Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

She'll probably take over the Factory from Carla. Wasn't she supposed to be caring for her mother? Might we be getting another Blanche/Phillis/Maud?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Oh no....I don't like her character at all. Didn't even warm to the actress in Big Brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Ann22 wrote: »
    Oh no....I don't like her character at all. Didn't even warm to the actress in Big Brother.
    I didn't see BB but I don't like the character either. Also, she's supposed to be 49 but I think she seems older and I think the pregnancy storyline is crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

They should have brought in Patsy Kensit fo the role Claire King is in. I haven't even heard the characters involved make a conversation about the dangers of her having a child at 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

I'm not a fan of Claire King either. I was in the audience of a show she was interviewed in once and some of the other guests were getting hammered backstage and the rowdiness could be heard from the studio. She was furious that the attention was being taken away from what she called "her time".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Was it on last night? 7.30 tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Chucken wrote: »
    Was it on last night? 7.30 tonight.

last night was sunday

Its always on at 7.30

last night was sunday

Its always on at 7.30

So it was :o

Bank holiday mixed up head!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

They should have brought in Patsy Kensit fo the role Claire King is in. I haven't even heard the characters involved make a conversation about the dangers of her having a child at 50.

she seems to think the whole thing is funny being pregnant at 50.

Oh finally Michael finds out!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭baldbear

Is Tony in the fire too?and is Karol 100% toast?

They made a big boo boo regarding Kals funeral. No way it would be on Friday as according to Islamic law, the body should be buried as soon as possible from the time of death.

Where did Bethany disappear to? One minute she was sitting on the chair, then Gail slides into it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

WHOOOOAAAHHHH !!! Maddie dead !

I honestly didn't see that coming. Hope Stuart Blackburn sticks to his word and leaves as well.

Chucken wrote: »
    They made a big boo boo regarding Kals funeral. No way it would be on Friday as according to Islamic law, the body should be buried as soon as possible from the time of death.

It's more a tradition than a law. Comes from the body starting to decompose very quickly in hot climates. I lived in Muslim countries for about 8 years and some were buried that day or the next, but it's becoming more common to chill the bodies where possible and bury them a few days later if it means having them buried in a distant place or waiting for relatives to travel to the burial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

This Gavin storyline has to go down as one of the worst in soap history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

JustTheOne wrote: »
    This Gavin storyline has to go down as one of the worst in soap history.

It has some competition- I still think the baby swap one with Michelle stank to high heaven

• Registered Users Posts: 86,260 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

You would think Stella and Eva would return to be there for Leanne now after Kal's death

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ballinasloex

Think it's gas tonight! Couldn't stop laughing when 'gavin' was telling michael he dident want to look at the album cause he use to smoke :L very good haha..

Corrie 50th nothing will ever top it a disaster story that lasted a full week it was amazing really on the edge of seat stuff acting was top notch

Red Kev wrote: »

It's more a tradition than a law. Comes from the body starting to decompose very quickly in hot climates. I lived in Muslim countries for about 8 years and some were buried that day or the next, but it's becoming more common to chill the bodies where possible and bury them a few days later if it means having them buried in a distant place or waiting for relatives to travel to the burial.

It is not permissible for Muslims to delay the burial in order for the maximum number of relatives to see the deceased, as is common practice among other communities. Once death is evident, the body should be prepared and taken out of the house for prayer and burial as soon as possible. In this way, contact with the dead body is minimized, which keeps the grief and hurt of seeing the dead down to a minimum.

http://sunnahonline.com/library/fiqh-and-sunnah/276-funerals-according-to-the-quran-and-sunnah#h12-3-hastening-the-burial

• Advertisement

efb wrote: »
    It has some competition- I still think the baby swap one with Michelle stank to high heaven

I've forgotten that one...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

I've forgotten that one...

So has everyone on Coronation Street!

When Michelle read out her card from Ryan I found myself pondering whether or not she had one from Alex too...

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭mapaca

I really like the scene where the penny finally drops for Michael: "Which one of you is not my son?" His reaction tonight was v good. Good contrast with the earlier scene where his shopping list blew away/he was doing the usual bumbling eejit routine.

Poor Maddie, I was just getting to like her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Jesus, tonights episode was dire. The michael and Gail part was cringeworthy.

On a brighter note it looks like the following people are leaving:

Jenny
    Michael
    Gavin/Andy
    Maddeh(has basically left)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,260 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

syklops wrote: »
    Jesus, tonights episode was dire. The michael and Gail part was cringeworthy.

On a brighter note it looks like the following people are leaving:

Jenny
    Michael
    Gavin/Andy
    Maddeh(has basically left)

Les Dennis (Michael) signed a new contract

I hope Gandy is staying around, the street needs eye candy :p

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Les Dennis (Michael) signed a new contract

This does not make me happy! I hoped when he left the house tonight he was heading back to presenting game shows!
    No doubt Michael will accept him as his son.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Yeah it was a shame Maddie was killed off.
    She annoyed me for most of her stay on the cobbles, but in the last few weeks I was starting to like her.

Are you for real? He's a right gomb. The lights might be on, but there's certainly no one home.

I feel sorry for Andy he really wanted Michael to be his dad :( he is handsome also

• Advertisement

Amy see Gail's face in the kitchen when candy was talking to Michael in the sitting room Skype face is she made and collapsed into her own hands was hilarious the look of fcuk it I give up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement