Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

When Carla leaves it will be a big loss to the show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Beverly Callard aka Liz is on Saturday Night With Miriam now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I think they should have played out the story with Dan, Liz and Leanne another while. Instead it's going to be rushed to a conclusion, and then no doubt, we will back to Callum, Vicky Pollard, Bethany, Sarah, and their never-ending tedium.

Rushed to a conclusion!?! This has to be a first!

Yeah I agree. It was over before it started. Like the Simon domestic abuse story.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jenny wren 1950

I thought I was the only one that was annoyed by this. It was ridiculous when they were lowering the coffin from their shoulders in the church and there was a close up of Liz holding her end with one finger. And she was even wearing that ring that comes up over her knuckles so she couldn't move her fingers properly.

yes i noticed that too ..ridiculous :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

spurious wrote: »
    Reminded last couple of episodes what a fantastic actress Alison King is, especialy working with the equally talented David Neilson. Good job Carla had the foresight to get her passport when the apartment went on fire. I hope she's not away too long.

Started to warm to Roy's possible new lady last night.

Agree. I love Roy and Carla's scenes. Both superb. They bring such a sense of realism and emotion to the briefest of moments (two recent examples - Roy talking about Deirdre, and Carla talking about losing the baby) that some of the others will never be able to do, in my opinion, especially the likes of those playing the parts of Callum, Bethany and Sarah.
    I hope that when Alison King leaves - later this year/ early next year, I think - that she will eventually return.

I also warmed a bit to Roy's friend the last night, I think because for a little while, she was smiling and happy. Roy is so kind, and always at his best when getting a chance to help others.

• Advertisement

Agree with above posts re Carla and Roy. Two superb actors. Compare and contrast with Callum, Sarahlou and Bethany. Also underused are Kirk and Beth. Tim and Sally are a magical pairing too.
    The whole show is very disjointed with poor continuity. I think there may be more to come from Lizs fellow. I also wonder when Alya discovers a little Jase in the oven.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

syklops wrote: »
    Rushed to a conclusion!?! This has to be a first!

Yeah I agree. It was over before it started. Like the Simon domestic abuse story.

Just a lull!
    A terrifying hostage drama which sees Dan
    hold Leanne, Liz and Simon at his violent
    mercy is the catalyst for the young lad losing
    control again. As his temper is targeted at
    Leanne once more, will he prove to be a lost
    cause or can she steer him off of this
    destructive path before it’s too late?

Agree with above posts re Carla and Roy. Two superb actors. Compare and contrast with Callum, Sarahlou and Bethany. Also underused are Kirk and Beth. Tim and Sally are a magical pairing too.
    The whole show is very disjointed with poor continuity. I think there may be more to come from Lizs fellow. I also wonder when Alya discovers a little Jase in the oven.

Apparently
    In July 31st episode, Beth finds a pregnancy test in the bin at Underworld...cos in true soap fashion, one must leave such things where there is every chance someone else will find them:D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,747 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Apparently
    In July 31st episode, Beth finds a pregnancy test in the bin at Underworld...cos in true soap fashion, one must leave such things where there is every chance someone else will find them:D

Alya confides in Sinead

I think Sinead will eventually tell Gary as she will grow close to him and cheat on Ches

Callum gets thugs to beat up Jason he will be in a serious condition
    cue Alya & the baby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Callum gets thugs to beat up Jason he will be in a serious condition

and Sarah finds out and wastes no time in telling Tony? I predict a repeat of the arc that sent Jim to prison for manslaughter, so I do.

Jikashi wrote: »
    and Sarah finds out and wastes no time in telling Tony? I predict a repeat of the arc that sent Jim to prison for manslaughter, so I do.

Man Sarah is some stupid cow seriously thick :mad: well she did get knocked up at 13 :pac:

anyway

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a659199/coronation-street-casts-newcomers-johnny-and-kate-connor.html#~piZfIhekOCtbAN

The corner's will live on without Carla

Coronation Street will air a dark storyline later this year when Jason Grimshaw is brutally attacked by a gang of thugs.
    Jason will be left fighting for his life after the vicious beating, which is plotted by twisted Callum Logan.
    Callum will vow revenge on Jason after the builder steps in to stop him threatening the Platt family, and viewers will be shocked by the severity of Jason's attack as it becomes evident just how evil Callum can really be.
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

As doctors battle to save a seriously injured Jason, his devastated parents Eileen and Tony will be seen holding a vigil at the hospital as they fear he could die.
    Fans will have to wait and see how the rest of the story plays out but The Sun reports that when Sarah discovers Callum was behind the vicious beating, she will waste no time in telling Tony.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I'm guessing it hasn't dawned on the writers that Callum is about as intimidating as a honey sandwich.

Without crusts.

I'm guessing it hasn't dawned on the writers that Callum is about as intimidating as a honey sandwich.

Without crusts.

Love it!
    I'm going to think of this from now on, when he appears in yet another unconvincing scene as a tough guy :D.

The bromance between Kevin and Tim is gas

:D:D:D:D:D Your man thought Kevin & Tim were a couple, do I care to think Tim fancies Kevin the romance is hilarious.

"Come on Kevin I know you in the 80's the mustache is a dead giveaway" :pac:

SNN3004TVKW_280_835312a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

is Tracys ex husband staying in it? got the impression tonight that he will end up the new chef in the bistro with Leanne telling Beth she was interviewing for chefs and then later in Tracys kitchen she said imagine going out with a chef or something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

casio4 wrote: »
    is Tracys ex husband staying in it? got the impression tonight that he will end up the new chef in the bistro with Leanne telling Beth she was interviewing for chefs and then later in Tracys kitchen she said imagine going out with a chef or something like that

Is he married or something already? I've kind of been dipping in and out of Corrie so don't know the full story

Those Liz, Dan & Leanne scenes were terrible

• Advertisement

Gee_G wrote: »
    Is he married or something already? I've kind of been dipping in and out of Corrie so don't know the full story
    When Tracy receives a text from Robert cancelling their evening together as he has to work, Beth suggests they pay Robert a visit at his restaurant. When Tracy and Beth arrive, Robert feigns delight. But as Tracy pulls him in for a kiss, Joni enters the restaurant and reveals that she's Robert's wife!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

That Simon is a horrible little brat! I'd send him bag and baggage off to his precious dad. Poor Leanne 😯

Ann22 wrote: »
    That Simon is a horrible little brat! I'd send him bag and baggage off to his precious dad. Poor Leanne 😯

For sure. Can't stand him

• Registered Users Posts: 18,841 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

:D:D:D:D:D Your man thought Kevin & Tim were a couple, do I care to think Tim fancies Kevin the romance is hilarious.

"Come on Kevin I know you in the 80's the mustache is a dead giveaway" :pac:

SNN3004TVKW_280_835312a.jpg

The mechanic guy had a point. That look was very Freddie Mercury crossed with the second moustached singer from Frankie Goes To Hollywood :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thargor wrote: »

What was that ⬆ all about?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

That clip never gets old. :D

spurious wrote: »
    That clip never gets old. :D

Haha! I had to watch it a couple of times to 'get it' :D

Thargor wrote: »

saw this last week hilarious

• Advertisement

Well that was anticlimactic

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement