Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

RIP Kal. You'll be in our hearts forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Why did yer man throw the table off the balcony??

To let us see the gas bottle? :confused:

Shocking bad acting again tonight Dari city style

• Registered Users Posts: 86,265 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think if we didn't know long before that the actors who play Kal and Maddie were leaving, this fire disaster would be quite good

Can or has Corrie ever done a shock surprise twist and exit?

Apparently losing Kal is what triggers Simon to start beating Leanne, because Kal and Simon were so close :p maybe Zeedan will blame Leanne for Kal's death and make Simon believe it too turning him against her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

So what next for mad Jenny??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

RIP Kal. You'll be in our hearts forever.

Which one was Kal...........................................:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Couldn't he have taken his parents and son with him??

Who will run the gym now?

If Jenny turns off Maddie life support I swear it's a rehash of last year storyline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

KALor Gas

cylinder_propane_13kg.jpg

Kal Killer Calorgas.
    Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Why did yer man throw the table off the balcony??

In utter frustration at being in such a sh!te soap .
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Surely the gym will "run" itself ? (Boom! Boom!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

This was really annoying to watch, how ****ing slow they were getting off the balcony, it just awful, kal should have never went in there, did he not think of his kids, they had already lost one parent. The whole fire was a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Dev is due back shortly, ;).

That whole sequence must have lasted 45 minutes or more. I know its a soap but for gods sake, no emergency services at all!! In the middle of the city!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Dev is due back shortly, ;).

:D Great

This man...........

CraigBread.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

A load of crap tonight

Kevin comes in and sees jenny crying with two big black eyes and never even asks whats wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Right, I'm aware this is a stupid question so just indulge me.

What exactly caused Maddie to get so injured?
    I KNOW there was an explosion but WHAT hurt her?
    She wasn't set on fire and she wasn't hit by anything....from my point of view, she was walking past the explosion and then got catapulted to the ground.

But how and by what?
    Someone answer me kindly!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

fussyonion wrote: »
    Right, I'm aware this is a stupid question so just indulge me.

What exactly caused Maddie to get so injured?
    I KNOW there was an explosion but WHAT hurt her?
    She wasn't set on fire and she wasn't hit by anything....from my point of view, she was walking past the explosion and then got catapulted to the ground.

But how and by what?
    Someone answer me kindly!
    Well, not sure. I'm guessing the force of the explosion - and she was thrown on the ground so maybe she hit her head?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    Apparently losing Kal is what triggers Simon to start beating Leanne, because Kal and Simon were so close maybe Zeedan will blame Leanne for Kal's death and make Simon believe it too turning him against her

What?? Does that happen??? !

• Advertisement

That whole sequence must have lasted 45 minutes or more. I know its a soap but for gods sake, no emergency services at all!! In the middle of the city!

When Sally rang them they told her that the "Ring Road was closed and they couldn't get through"

What is the bets Nick will still have all his different 3 piece suits magically not burnt in the fire. The way that man dresses, you would swear he was at a different cousins wedding every day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Did anyone notice the repeated soundbite loop of Tracy shouting AMY, ARE YOU ALRIGHT?! AMY! AMY, ARE YOU ALRIGHT?! over and over again for the entire time they were on the balcony looking at each other?

Also, there were like eighty people nattering away with hands in their pockets in the street below (minus the people who lived there besides Carla, natch, they went off to the pub), and it was left up to the lad panicking in the burning building to suggest to the stupid eejits, who knew the stairs were blocked, that a ladder down from the balcony might be useful. Then they're all standing around ten feet from a builder's yard asking each other where they might find a ladder like Dora the fkn Explorer as people yell at the TV over their idiocy. It's a miracle they didn't all starve years ago.

Coronation street is deluded Stuart Blackburn said killing of Kal wads biggie wtf lol no he was a no big character sooner he goes the better. Even digital spy has said fans are watching they just aren't happy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Watched it all this week.

Think me and Corrie are done.

Appauling stuff altogether. Near like cliff hanger "I WILL NEVER LET GO" rubbish between Leanne and Kal on the Balcony !

Coronation Street's Nazir family may have been left devastated by the soap's fire tragedy, but it seems they still have a strong future in Weatherfield.

Show producer Stuart Blackburn has pledged his commitment to the on-screen clan following the departure of Kal (Jimi Mistry), who was killed off in dramatic scenes in Thursday night's episode.

Kal's tragic final moments saw Victoria Court explode while he was still trying to escape from the burning building, having helped to rescue local youngster Amy Barlow from Carla Connor's flat.

While the Nazirs have a tough time ahead as they struggle to adjust to life without Kal, Blackburn has insisted that they will be staying in the show.

"We're planning ahead right through until autumn and we've got some great stuff coming up for them - I really, really enjoy the Nazirs," he explained.

"Just from that last scene after Kal died, you can see how good Qasim who plays Zeedan is, so watch out for him. We've got massive stuff for Alya coming up too, which of course the grandparents Sharif and Yasmeen will be involved in."

He continued: "I think in a way, my favourite episode of the fire week is the Friday one. That's when all of the dust has settled and we see the silence and the grief. The Nazirs come into their own in that one.

"They've got a bright future - although they're not going to be very happy for a while!"

Thursday's episode ended with a grief-stricken Zeedan angrily blaming Kal's partner Leanne Tilsley (Jane Danson) for his demise, as she had made the decision to rush into the burning building to save Amy.

Despite Zeedan's outburst, the tension won't last for long as he ultimately starts to see Leanne in a new light.

Blackburn added: "Zeedan blaming Leanne was a moment in time where he was lashing out. They're actually going to get really close. Zeedan has wised up a little bit. He knows how much Leanne meant to Kal. There's trouble ahead for Leanne, and Zeedan's going to be there trying to help and support her. It's what his dad would have wanted."

Meanwhile, asked whether Tracy's role in how the fire started will ever be exposed, Blackburn replied: "Eventually - but it's utterly unproveable!"

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a649768/coronation-street-boss-on-kal-aftermath-the-nazirs-have-a-bright-future.html#~pe4VIVY91LJ79u

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

On an side note, does anyone else ever notice the same crying-child soundbite they play in all the soaps?
    It's so recognisable that it's pretty lame that they can't find another soundbite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Last night was the slowest attempt at a rescue or survival I've ever seen on a TV show. Having finally gotten on to the balcony, with the ladder, they dawdled for a very long time trying to coax Amy down. Then Leanne stops half way down the ladder to say yes to Kal. Why wasn't Kal right behind her on the ladder?

I know people will say it wouldn't be entertaining if it was lifelike, but there are enough dramas who deal with real events and action/drama sequences which manage to be true to life. Or at the very least don't have me shouting at the TV.

Also, did anyone else think the Jenny storyline was a bit rushed? So it turns out she is Bat-$hit crazy. We knew something was a bit off with her for a while, but what could have been a genuinely creepy story line got rushed and shoe horned in with the fire storyline. When I saw her in the wig, I got a feeling of Norman Bates from Psycho. That could have been teased out more, over a few days.

Coronation Street's Nazir family may have been left devastated by the soap's fire tragedy, but it seems they still have a strong future in Weatherfield.

Show producer Stuart Blackburn has pledged his commitment to the on-screen clan following the departure of Kal (Jimi Mistry), who was killed off in dramatic scenes in Thursday night's episode.

Kal's tragic final moments saw Victoria Court explode while he was still trying to escape from the burning building, having helped to rescue local youngster Amy Barlow from Carla Connor's flat.

While the Nazirs have a tough time ahead as they struggle to adjust to life without Kal, Blackburn has insisted that they will be staying in the show.

"We're planning ahead right through until autumn and we've got some great stuff coming up for them - I really, really enjoy the Nazirs," he explained.

"Just from that last scene after Kal died, you can see how good Qasim who plays Zeedan is, so watch out for him. We've got massive stuff for Alya coming up too, which of course the grandparents Sharif and Yasmeen will be involved in."

He continued: "I think in a way, my favourite episode of the fire week is the Friday one. That's when all of the dust has settled and we see the silence and the grief. The Nazirs come into their own in that one.

"They've got a bright future - although they're not going to be very happy for a while!"

Thursday's episode ended with a grief-stricken Zeedan angrily blaming Kal's partner Leanne Tilsley (Jane Danson) for his demise, as she had made the decision to rush into the burning building to save Amy.

Despite Zeedan's outburst, the tension won't last for long as he ultimately starts to see Leanne in a new light.

Blackburn added: "Zeedan blaming Leanne was a moment in time where he was lashing out. They're actually going to get really close. Zeedan has wised up a little bit. He knows how much Leanne meant to Kal. There's trouble ahead for Leanne, and Zeedan's going to be there trying to help and support her. It's what his dad would have wanted."

Meanwhile, asked whether Tracy's role in how the fire started will ever be exposed, Blackburn replied: "Eventually - but it's utterly unproveable!"

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a649768/coronation-street-boss-on-kal-aftermath-the-nazirs-have-a-bright-future.html#~pe4VIVY91LJ79u

This man is actually deluded. There is not much more point in discussing it anymore. I actually hopes he stays for longer, destroys the show more and the executives realise how 1diotic they have been. Maybe he is the smartest man in the world. he certainly doesn't care what othrs think and he is the greatest PR bluffer I have ever seen. He is the only person praising the soap at the moment, bigging up his characters, his plots, his plans, his actors when everyone else is saying the exact opposite thing.

YET he still has enough viewers to justify his status as the head of the show, it seems and he is laughing all the way to the bank while we are all increasingly becoming baffled at what the show has become.

I swear, there must be some sort of hold he has over the ITV bosses. Perhaps he knows some terrible secrets about ITV, a la BBC and for his silence ITV have promised to keep him on.

That Zeedan kid was the worst part of last night which is an accomplishment in itself considering the show had some ridiculous moments (Laddergate, Accepting a proposal halfway down a burning building, Sean, breaking into the builders yard without a key, gas on a mini balcony, throwing the chair randomly over a balcony, Sean, Liz and Tracy dubbed over voice, Emergency crews typically arriving just when every person was either safe or dead, Sean, dumping the bodybag at the front entrance like a bin bag in front of everyone, the fact that they didnt even have an ambulance ready for him in case he was still alive, the Nazir taxis just pulling up randomly, Sean, the fact that noone even enquired about the other apartments whether they were occupied, Sean, Kevin not even asking why the living room was in a mess and his girlfriend was clearly in an awful state, the fact that 15 apartments happened to be unoccupied late at night midweek the night the fire happened to occur, Kals pathetic sheepish attempts to stop Leanne running into the burning building in the first place - reminded me of that sarcastic priest on Fr. Ted who was trying to convince Mrs. Doyle to let him out of Fr Jacks underwear hamper........."Oh please don't let me out"...............Kal "Oh, don't go in there Leanne...........please,........." whilst making no physical attempt to restrain her, just merely tiptoeing after her...........--- .

The whole thing was a mess. At least Fair City which is just so bad , is so bad its funny. This isn't even funny, its baffling!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

How on earth did kal,Leanne and Amy not feel the intense heat of the fire when they were in the apartment trapped.? When I kneel by my open fireplace in the winter fire lit,I can barely manage a couple of minutes before the heat starts to get a bit to hot.
    Also if I remember,when there was the emergency services required before in a big story line,the "ring road" was closed. An emergency service should never be more than a few minutes away in the uk. It was crap all round.tracy didn't look hysterical her daughter was in an inferno. Kal made no attempt to man up and take control when Amy refused to get on the ladder. Where was the other residents of the block? Please don't say they were the extras watching on with arms folded.
    Shambles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement