Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I keep forgetting Bethany is meant to be 14.

16 would be stretching it in my opinion. She is totally unbelievable as a 14 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

syklops wrote: »
    Im not saying its a story line they will do, but they had more onscreen chemistry together, than he ever had with Sarah.

Also Bethany is older now than when Sarah got pregnant with her, and we just had the Faye storyline where Jackson didnt spend as much as 20 minutes in a cell for what, in the eyes of the law is the same offence.

All that said, if it rid our screens of Callum once and for all, I'd be a happy man.

no I know what you mean because when I was watching last night as well I was like is there something going to happen between them but in both sarah's and Faye's cases they did it with people their own age so I think its way worse if something happens between Bethany and Callum, Callum has to be at least 25. I hope it that I'm wrong though and nothing does happen.

Jackson is the same age as Faye or a year older so he didn't break any law.

I keep forgetting Bethany is meant to be 14.

Is she? wow totally unbelievable she look 18/19 to me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Is she? wow totally unbelievable she look 18/19 to me

The actress playing Bethany is 19 in real life.

Omg that guys with all the tattoos lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,908 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Ah Tim is such a cutey patootey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

LOL!! We both roared YES! when yer wan clouted Tracey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Red Kev wrote: »
    LOL!! We both roared YES! when yer wan clouted Tracey.

That was great! She gave her a fair aul whack too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Sarah Harding still wails and screeches well

She is appalling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Will Toe-nay and Tray-say get back together?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Tracey got some punch, but there wasn't a mark on her when she got back to Ken's.

The woman who hit her isn't a particularly good actor.

Sinead doing a good impression of Lazarus. The opportunity for a story about the difficulty of recuperating from serious accident trauma was lost yet again (Peter after the Tram crash was never going to walk again). Short term story, no word about the bus crash since.

No word about how Faye is coping after giving up her baby, I think she showed her face last night. Another story lost.

Red Kev wrote: »
    Tracey got some punch, but there wasn't a mark on her when she got back to Ken's.

The woman who hit her isn't a particularly good actor.

Sinead doing a good impression of Lazarus. The opportunity for a story about the difficulty of recuperating from serious accident trauma was lost yet again (Peter after the Tram crash was never going to walk again). Short term story, no word about the bus crash since.

No word about how Faye is coping after giving up her baby, I think she showed her face last night. Another story lost.

Also no mention of how Sinead is going to cope with camping in crutches.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭bobbyss

And Steve's depression seems to have lifted without a word. There also was a time when he cowered in front of Tony. Now all of a sudden he is acting the big man and threatening to throw him out of the Rovers.

And Nick? Didn't he have some problem or other? His memory? Anger? No mention of that now.

Amazing how Liz can go from Tony to your man (Cant remember his name- the chap who kidnapped Leanne). The same as Tracey moves on from Tony to Robert. No qualms. The amount of people who have slept with each other in Corrie is a minefield.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

bobbyss wrote: »
    And Steve's depression seems to have lifted without a word. There also was a time when he cowered in front of Tony. Now all of a sudden he is acting the big man and threatening to throw him out of the Rovers.

And Nick? Didn't he have some problem or other? His memory? Anger? No mention of that now.

Amazing how Liz can go from Tony to your man (Cant remember his name- the chap who kidnapped Leanne). The same as Tracey moves on from Tony to Robert. No qualms. The amount of people who have slept with each other in Corrie is a minefield.

And Michael can go to Eileen after only been married to Gail for 5 minutes.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

And Michael can go to Eileen after only been married to Gail for 5 minutes.. :rolleyes:

Well hopefully Michael escaped in time. Aside from Martin havent all of Gails husbands died? Shes like a Black Widow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Well hopefully Michael escaped in time. Aside from Martin havent all of Gails husbands died? Shes like a Black Widow.

:D
    Despite his dodgy heart, Michael lives on...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

How about Stuart Blackburn as her next husband? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Her acting is outrageous!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I thought the scenes of Michael laughing with Eileen and Lloyd and his girlfriend about Gail were awful. I know what she's done was terrible but she thought it was for the best. She's stood by him when nobody wanted to know him and I think he's acting like a right prat.

• Advertisement

I thought the scene in the pub when Kevin and Tyrone were singing Take That's greatest day and taking the piss out of Tim was very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I think Michael leaving Gail are more believable than him staying with her.It was a whopper of a lie and when Gavin died she still kept on lying.

I dont know why she is still acting the victim when it was all her own doing.

dubstarr wrote: »
    I think Michael leaving Gail are more believable than him staying with her.It was a whopper of a lie and when Gavin died she still kept on lying.

All Andys doing you mean.

dubstarr wrote: »

I suppose because she genuinely thought she was doing the right thing and looking out for him, was scared he would get a heart attack if he found out but it was the wrong thing to do because nobody could forgive that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Andy might have started teh lie but Gail kept it going.She should have told Micheal out straight.It was the kind of lie that was bound to come out sooner or later.

So as far as i can see Gail was most certainly in the wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭mapaca

Robert's wife - "look at me, I'm acting!" - terrible.
    I'm surprised Tracey didn't get wise to him sooner, you'd think she'd be well able to spot a bullsh*tter like herself.

I think they're well suited, but I don't like Michael and Eileen getting together so soon. They all seem to jump into their next relationship straight away after a break up: Liz and Tracey being the most recent examples. I REALLY hope Roy and Cathy don't get together, it would be more poignant and realistic if he stayed single.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I think with the Gandy storyline, it was so ridiculous that the scriptwriters didn't know how to bring it to a close really. For what it's worth, Andy is a nicer person that Gavin was, from what we saw. :pac:
    I know that wouldn't be any consolation to Michael, now that he knows his son is dead, but, I find it hard to care that much really. I don't like what has been done to Gail's character, especially this fawning over Michael, and trying to 'win' him back. What a prize! :p

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I think with the Gandy storyline, it was so ridiculous that the scriptwriters didn't know how to bring it to a close really. For what it's worth, Andy is a nicer person that Gavin was, from what we saw. :pac:
    I know that wouldn't be any consolation to Michael, now that he knows his son is dead, but, I find it hard to care that much really. I don't like what has been done to Gail's character, especially this fawning over Michael, and trying to 'win' him back. What a prize! :p

I think you hit the nail on the head. It was sooo bad, no-one knew how to end it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

That Steph sneaking over Bethany's shoulder was woeful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭mapaca

What was Gary thinking, bringing a picnic into Alya's office? Has he never seen Friends? :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement