Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

In fairness to her Sallyness, she did once serve up cauliflower cheese for Kev and the gurls tea.

:D
    I don't doubt it.

kitten_k wrote: »
    In one of Coronation Street’s most heartbreaking storylines, Fiz Brown’s daughter Hope will be diagnosed with a highly aggressive cancer.
    The five-year-old, who was diagnosed with a hole in the heart in 2011, faces another crisis when she is hit by neuroblastoma.
    A soap source said: “Producers have gone to great lengths to understand as much about this cancer as possible.
    “They want to portray accurately and sensitively what must be a very distressing time for parents and sufferers alike.
    “These will be some of the most heart-wrenching scenes ever seen on the show.”
    Corrie bosses have consulted the charity Neuroblastoma Children’s Cancer Alliance, doctors and parents of children who have the cancer.
    Neuroblastoma, which often develops in the adrenal glands can spread to areas including bones, liver and skin. It makes up 8% of children’s cancers.
    Fewer than 100 children in the UK are diagnosed each year with most aged five or younger.
    The scenes, which will be aired later this year, come after Hayley Cropper was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last year.
    Corrie’s cancer storyline may prove particularly hard for Jennie McAlpine, 30, who plays Fiz.
    She has just returned to the show after giving birth to her own baby, Albert, six months ago.
    Blood was donated from Albert’s umbilical cord to the Anthony Nolan Trust which has a unit at St Mary’s Hospital, Manchester, to help someone in need of a stem-cell transplant.
    “The hospital was brilliant,” Jennie said. “The staff looked after me and all the other mums so well. I’m in awe of them.
    “Albert got a little vest saying, ‘I’m a born lifesaver’. It’s amazing to think he could help save someone.”

Her name is
    Hope & has Cancer
    I laughed I am going to Hell

Coronation Street's Sally Webster and Tim Metcalfe to get engaged

Love these two together :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Is it just me, or does anyone else find this strange.
    kals daughter working for the woman who 'murdered' her father.

Could you still work for someone who you blamed for your father dying?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

deise08 wrote: »
    Is it just me, or does anyone else find this strange.
    kals daughter working for the woman who 'murdered' her father.

Could you still work for someone who you blamed for your father dying?

I thought she was trying to sabotage / use Carla to steal her clients and further her own career in "fashion"..Could be wrong.

It's a bit ridiculous that she is treating Carla like rubbish and disrespecting her by making snide comments and acting like a brat. She needs to realise that she has chosen to continuing working for Carla so she should treat her with respect.

The sooner Michelle realises Carla's keys are missing from her bag, the sooner Tracy will be found out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Looking forward to the cat fight in part 2 between Eileen and Gail. :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Liz's new boyfriend seems like a dick.

I love Julie's self confidence & her conviction that she doesn't deserve to have her heart broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

ShazGV wrote: »
    Liz's new boyfriend seems like a dick.

I love Julie's self confidence & her conviction that she doesn't deserve to have her heart broken.

The dinner scene was nice! Good for making Dev look daft and giving Julie backbone. But it feels like a shame after all that will they/won't they.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I agree, that dinner scene was one of the best things Corrie has done in ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Julie deserves so much better than Brian and Dev

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

fin12 wrote: »
    I dont know if you are female but not everybody bleeds after their first time, its a misconception really and its a dangerous one to believe as well as there have been women killed in some countries by their husbands because they didn't bleed and therefore accused them of not being virgins.

ya im a woman.I bled- assume everyone else did
    Coronation Street's Sally Webster and Tim Metcalfe to get engaged

Love these two together :D

yay

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Who was responsible for choreographing that feeble scrap between Gail and Eileen? Not a scratch on either of them. I have always believed that hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.
    Next time please, something along the lines of that fight in Grosse Point Blank, when John Cusack finished off Dan Aykroyd with a 36" CRT television as a hat. No hair conditioner was used.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Oliverdog wrote: »
    Who was responsible for choreographing that feeble scrap between Gail and Eileen? Not a scratch on either of them. I have always believed that hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.
    Next time please, something along the lines of that fight in Grosse Point Blank, when John Cusack finished off Dan Aykroyd with a 36" CRT television as a hat. No hair conditioner was used.

ya that fight was terrible, they had a way better one a few years ago when Sarah told Gail that Todd was gay and cheating on her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Great scene alright, topped off by Jasons reaction to Todd coming out. And Fred, I say, I say, Fred Elliot and his lady.

Gail has history though..... :pac:

And there's an excellent programme on her character here, the Richard Hillman bits are especially good.

Tracy Barlow will be left heartbroken next week when she learns that her mother Deirdre has passed away.
    Bev Unwin will deliver the devastating news as the family gather at The Rovers for a surprise party to celebrate Deirdre's 60th birthday.
    Although Tracy and Ken are initially united in their grief for Deirdre, Ken's hurt will turn to anger when he learns from Bev that Tracy's affair with Tony was the reason why his wife stayed away from Weatherfield for so long.

(How would Deirdre have known about the affair? This is annoying because it looks like they are making this more about Tracy than Deirdre, RIP)

Tracy's really struggling on the day of the funeral. She's in bits over her mum and also struggling with guilt over the fire, but Ken's still being really cold and she's only just holding it together. So when Tracy spots Robert she's shocked but overwhelmed to see a familiar face and loves that he is there to support and care for her. Tracy and Robert will share a kiss.

Ken is furious to find Tracy kissing Robert on the day of the funeral. They're in his house and that's not what Ken expected to see when he got home. He shouts at Robert to get out, he thinks Tracy's sunk lower than ever but she just wanted to blot out the pain.
    Peter arrives while Tracy's in the midst of a massive row with Ken. Yes she's pleased to see him but his timing is not great. She's angry with Ken, she's so angry that Peter missed the funeral and she just erupts. They all give each other a few home truths.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Tracy Barlow will be left heartbroken next week when she learns that her mother Deirdre has passed away.
    Bev Unwin will deliver the devastating news as the family gather at The Rovers for a surprise party to celebrate Deirdre's 60th birthday.
    Although Tracy and Ken are initially united in their grief for Deirdre, Ken's hurt will turn to anger when he learns from Bev that Tracy's affair with Tony was the reason why his wife stayed away from Weatherfield for so long.

(How would Deirdre have known about the affair? This is annoying because it looks like they are making this more about Tracy than Deirdre, RIP)

Tracy's really struggling on the day of the funeral. She's in bits over her mum and also struggling with guilt over the fire, but Ken's still being really cold and she's only just holding it together. So when Tracy spots Robert she's shocked but overwhelmed to see a familiar face and loves that he is there to support and care for her. Tracy and Robert will share a kiss.

Ken is furious to find Tracy kissing Robert on the day of the funeral. They're in his house and that's not what Ken expected to see when he got home. He shouts at Robert to get out, he thinks Tracy's sunk lower than ever but she just wanted to blot out the pain.
    Peter arrives while Tracy's in the midst of a massive row with Ken. Yes she's pleased to see him but his timing is not great. She's angry with Ken, she's so angry that Peter missed the funeral and she just erupts. They all give each other a few home truths.

Who is Robert? I can only think of Rob but he is in prison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Who is Robert? I can only think of Rob but he is in prison.

She was married to a guy called Robert Preston in the 90's. I presume its him.

I hope they don't make a complete pigs arse out of Deirdre's funeral.

EDIT.. It is him. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Coronation_Street_characters_(1996)#Robert_Preston

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

its been depressing watching it with the characters under the impression that Deirdre is still alive :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Red Kev wrote: »
    She was married to a guy called Robert Preston in the 90's. I presume its him.

EDIT.. It is him. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Coronation_Street_characters_(1996)#Robert_Preston

Oh ok, I don't remember him. Thanks.

Red Kev wrote: »

Seems it was the same writer who wrote Blanche's funeral scenes, who wrote Deirdre's, but given what passes for Corrie these days, I'm not very hopeful. :(

I want to be proven wrong, in this instance.
    Deirdre was one of my all time favourites and I hate to think that she won't be given the farewell she so much deserves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Seems it was the same writer who wrote Blanche's funeral scenes, who wrote Deirdre's, but given what passes for Corrie these days, I'm not very hopeful. :(

I want to be proven wrong, in this instance.
    Deirdre was one of my all time favourites and I hate to think that she won't be given the farewell she so much deserves.

I wouldn't hold your breathe seeing as the lead up to the news of her death is Ken gets a new oven in preparation for her home coming :-O. Seriously wonder about the mentality of the writers who think up this tripe and think it's ok.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Seems a bit cold to use an actresses' death in real life as a plot device around her onscreen character. Surely they've enough ideas for storylines on the table without resorting to that?

piperh wrote: »
    I wouldn't hold your breathe seeing as the lead up to the news of her death is Ken gets a new oven in preparation for her home coming :-O. Seriously wonder about the mentality of the writers who think up this tripe and think it's ok.

Yes, as I said, I'm not hopeful. I remember Blanche was given a good send off and Deirdre deserves the same.

Seems a bit cold to use an actresses' death in real life as a plot device around her onscreen character. Surely they've enough ideas for storylines on the table without resorting to that?

I believe that they consulted with her family and this was felt to be the best way. I rarely watch Corrie any more. It's lost its heart and soul. Too much emphasis on silly stories. I did see the scenes with Tim and Faye and found them very moving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I believe that they consulted with her family and this was felt to be the best way. I rarely watch Corrie any more. It's lost its heart and soul. Too much emphasis on silly stories. I did see the scenes with Tim and Faye and found them very moving.

Half-watching corrie last night. Herself goes "Was that the end of the first part or the second"
    Me:"Not sure. How many have we watched?"
    Herself:"Dunno".

To check would have involved leaving the couch. We both went "meh", and I stuck on the Last Ship.

Interest in corrie is vanishing fast in our house.

Im against hitting women but Ken should have taken the wooden spoon to Tracey a long time a go and Amy is going the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Is anyone else having problems with UPC only recording the second episode? so annoying!! :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

syklops wrote: »
    Half-watching corrie last night. Herself goes "Was that the end of the first part or the second"
    Me:"Not sure. How many have we watched?"
    Herself:"Dunno".

To check would have involved leaving the couch. We both went "meh", and I stuck on the Last Ship.

Interest in corrie is vanishing fast in our house.

Im against hitting women but Ken should have taken the wooden spoon to Tracey a long time a go and Amy is going the same way.

Amy needs some manners put into her, she's very annoying to watch.

I wouldn't say I'm an avid fan of Corrie, but I just happen to be in the room whenever my missus is watching it.

I think it's in a healthy enough state, better than Eastenders & Emmerdale.

My favourite character is Roy, you just don't know what he'll cone out with. I remember a line of a poem he recited not long after Hayley died,

"One thing is certain and the rest is Lies;
    The Flower that once has blown for ever dies."

It was actually very profound for a soap. Corrie has little nuggets like that that you wouldn't find in other soaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭bobbyss

I thought she was trying to sabotage / use Carla to steal her clients and further her own career in "fashion"..Could be wrong.

It's a bit ridiculous that she is treating Carla like rubbish and disrespecting her by making snide comments and acting like a brat. She needs to realise that she has chosen to continuing working for Carla so she should treat her with respect.

The sooner Michelle realises Carla's keys are missing from her bag, the sooner Tracy will be found out..[/B].

I must have fallen asleep at this part. What happened to the keys? Why are they ... eh key (sorry) to Tracy's undoing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

bobbyss wrote: »
    I must have fallen asleep at this part. What happened to the keys? Why are they ... eh key (sorry) to Tracy's undoing?

It's from ages ago when the fire actually happened. Tracy took the spare keys to Carla's flat from Michelle's bag..I think herself and Steve went on honeymoon straight after and there hasn't been a mention since.

I'm assuming Michelle will (eventually) notice the keys missing and maybe Carla will start to wonder if somebody broke into her flat and started the fire...

*note- I may have an overactive imagination that is running away with me*:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Coronation Street boss Stuart Blackburn has revealed that there will be big trouble for teenager Bethany Platt this summer as Callum Logan uses her crush on him to his advantage.

Viewers have already seen Bethany (Lucy Fallon) betray her uncle David Platt by telling Callum about David's tactics to win custody of Max.

Speaking in a video previewing the show's summer storylines, Blackburn said: "Sarah Lou is involved with Callum and her daughter Bethany also has a crush on him. Callum will use this crush and Bethany will become his insurance policy if things go wrong.

"Bethany thinks she is grown up, but she is just a 15-year old kid. She is naive and she is going to get in a world of trouble because of her involvement with Callum."

Blackburn also teased that there would be some big developments in Roy and Cathy's friendship once he discovers her secret next week.

He said: "Roy and Cathy have been muddling along at the allotment but that is a friendship that is going to really develop and blossom when Roy discovers Cathy's secret.

"She has been very troubled since the death of her husband, she has problems with her house and so she ends up moving in with Roy. But don't worry, it is just as friends."

It has also been confirmed that troubled times for Carla Connor will pave the way for the arrival of Shayne Ward's character Aidan.

Blackburn added: "Carla wrongly believes that she is responsible for the deaths of Kal and Maddie and that takes her into a really dark place - she is very troubled. She starts gambling and ends up spending not only her money, but the factory's as well.

"Carla's troubles pave the way for Shayne Ward's character Aidan Connor to arrive. He will come in and, we hope, rescue the factory, which really is on its last legs.

"The summer, as cracking as it is, is all a prologue to what will be a cracking live episode in September."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement