friends.html

No, she didn't tell her.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement