Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

mb1725 wrote: »
    It's supposed to be the middle of summer and they are all going around in jackets and coats. :confused:

Gareh: Your cold. Do you want my coat?

This is around 5pm in June. She wasnt even in short sleeves.

Without being graphic, I really doubt Jason could sleep with Alya and not realise she was a virgin.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

syklops wrote: »
    Gareh:

Without being graphic, I really doubt Jason could sleep with Alya and not realise she was a virgin.
    yes I agree and I think they showed him having 2 double whiskeys in the Rovers so we would think he was too drunk to notice, i'm not sure if she ever drank before but she was acting drunk after a can or two. Either way she wanted to sleep with someone sure she asked Gary twice tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

casio4 wrote: »
    yes I agree and I think they showed him having 2 double whiskeys in the Rovers so we would think he was too drunk to notice,

Well I'm sure the females of the board will attest to this, you'd have to be unconscious to not realise something was up. The first time for most women is a messy, painful ordeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

WTF was that tshirt stuff? Is this being written by children or a computer program or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Gareh: Your cold. Do you want my coat?

This is around 5pm in June. She wasnt even in short sleeves.

Why unless you dont tell them how are they supposed to know,

• Advertisement

Well I'm sure the females of the board will attest to this, you'd have to be unconscious to not realise something was up. The first time for most women is a messy, painful ordeal.

I honestly dont think a lot of guys would know you are a virgin unless you tell them especially when drink is involved, and I am female.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

The first time for most women is a messy, painful ordeal.

No, it's not, unless both of them are completely clueless.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

If Jason can head upstairs, deflower a virgin, and return downstairs 3 minutes later, fully dressed, then he should stop wondering why women are always dumping him.

Poor Jason he is a decent guy always getting dumped

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

So frustrating to watch Kevin trying to talk Jenny down "I can only imagine what it's like to lose your child. Please don't put me through it." Eh,you have been through it you ridiculous man. I just can't understand how the actors themselves (Kevin,Sally etc) could not remember these major events in their characters' lives??? Same with Sarah speculating on what Kevin must be going through having his child kidnapped,even though she should have a fairly good idea given that Bethany was kidnapped from her TWICE - once by Alison & once by Neil's mother!! Not a single reference to these either of course. So nonsensical & unrealistic. Grrrrrrrrr!

Ok,rant over. At least we had T-shirtgate to keep us entertained throughout...... ;-)

• Advertisement

MelanieC wrote: »
    So frustrating to watch Kevin trying to talk Jenny down "I can only imagine what it's like to lose your child. Please don't put me through it." Eh,you have been through it u ridiculous man. I can't understand how the actors themselves (Kevin,Sally etc) could not remember these major events in their characters' lives??? Same with Sarah commenting on what Kev

ya didnt his wife that die kidnapp bethany for a while so then sarah was saying cant imagine your child being kidnapped, that's really bad form for a soap havent seen something like that happen in any other soap

You would think Kevin would remember over everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭bobbyss

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Michael Le Vell who plays Kevin doesn't even look like he cares about this storyline, his acting is awful not even panto bad like the actresses who play Sophie and Rita

Rant warning:

I used to think that Dev was the worst actor on the street but there are other candidates. But there's something about Kevin. When Rita was on the phone to Jenny and asking her some very important questions some of which were:

'Is Jack (is that the baby's name?) all right? Is he ok? Is he safe? Kevin was up close to her and the phone and looking at her. You might have thought he would be in a heightened state, an anxious state. She might as well have been ordering a pizza for all the angst he summoned. My God.

So I would say old Kev is pressing Dev at the top of the charts. Sarah is pushing herself into the top five as well but she will have to displace David, Rita and that Alyia one. Where did she get that awful accent by the way? Where did she go to 'uni' ? The University of Chelsea?

When Hayley died, Roy was in Peter's flat (apartment?) for some reason (maybe to see Carla) and he commiserated with him. Then quick as a flash Peter lost patience with him as I think he had other things on his mind and basically shuffled him out the door and told him to leave essentially. Do the scriptwriters not realise that you don't deal with people like that? Who are these script writers anyway?

And, before I forget, in the exchanges that Carla had with the locals and the finger pointing she has endured didn't Aliya, maybe when her brother was about to throw a rock at her car, say to him 'she's not worth it' which was very audible to Carla (her employer) Yet there she is still in the factory apparently meeting men in pub to cut a deal.

'Take me to bed'. Quick, where's that bucket? Ughhh .. Memo to scriptwriters:This is not a steamy Hollywood blockbuster but a gritty (?) northern drama.

Rant over.

bobbyss wrote: »
    Rant warning:

And, before I forget, in the exchanges that Carla had with the locals and the finger pointing she has endured didn't Aliya, maybe when her brother was about to throw a rock at her car, say to him 'she's not worth it' which was very audible to Carla (her employer) Yet there she is still in the factory apparently meeting men in pub to cut a deal.

She also said to her brother she was going to learn all she could from the factory and then steal clients for herself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Am I the only one who thinks it a bit odd that Chez Windass still has framed school photos of the Armstrong girls on the wall?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Jikashi wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks it a bit odd that Chez Windass still has framed school photos of the Armstrong girls on the wall?

I always assumed that was supposed to be a picture of young Gary (though it does look like Chesney). Though it is kinda weird that Anna would still have photos of the girls since she broke up with Owen. (know that I think of it, would Owen not want to take those pictures for himself when he was leaving!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Friday's episodes were farcical, (I just caught up today), I laughed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I'm glad Faye finally got to say "you're not listening to me" & actually make someone listen to her when she says she doesn't want the baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Awwwww Tim ❤

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Oliverdog wrote: »
    If Jason can head upstairs, deflower a virgin, and return downstairs 3 minutes later, fully dressed, then he should stop wondering why women are always dumping him.

I doubt virgin Alya is on the pill so can we expects a Jason junior in the coming months

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Mary is a legend. :D

• Advertisement

Tim played a blinder tonight and manned up to the situation his family were in and sorted it out, Anna cant keep covering over the cracks, a baby cries a lot and they are in a small flat so Faye cannot get away from the noise. I find it hard to understand how Anna is not getting the message from Faye that she doesn't want Miley. I know Faye grew up without her parents and Anna doesn't want history repeating itself but they are all struggling in that tiny flat.

Why was Sally as Tim's other half not at Miley's christening?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

She said the other day that she had to go down to see Rosie so she wouldn't be there.

Rosie has split with her boyfriend and rang Sally to tell her, she is heartbroken so Sally told Tim she was going to be with her daughter as she is so upset and Tim said ah get away with that your going to go on a shopping spree with her and Sally said oh what a good idea never thought of that :D

I doubt virgin Alya is on the pill so can we expects a Jason junior in the coming months

ya probably seeing as no one uses condom's in soaps.

fin12 wrote: »

She will have to jump in the sack with Gary to cover up or confess the truth to him

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Corrie has been pretty crap for ages now, but is it just me or is it getting worse by the episode?

Anyone else think Dev's new friend he meet in India is only out to fleece and con him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

fin12 wrote: »

Or probably due to the fact that soap one night stands lead to a 99% rate of pregnancies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Anyone else notice that Tim's reading was perfect last night?? I know he was learning to read....but it has really come on!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement