Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

It has also been confirmed that troubled times for Carla Connor will pave the way for the arrival of Shayne Ward's character Aidan.

Blackburn added: "Carla wrongly believes that she is responsible for the deaths of Kal and Maddie and that takes her into a really dark place - she is very troubled. She starts gambling and ends up spending not only her money, but the factory's as well.

"Carla's troubles pave the way for Shayne Ward's character Aidan Connor to arrive. He will come in and, we hope, rescue the factory, which really is on its last legs.

"The summer, as cracking as it is, is all a prologue to what will be a cracking live episode in September."

This explains Carla's ramdom scene playing poker last night with Liz's (seemingly now sexist) bf.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭bobbyss

It's from ages ago when the fire actually happened. Tracy took the spare keys to Carla's flat from Michelle's bag..I think herself and Steve went on honeymoon straight after and there hasn't been a mention since.

I'm assuming Michelle will (eventually) notice the keys missing and maybe Carla will start to wonder if somebody broke into her flat and started the fire...

*note- I may have an overactive imagination that is running away with me*:D

Yes !! I do recall that. Didn't she sneak in behind the bar and take the keys one day. She's an awful bauld wan altogether. And then made such a rattling noise entering Carla's place that would have woken a herd of elephants. What became of them? Did she take them out of the flat and return them? Or leave them in Carla's place? Do viewers know?

It is a typical Corrie ploy. Rem when that chap killed Tina. Didn't a key or something like that go missing? Something thrown down an alley (a ginny, a gunny, a gully or whatever they call it). Something that would have proven Petah did not do it.

bobbyss wrote: »
    Yes !! I do recall that. Didn't she sneak in behind the bar and take the keys one day. She's an awful bauld wan altogether. And then made such a rattling noise entering Carla's place that would have woken a herd of elephants. What became of them? Did she take them out of the flat and return them? Or leave them in Carla's place? Do viewers know?

It is a typical Corrie ploy. Rem when that chap killed Tina. Didn't a key or something like that go missing? Something thrown down an alley (a ginny, a gunny, a gully or whatever they call it). Something that would have proven Petah did not do it.

Very good point...did she return them?! I don't recall her returning them. I thought she went straight back home and was looking all shifty when Ken asked her where she had been or something like that. It's sooo ridiculous and will totally be dragged out...

Can't remember the exacts of Tina's death just that Rob (who killed her) was extremely pleasing on the eye :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Very good point...did she return them?! I don't recall her returning them. I thought she went straight back home and was looking all shifty when Ken asked her where she had been or something like that. It's sooo ridiculous and will totally be dragged out...

Can't remember the exacts of Tina's death just that Rob (who killed her) was extremely pleasing on the eye :pac:

If the keys were left there, that's not a problem because aren't Carla and Michele sisters or something or at least close enough not to raise suspicions about them if they are found there. But they seem to have gone missing. I am not particularly interested if Rob was 'extremely pleasing on the eye'.

In that vein, instead, let's talk about Carla !!!

bobbyss wrote: »
    If the keys were left there, that's not a problem because aren't Carla and Michele sisters or something or at least close enough not to raise suspicions about them if they are found there. But they seem to have gone missing. I am not particularly interested if Rob was 'extremely pleasing on the eye'.

In that vein, instead, let's talk about Carla !!!

Ah sorry.. Carla is also beautiful we can agree lol. I'm hoping Tracy didn't return the keys & she will be found with them...Though this is Coronation Street so that would probably be too simple :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

Don't forget Karl, who burned down the Rovers killing Sunita, he used the same old storyline of borrowing the spare keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why couldn't Julie move back to her own flat that she and Brian bought from Jason or is someone else living there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Why couldn't Julie move back to her own flat that she and Brian bought from Jason or is someone else living there?

Did they buy a flat?..... Is that the same flat that Tina was living in?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did they buy a flat?..... Is that the same flat that Tina was living in?

Yes Tina and Jason and then Tina and Tommy were living there until Tina moved into Owen builder's flat where Steph and Gandy are now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Yes,I wondered this too. Also,where is Todd living these days??

• Advertisement

............. AND where is Mary's motorhome by now?? So many unanswered questions. :rolleyes:

Steve was very pale for one who had been in Spain for weeks.

MelanieC wrote: »
    mb1725 wrote: »
    ............. AND where is Mary's motorhome by now?? So many unanswered questions. :rolleyes:

Maybe Todd has secretly claimed Mary's motorhome and is living there!! That was his cunning plan all along, have her motorhome taken so he could live there himself...

Seriously though, I would have though they would crush Mary's motorhome if it's not claimed, also was she not in trouble for not paying Council fees or something like that? Nothing more was mentioned about this either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

MelanieC wrote: »

I wondered about that too, and about Todd.
    Julie is not that long living at Dev's, I thought. Hardly enough time to have sold/ rented out her own place.

Are we to take it now that Brian had convinced her, that he is the one?
    If so that is silly stuff. As was the sight of Dev and Brian running towards one another, on the street, last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Glad Julie is gone, now lets hope that Todd and then Tracy maybe are on the cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Julie was one of the more "Corrie" characters tbf- but they spoiled it- I can't watch it anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

so how did Liz and Michelle get out of the yard? they didn't find the key and no mention of it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

casio4 wrote: »
    so how did Liz and Michelle get out of the yard? they didn't find the key and no mention of it at all
    Liz found the key in the skip / rubbish box. (Ruined her nails!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

I always loved Julie's dresses, very 1950's. Sorry she's gone. Another very capable actress given mediocre storylines.

So yer man is an ex client of Leanne's. What is she so nervous of? The whole Street knows her past. If anything it would be yer man who would want his liaison kept quiet. It's not normal, Leanne is tougher than that.

Red Kev wrote: »
    I always loved Julie's dresses, very 1950's.

My mother & I both shouted Greece when we saw it

• Advertisement

Month of July and most of the cast and extras wearing coats and jackets.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I always loved Julie's dresses, very 1950's. Sorry she's gone. Another very capable actress given mediocre storylines.

So yer man is an ex client of Leanne's. What is she so nervous of? The whole Street knows her past. If anything it would be yer man who would want his liaison kept quiet. It's not normal, Leanne is tougher than that.

Ya a lot of people would know about Leanne's past, but it would be very uncomfortable running into an ex client like that especially when you have left that part of your life behind and also that she is likely to keep running into him now that he is going out with Liz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Liz's new man is a cross between Phelan and Frank Foster in personality. I think he's a good actor so far, nice bit of menace to him. I suppose he'll be shafting all around him and Liz still will believe butter won't melt in his mouth.

I would imagine that he wasn't they type of client who just wanted to chat or have a straight you know what. There's something about him that suggests he might be a real baddie. He didn't look too happy with Carla winning at poker

I'm sorry to see Julie leaving. I don't blame her though. I'd say more will follow. The longer serving ones will put up with the rubbish being given to them as storylines, and the newer arrivals probably hope it gets them into other work, later, having had a part in Corrie.

fin12 wrote: »
    Ya a lot of people would know about Leanne's past, but it would be very uncomfortable running into an ex client like that especially when you have left that part of your life behind and also that she is likely to keep running into him now that he is going out with Liz.

It seemed a bit of a strange reaction by Leanne, i was thinking it may be something more like maybe he was her pimp or something. This would also tie in with his comments about women during the poker game basically saying women are lesser than men. "she's just a woman " etc. He comes across as a general sleaze though.
    Or maybe he was a client who came on too strong or has some more dirt on her that she was trying to keep hidden.
    I'm interested to see the story develop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

mb1725 wrote: »
    Don't forget Karl, who burned down the Rovers killing Sunita, he used the same old storyline of borrowing the spare keys.

He then left and did very well for himself as CEO of Holby City. Bet he was glad to leave to cobbles to kickstart his real career as a neurosurgeon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Carla: I do that [hoard] with shoes. Pretty sure I still have shoes from the nineties among them.
    Me: No Carla, you do not. If you recall, you lost all of your possessions when your apartment was obliterated less than a month ago...

Jikashi wrote: »
    Carla: I do that [hoard] with shoes. Pretty sure I still have shoes from the nineties among them.
    Me: No Carla, you do not. If you recall, you lost all of your possessions when your apartment was obliterated less than a month ago...

Did you never make sh1te small talk to cover a difficult situation? I thought that was what Carla was doing.

• Advertisement

Did you never make sh1te small talk to cover a difficult situation? I thought that was what Carla was doing.

That's how I took it as well, that she was just blathering to try and make light of it, for Cathy's sake, when it was obvious that it was a problem.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement