Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Anyone else notice that Tim's reading was perfect last night?? I know he was learning to read....but it has really come on!!

Was it not just song lyrics that used to be sung at him? He said something about him being told it before. I took the term "reading" to be loose and that he was simply remembering words he heard rather than reading new ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Yes, I took to be more that he was more or less reciting it, rather than having to read it, as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

Lloyd's been on that fishing boat all that time?

That outfit he came bk in was just ....ew
    Stupid T Shirt storyline

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    syklops wrote: »

Without being graphic, I really doubt Jason could sleep with Alya and not realise she was a virgin.

ya the ouchs and the blood shoulda given it away
    Oliverdog wrote: »
    If Jason can head upstairs, deflower a virgin, and return downstairs 3 minutes later, fully dressed, then he should stop wondering why women are always dumping him.

i wasnt even sure they had gone through with it TBH only copped when she told him she had been a virgin
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    She will have to jump in the sack with Gary to cover up or confess the truth to him

Well pretty big ginger gene to just not have and considering jasons darker than gary itl be so obvious
    Anyone else think Dev's new friend he meet in India is only out to fleece and con him

I find it really stupid that before he went to india we had WEEKS of him and julie pining after each other and the will they/wont they thing.. and now all of a sudden hes fawning after leathery bones
    LynnGrace wrote: »
    Yes, I took to be more that he was more or less reciting it, rather than having to read it, as such.

I liked it- i was worried he was gonna start singing it though-I hate when they do that in soaps- emmerdales a fecker for it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

That outfit he came bk in was just ....ew

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ya the ouchs and the blood shoulda given it away

i wasnt even sure they had gone through with it TBH only copped when she told him she had been a virgin

Well pretty big ginger gene to just not have and considering jasons darker than gary itl be so obvious

I find it really stupid that before he went to india we had WEEKS of him and julie pining after each other and the will they/wont they thing.. and now all of a sudden hes fawning after leathery bones

I liked it- i was worried he was gonna start singing it though-I hate when they do that in soaps- emmerdales a fecker for it :(

I dont know if you are female but not everybody bleeds after their first time, its a misconception really and its a dangerous one to believe as well as there have been women killed in some countries by their husbands because they didn't bleed and therefore accused them of not being virgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

fin12 wrote: »
    I dont know if you are female but not everybody bleeds after their first time, its a misconception really and its a dangerous one to believe as well as there have been women killed in some countries by their husbands because they didn't bleed and therefore accused them of not being virgins.

Not all women bleed but of all the women I have ever traded war stories with (I am one also) the first time was very painful for all. I'm sure Jason would have known or at least guessed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

ivytwine wrote: »
    Not all women bleed but of all the women I have ever traded war stories with (I am one also) the first time was very painful for all. I'm sure Jason would have known or at least guessed.

well I'm speaking as a female as well and dont agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

well I'm speaking as a female as well and dont agree.

Perhaps everyone I know had awful first times!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Faye was right about one thing and this is common in most soaps, why were they having a christening when none of them have even seen a church, never mind been in one ?:). Anna gave the silly answer, i.e "ITS WHAT IS DONE".

OK, it might have implications if they were getting married, but very few stay together anyway(in soaps).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Ok, so not everyone bleeds, but it would have been uncomfortable and I'd be surprised if Jason wouldn't notice she wasnt having the greatest time of it.

Lets hope it is a misconception! A mini Jason would be too much to bear!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Lets hope it is a misconception! A mini Jason would be too much to bear!

It took me a few minutes to get that. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Dreadful script and acting for and from Bethany.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

loved the scenes with Carla and Nick the rest was brutal even Julie falling over didn't get even a smile out of me :(

Carla and Nick are good together.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Carla and Nick are good together.

Yes I agree I do like them together

Where is Carla living now, still with Roy or back at her apartment next to Nick?

Yes I agree I do like them together

Where is Carla living now, still with Roy or back at her apartment next to Nick?

Still with Roy AFAIK. Not for long maybe. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

In one of Coronation Street’s most heartbreaking storylines, Fiz Brown’s daughter Hope will be diagnosed with a highly aggressive cancer.
    The five-year-old, who was diagnosed with a hole in the heart in 2011, faces another crisis when she is hit by neuroblastoma.
    A soap source said: “Producers have gone to great lengths to understand as much about this cancer as possible.
    “They want to portray accurately and sensitively what must be a very distressing time for parents and sufferers alike.
    “These will be some of the most heart-wrenching scenes ever seen on the show.”
    Corrie bosses have consulted the charity Neuroblastoma Children’s Cancer Alliance, doctors and parents of children who have the cancer.
    Neuroblastoma, which often develops in the adrenal glands can spread to areas including bones, liver and skin. It makes up 8% of children’s cancers.
    Fewer than 100 children in the UK are diagnosed each year with most aged five or younger.
    The scenes, which will be aired later this year, come after Hayley Cropper was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last year.
    Corrie’s cancer storyline may prove particularly hard for Jennie McAlpine, 30, who plays Fiz.
    She has just returned to the show after giving birth to her own baby, Albert, six months ago.
    Blood was donated from Albert’s umbilical cord to the Anthony Nolan Trust which has a unit at St Mary’s Hospital, Manchester, to help someone in need of a stem-cell transplant.
    “The hospital was brilliant,” Jennie said. “The staff looked after me and all the other mums so well. I’m in awe of them.
    “Albert got a little vest saying, ‘I’m a born lifesaver’. It’s amazing to think he could help save someone.”

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

^^^^^

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse. Seems like this will be upsetting all round! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

I have to say the storyline with Erica stirred no emotions in me at all. Maybe because we haven't had time or reason to grow attached to her but it didn't reach me at all, unlike when Carla miscarried before and you could almost feel the pain of her loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    I have to say the storyline with Erica stirred no emotions in me at all. Maybe because we haven't had time or reason to grow attached to her but it didn't reach me at all, unlike when Carla miscarried before and you could almost feel the pain of her loss.

I felt more sorry for Tim tonight

• Advertisement

I felt for Tim when the baby was taken I had a lump in my throath:o I hope they don't put Anna and Tim together

the scene with Tim and the baby on Maxines bench was lovely and nearly had me in tears :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

casio4 wrote: »
    I hope they don't put Anna and Tim together

Oh good God no! Poor Tim, he does not deserve that.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭jaded_pause

I got the Anna and Tim vibe too, for some weird reason I always assumed that would be how it would go. As much as I enjoy Sally and Tim's escapades, I always felt like Sally thought she was too good for him or something. Either way I can see Anna dragging him and his character that we've all come to love down to what she drove Owen to. I hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭threetrees

I thought the Tim-Miley scene was way more emotional than Erica's shake of the head to indicate she lost the baby. Carla's scene reliving her miscarriage was more emotional than Erica's actual miscarriage. Tough episode.

Missed most of tonight's episodes. I would think it a big mistake if the writers/ producers split Tim and Sally, one of the few good things that the Street has going for it, IMO, that particular relationship, pure comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Sally is an insufferable snob but Tim seems pretty well able to handle her. He's able to genuinely shrug it off with a 'gerraway outta that Sal' attitude whereas her stratospheric self aggrandising nonsense would drive me up the wall.

Sally must love the comedy role after all the dreary years with Kev and the girls, and endless preparation of egg and chips for tea. :D
    I also like the fact that Kev and Tim get on well, and have a bit of a laugh when Sally goes OTT about things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

I think Mary is great!
    Should be used much more for comedy.

• Advertisement

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Sally must love the comedy role after all the dreary years with Kev and the girls, and endless preparation of egg and chips for tea. :D
    I also like the fact that Kev and Tim get on well, and have a bit of a laugh when Sally goes OTT about things.

In fairness to her Sallyness, she did once serve up cauliflower cheese for Kev and the gurls tea.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement