Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    If Carla had a drink before going to sleep which is likely she will be blamed

Is Tony in hiding as he hasn't returned since dropping Michelle and Steve to the airport

There was a bottle on the table in front of Carla. Also, other residents were running down the stairs as the cavalry were running up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

When it cut to Jenny I didn't recognise her with the wig, I thought I had accidentally changed the channel!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

If Carla had a drink before going to sleep which is likely she will be blamed

Is Tony in hiding as he hasn't returned since dropping Michelle and Steve to the airport

Liz left him a message on his phone telling him she knew everything and not to come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Why did nobody try the bedroom window?? Even when leanne and kal got into amy, there were still no flames in there, and yet nobody went to the window...

The acting tonight was piss poor except for Amy she was fantastic where was the sense of terror in the acting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

hope there wont be a whole thing where Carla blames herself as she was the one that lit the candle and probably doesn't remember if she blew it out or not, meanwhile tracy acts the doting mother at amys bedside at the hospital blaming carla for what happened to her daughter. Tracy doesn't know she started the fire and probably wont put 2 and 2 together until Ken spells it out to her. Ken knew the minute Tracy came home she had done something wrong or bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

this fire really screams of "oh crap Eastenders did a great fire so we must throw one in"

so many things just made it terrible.

the main one as pointed out, this is an apartment block, lots of different people living in close quarters, yet the blocks fire alarm doesn't go off until the fire has destroyed an apartment, (and conveniently when people start arriving)

where did Kal go to get the ring? he clearly wasn't in the victoria apartments yet was gone long enough for leanne to tell Ken all about the fact he was proposing,

Michael and gav (andy) randomly walking past the block, if they were coming from the wedding isn't their house just across the road?

the random guy to help leanne carry carla? yet nobody early on the scene runs in to save the other people in the building...who are much later seen evacuating conveniently to stop kev from running up the stair well.

why did leanne get so desperate to get Amy out?

michael's very obvious call to gail with "Nick's in birmingham"

the ambulance/fire brigade getting "stuck because the ring road is closed" surely emergency services would be informed of serious road closures?!?

the random time wasting scene with sean and llyods girlfriend :rolleyes:

it all just screams of desperate attempts of writing to compete with other soaps no previous thought or planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Amy was impressive tonight, she's proving to be a great little actress in the past few months!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

That's true, it could very well end up with people blaming Carla.
    As for Leanne, if Kal dies, which I am guessing he will, the family will hound her forever more, because she was the one who went in first, and he followed her.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,758 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I cant get over Leanne risking her own life to save Carla and Amy, Leanne would be leaving her precious little Si without a mother again if she dies and as someone else said why didn't she call the fire brigade firstly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Fittle wrote: »
    Why did nobody try the bedroom window?? Even when leanne and kal got into amy, there were still no flames in there, and yet nobody went to the window...

Maybe the flat is ''too cool'' to even have a window in the bedroom?

I don't know what the window is beside the balcony.

http://www.radiotimes.com/uploads/images/original/77102.JPG

I cant get over Leanne risking her own life to save Carla and Amy, Leanne would be leaving her precious little Si without a mother again if she dies and as someone else said why didn't she call the fire brigade firstly

that and if the writers thought it through really Roy was on the scene, he is Amy's godfather (thought he was her father for a time, tried to buy her) and has lost haley recently so feels like he has nothing left,

would have been a better storyline if he had run in to get amy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

The acting tonight was piss poor except for Amy she was fantastic where was the sense of terror in the acting

Amys acting was good but she took her time getting out of bed, she was able to say "I can't breath" if you can't breath you wouldn't be able to talk!..... Not her fault, I blame the writers and directors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

wonder will Leanne lay claim to Amy now like she did for Simon. She has her eye on her

Yes I agree Roy as the hero would have been much better as he had nothing to lose plus he has history with Tracy and Amy

Michael and Gandy didn't make any effort to go in unlike Tim and Kevin :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

But poor Michael's heart... any excitement and he might die!!

*yawn*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Yes I agree Roy as the hero would have been much better as he had nothing to lose plus he has history with Tracy and Amy

I always expected Kevin to go in to save Amy. He is that type of guy

But seriously, how long for an emergency service to get to a street in middle of Manchester. After all the fires there should be a fire station built on the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭mapaca

I spent half the episode wondering "does no one else live in this apartment block?"

Uh oh Jenny, your crazy is showing! Might wanna tuck that back in...... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

she was drinking consistently (wine and champagne ) from 10am!! If she can't get drunk from that alcohol is wasted on her!!!

To be fair, as much as she drinks, they never show her drunk! Its like the glass is just her prop. Much like kevin and his beard, Michelle and her folded arms, Gary and his Roys Rolls apron, Roy and his bag and Chesney and his grimace

ya but she's drinking every day so she would have a very high tolerance.

fin12 wrote: »
    ya but she's drinking every day so she would have a very high tolerance.

I am surprised Carla has had no problems with her liver by now

I guess she will have to live at the pub now as she owns half of it with Tony or with Roy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Ah lads, it wouldn't be entertaining if the fire brigade just showed up and saved the day - that'd be incredibly boring. We're happy enough to go along with storylines involving serial killers and baby swaps and the like, but the minute there's a dramatic fire, it's all "No one would act like that if there was really a fire - this is so unbelieveable..." :rolleyes:

Suspend the disbelief and just enjoy it while it lasts, we'll be back to Michael's dodgy ticker and Sharif's chickens once all the action is over, so at least try to enjoy the excitement of it all.

I'm really enjoying this week and I haven't said that about Corrie in a long time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Ah lads, it wouldn't be entertaining if the fire brigade just showed up and saved the day - that'd be incredibly boring. We're happy enough to go along with storylines involving serial killers and baby swaps and the like, but the minute there's a dramatic fire, it's all "No one would act like that if there was really a fire - this is so unbelieveable..." :rolleyes:

Hear hear :)

It's all written in a certain way that will make it more dramatic. That's the idea.

A lot of the stuff for me is just 'yeah, that doesn't make a lot of sense, but can see why the writers write it that way to make it all the more dramatic, cos it's just the way it works'.

Suspend the disbelief and just enjoy it while it lasts, we'll be back to Michael's dodgy ticker and Sharif's chickens once all the action is over, so at least try to enjoy the excitement of it all.

I'm really enjoying this week and I haven't said that about Corrie in a long time...

No soap has ever done a realistic Serial killer storyline, where someone would hide that there were a serial killer for years and then be the person who everybody thinks is such a nice guy with a wife and family. Any serial killer story line that has been done is where they kill all their victims in a very short space of time and there also then caught quickly after, Richard Hilman gails husband was probably one of the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Same here. :D

Yes exactly, a change from Michael's ticker, Sharif's chickens and Callum prancing around the street, and bursting into the Platt house every other minute.

No soap has ever done a realistic Serial killer storyline, where someone would hide that there were a serial killer for years and then be the person who everybody thinks is such a nice guy with a wife and family. Any serial killer story line that has been done is where they kill all their victims in a very short space of time and there also then caught quickly after, Richard Hilman gails husband was probably one of the best.

Silas from Hollyoaks is still at large :p

Tadgh in Ros na Rún has bumped off a fair few in his time and not done any time for them...

Corrie writers just won't give the time to character development, they used have something good going with the likes of blanch and norris, but lately the comedy alongside drama parallel's have dried up imo.

we shouldn't be appreciating the relief for breaking away from michael's dodgy ticker storylines we should as the fans be demanding better,

and you can see from this years soap awards failure (and the tweets they got when they won the bafta) that they have noticed the fans aren't accepting the latest mediocre writings, this fire storyline could have been great some suggestions previously mentioned would have been way better and made more sense being true to the character's history (e.g. Roy running in to save Amy) , there should have been the old corrie comedic moments breaking it up (they could have used Tim and Sally, they are very funny at times), instead we got sean and Llyods girlfriend in a strange scene and liz going mental. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭YurOK2

Thought last night's episode was quite good, possibly because I was so delighted at the prospect of a few dull characters being killed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

YurOK2 wrote: »
    Thought last night's episode was quite good, possibly because I was so delighted at the prospect of a few dull characters being killed off.

I think you hit the nail on the head there! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Liz smashing stuff Nellie Oleson style was silly. A scene with her confronting Tony would've been much better instead of an anti-climatic phone call.
    I was hoping all of the Nazirs would bundle into the room.
    Seemingly Jimi Mistry announced he was leaving away back in March, due to a mystery virus, dunno if he's being killed off. It'll be another of Leanne's loves to be trapped in a burning building. She's a fire hazard.
    Not looking forward to Carla guilt. Maybe she'll give up the drink now.

• Advertisement

hoodwinked wrote: »
    Tadgh in Ros na Rún has bumped off a fair few in his time and not done any time for them...

Corrie writers just won't give the time to character development, they used have something good going with the likes of blanch and norris, but lately the comedy alongside drama parallel's have dried up imo.

we shouldn't be appreciating the relief for breaking away from michael's dodgy ticker storylines we should as the fans be demanding better,

and you can see from this years soap awards failure (and the tweets they got when they won the bafta) that they have noticed the fans aren't accepting the latest mediocre writings, this fire storyline could have been great some suggestions previously mentioned would have been way better and made more sense being true to the character's history (e.g. Roy running in to save Amy) , there should have been the old corrie comedic moments breaking it up (they could have used Tim and Sally, they are very funny at times), instead we got sean and Llyods girlfriend in a strange scene and liz going mental. :(

oh ya forgot about Tadhg, havent watched Ros na Run in ages.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement