Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Red Kev wrote: »
    I always loved Julie's dresses, very 1950's. Sorry she's gone. Another very capable actress given mediocre storylines.

So yer man is an ex client of Leanne's. What is she so nervous of? The whole Street knows her past. If anything it would be yer man who would want his liaison kept quiet. It's not normal, Leanne is tougher than that.

Leanne might not want Kal's family and Simon knowing her past

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Kals family know. Nick told them before his brain injury cured itself

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So who don't Leanne want to know, Simon?

So who don't Leanne want to know, Simon?

Not sure on Simon, but everyone else knows. I would be thinking yer man should be the nervous/scared one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Wasn't there a spoiler a few pages back that said something along the lines of
    Leanne is attacked by a past client. I could have that wrong, but maybe she knows this guy has the potential to be violent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Ken and Audrey to get together in the future methinks. That "Mrs Barlow" is just a subtle hint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Is it just me or does anyone else find this 'deirdre return' arc a bit ill advised. I mean we know she's not coming back, why overdo the 'oh we can't wait to see her lets throw a party' stuff. Its a little crass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Wow! Simons outburst was nasty.Leanne can take the high ground sometimes, but that was really bad. His character really has changed.

All this Deirdre stuff should have not happened at all, It should of been a surprise knock at the door

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

Liz heads off down to 'change the barrell' and yer man from the brewery was inside on the couch. :confused::confused:

Oh yeah, still wearing the coats and jackets in July. :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

What's the story with that picture in the hallway of Ken Barlow's house? Just noticed it when he was walking Carla to the door. It was bizarre looking, seemed to be Jesus with his hand on the shoulder of a little cowboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

jimmyw wrote: »
    Wow! Simons outburst was nasty.Leanne can take the high ground sometimes, but that was really bad. His character really has changed.

ya that was absolutely horrible, what the **** is wrong with him, Leanne has always been a very good parent to him its just unfortunate that her relationships never seem to last. If he should be acting like that towards any one it should be his dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

mb1725 wrote: »
    Liz heads off down to 'change the barrell' and yer man from the brewery was inside on the couch. :confused::confused:

Oh yeah, still wearing the coats and jackets in July. :cool:

I wear a coat and a jacket in july, Irish and English weather is unpredictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Red Kev wrote: »
    Ken and Audrey to get together in the future methinks. That "Mrs Barlow" is just a subtle hint.

Thought they were very hasty in putting Ken with Audrey re the book scene a few months back when Deirdre was only gone away
    to her friend. It was rather disrespectful to Anne Kirkbride who was off work due to illness, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

jimmyw wrote: »

He was such a cute little boy but has grown into a detestable youngster.

brooke 2 wrote: »

They do ruin the best characters. Shame on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭apieceofcake

The actor playing Liz's new man - was he in The Bill or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I think Simon has run his course, I'd like to see him leave, and go to live with Peter. Of course he won't.
    I think, like Chesney, he was possibly cute as a small child actor, but will suffer the same fate as Ches, a forgettable character, as an adult.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I think Simon has run his course, I'd like to see him leave, and go to live with Peter. Of course he won't.
    I think, like Chesney, he was possibly cute as a small child actor, but will suffer the same fate as Ches, a forgettable character, as an adult.

I know he's a kid n all but his acting is terrible.

• Advertisement

I read on a post the other day that some Emmerdale stars/crew were going to go on strike before he left because of the quality of the show at the time this is when Stuart Blackburn was in charge of Emmerdale now he runs Corronation Street.

He is just awful Corrie been rubbish for months

I know he's a kid n all but his acting is terrible.

I agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

As my brother muttered last night..."the little b%llix!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

The actor playing Liz's new man - was he in The Bill or something?

Yeah he was in The Bill for years. Can't remember the name of his character though...

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

This happens in real life too - Not just in soaps!

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    This happens in real life too - Not just in soaps!

Yeah, but for the sake of some short term stories all the kids are little barstards, Faye, Amy and now Simon. OK, I can understand it a bit with Amy having Tracy for a mother, but she's also influenced a lot by Ken, Steve and Michelle, essentially three decent people. It's just that she's a schemer like something out of The Omen.

Craig, I suppose is the exception and I would also suppose that once Simons story has run its course he'll have another 180 degree character change and be back to being as good as gold.

Nice article on Deirdre here.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2015/jul/08/deirdre-barlow-coronation-street-says-goodbye-to-a-legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭YurOK2

Aw this is quite sad :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Do they always have to have the simpleton comment from Norris. Its getting boring and predictable at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

the lead up and the first half was farcical, Anne deserved much better than that weak storyline,

however the aftermath, especially that scene with Ken and steve was heartbreaking and well done! :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement