Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I wonder what the reaction to the drama was like on the British tabloids?

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

Seriously bored of Tracys' never ending get out of jail cards. There's never any consequences other than a few snide remarks and looks for her actions and within a week it's all forgotten. Even nearly killing her daughter will be excused by " I didn't know she was in there" or " I didn't start the fire on purpose" . So predictable and boring :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

bodhi085 wrote: »
    How on earth did kal,Leanne and Amy not feel the intense heat of the fire when they were in the apartment trapped.? When I kneel by my open fireplace in the winter fire lit,I can barely manage a couple of minutes before the heat starts to get a bit to hot.
    Also if I remember,when there was the emergency services required before in a big story line,the "ring road" was closed. An emergency service should never be more than a few minutes away in the uk. It was crap all round.tracy didn't look hysterical her daughter was in an inferno. Kal made no attempt to man up and take control when Amy refused to get on the ladder. Where was the other residents of the block? Please don't say they were the extras watching on with arms folded.
    Shambles.

Kal, the man who apparently trained in the army and fought in Afghanistan was a joke in the face of what should have been a routine emergency escape! He actually could have been a good edgy character if they used him right but they tried to turn him into Mr. Allround Nice Guy who is friends with everyone and not offensive in anyway with a dull personality! Talk about boring and pointless!

The fire scenes were ridiculous. First you have Carla choking like a turkey with only a tiny bit of smoke and small sporadic fires just randomly sparking in different places in the room initially. Then you had Amy who was the longest in the fire not cough once, being able to have a clear voice and no effects and her skin not showing any semblance of being in a fire!

Then Leanne and Kalor Gas again not a cough between them and able to hold onto a door handle between them for a good minute when any normal person would have their hands burned off them touching metal in a fire like that!

And let us not talk about the fact that the carpet didnt go up in flames, just all these random little fires sporadically around the room!!

Like the bus crash. A wasted opportunity to kill off so much dead wood characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

This man is actually deluded. There is not much more point in discussing it anymore. I actually hopes he stays for longer, destroys the show more and the executives realise how 1diotic they have been. Maybe he is the smartest man in the world. he certainly doesn't care what othrs think and he is the greatest PR bluffer I have ever seen. He is the only person praising the soap at the moment, bigging up his characters, his plots, his plans, his actors when everyone else is saying the exact opposite thing.

YET he still has enough viewers to justify his status as the head of the show, it seems and he is laughing all the way to the bank while we are all increasingly becoming baffled at what the show has become.

I swear, there must be some sort of hold he has over the ITV bosses. Perhaps he knows some terrible secrets about ITV, a la BBC and for his silence ITV have promised to keep him on.

That Zeedan kid was the worst part of last night which is an accomplishment in itself considering the show had some ridiculous moments (Laddergate, Accepting a proposal halfway down a burning building, Sean, breaking into the builders yard without a key, gas on a mini balcony, throwing the chair randomly over a balcony, Sean, Liz and Tracy dubbed over voice, Emergency crews typically arriving just when every person was either safe or dead, Sean, dumping the bodybag at the front entrance like a bin bag in front of everyone, the fact that they didnt even have an ambulance ready for him in case he was still alive, the Nazir taxis just pulling up randomly, Sean, the fact that noone even enquired about the other apartments whether they were occupied, Sean, Kevin not even asking why the living room was in a mess and his girlfriend was clearly in an awful state, the fact that 15 apartments happened to be unoccupied late at night midweek the night the fire happened to occur, Kals pathetic sheepish attempts to stop Leanne running into the burning building in the first place - reminded me of that sarcastic priest on Fr. Ted who was trying to convince Mrs. Doyle to let him out of Fr Jacks underwear hamper........."Oh please don't let me out"...............Kal "Oh, don't go in there Leanne...........please,........." whilst making no physical attempt to restrain her, just merely tiptoeing after her...........--- .

The whole thing was a mess. At least Fair City which is just so bad , is so bad its funny. This isn't even funny, its baffling!!

Ya ur right, they whole thing was ridiculous and whats even worse about Kal going into the fire is that his kids had already lost one parent. Hey who was writting for corrie when they did the tram crash because that was very well done.

fin12 wrote: »
    Ya ur right, they whole thing was ridiculous and whats even worse about Kal going into the fire is that his kids had already lost one parent. Hey who was writting for corrie when they did the tram crash because that was very well done.

In fairness, Blackburn was the Head of Emmerdale when they done the Live episode 2012 (when Carl was killed) and that was excellent but considering he had damaged that show considerably and it has seen a massive increase in quality since he left I doubt he had much input overall into that. Even the climax of the Tony/Tracy story was anti-climatic. Just a simple "we were having an affair" followed by a ridiculous not funny scene involving Sean and Delilah Dingle trying to restrain Liz attacking a dog. I mean, seriously?? And nice that the platts didn't mind having Les Dennis, a man who can apparently drop dead with the merest of shocks in front of an exploding building!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Went back to the tram crash event and even though it was four and half years ago it still gave me shivers. The way the scene flits around from character to character, the look of the tram flying off the rail as the back lurches up and down onto the shop, the fact that the episode ends with about a dozen unconfirmed character statuses...I know that not every crisis can be as big budget effects wise as that event but they can at least try to create as much tension.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Very handy Kevin carrying the giant boltcutters around too. He always new they'd come in handy someday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

That jenny bradley bird is a proper milf. Would love to give her a right good pasting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I love Carla & Roy's friendship.

funtime93 wrote: »
    That jenny bradley bird is a proper milf. Would love to give her a right good pasting

get back in to your cage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

I hate these kinda storylines, innocent characters getting the blame whilst Tracy gets away with it. I bet it's gonna be dragged out now where everyone thinks Carlas to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Tracy is so evil!!! Poor Carla :-(

I love Norris but do they have to have him make a smart snidy comment at every time someone has made a mistake?? Every time? It kind of takes away fromm the joke when you expect him to do it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

funtime93 wrote: »

Hey she could be like that Amy from Gone Girl, she'll probably kill you while your sleeping with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭mapaca

What did Leanne mean when she said this is the second time Carla has taken a man from her? Was she talking about Peter? Cos in fairness, she did Leanne a favour really, taking the cheating alco off her hands.....

Was really hoping Amy would say "but Mum, she DID blow out the candle, I saw her!" and scupper Tracey altogether. Might still happen.

I was also wondering if they would have Tracey filled with remorse and guilt at nearly having killed her own daughter, hmmm.

I was disappointed too with the lack of a Liz/Tony showdown. Would like to see him get his comeuppance instead of vanishing.

Another point (and then I'm going, I promise!) - Surely the emergency services would not have just dumped Kal's body on the street like that?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,189 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Carla also ratted Leanne out as a prossie and caused Liam to dump her.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭mapaca

spurious wrote: »
    Carla also ratted Leanne out as a prossie and caused Liam to dump her.

Ah right, I had forgotten that, seems like 100 years ago now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

The story line is unreal another fire. Crap acting

The best actor in the show is Simon

And there was Tracy showing no remorse for nearly killing Amy

And then Liz's fancy man dose a dissapearing act

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

Blackburn should be tied to a chair and made watch his own rubbish if he thinks the Nazirs are the future of Coronation Street. He obviously doesn't watch the finished shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I stopped watching Eastenders for years because of the unbearably maddening Ben/mad bat Stella storyline. I can't tolerate intensely annoying storylines of injustice. This Carla/Tracy/candle thing may just tip me over the edge and I am sorely tempted to switch off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Getting tired of the whole thing.

When Liz first arrived at the scene she immediately started accusing Carla: I left you to look after Amy. etc etc

Not a whit of interest in whether Carla herself was near dead or anything like that. That is something Carla should remember. Next thing wasn't Liz buddy buddy again with Carla in the pub defending her against all and sundry.

Taking so long to get down a (very acute angled ladder) admittedly. Yapping on the way down.

Army man Kal not taking charge of the situation when first going into the flat. Hiding behind Leann's coat tails almost. Being indecisive inside the flat. Trying to reason with Amy instead of grabbing her and getting on with it.

Where is Tony by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Ghekko wrote: »
    Omg the stupid cow. Saying yes while stalling on the ladder. Why could he not have hopped onto it while she was half way down. Frustrating!!!

That has to be one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen on a soap!! Normal people would be in a panic to get out of there as fast as possible!! She should have been screaming at him to get on the ladder instead of looking up to him as casually as if he were just standing at the top of the stairs!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

brooke 2 wrote: »
    That has to be one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen on a soap!! Normal people would be in a panic to get out of there as fast as possible!! She should have been screaming at him to get on the ladder instead of looking up to him as casually as if he were just standing at the top of the stairs!!! :(

Agree - too much stalling!! If I knew I wasn't going to make it down the ladder in time before the gas blew up I would have jumped - broken leg(s) or dead - i'll take the broken legs!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,260 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Robsweezie wrote: »
    I hate these kinda storylines, innocent characters getting the blame whilst Tracy gets away with it. I bet it's gonna be dragged out now where everyone thinks Carlas to blame.

Carla herself even thinks she is to blame

Has Tracy still got Michelle's keys?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Carla herself even thinks she is to blame

Has Tracy still got Michelle's keys?

I was thinking about the keys too. I hope Ken finds them and she gets her comeuppance sooner rather than later. But knowing the way it's been going, we'll never hear about the keys again.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,260 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did David say Nick's flat only had smoke damage so his flat and possessions are all fine, despite the blazing fire and explosion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did David say Nick's flat only had smoke damage so his flat and possessions are all fine, despite the blazing fire and explosion

Indeed. Just like all Carlas clothes will be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Ah, but what does a "permanent contract" mean?....is it for life or for a week?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Ah, but what does a "permanent contract" mean?....is it for life or for a week?

Neither.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement