Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I actually enjoyed Corrie tonight, for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Amoureux

Looking forward to Eileen and Gail fighting over Michael, I think there could be some good comedic scenes if they do it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,252 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Amoureux wrote: »
    Looking forward to Eileen and Gail fighting over Michael, I think there could be some good comedic scenes if they do it right.

I am sick of the three of them tbh

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I am sick of the three of them tbh

+1.

So Michael broke into lots of people's house's before going straight but tonight seeing him try to break into Tracy's shop was hilariously bad

I am starting to like Tracy

• Advertisement

Todd to good for Grindr I see :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Never saw anything more stupid. Tracy dropping the plate. Who does things like that? Michael breaking into the shop. How pathetic. In broad daylight with people passing by. What kind of a burglar is he anyhow?

I don't know why I am watching this drivel at all, I really don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

So Michael broke into lots of people's house's before going straight but tonight seeing him try to break into Tracy's shop was hilariously bad
    bobbyss wrote: »
    Michael breaking into the shop. How pathetic. In broad daylight with people passing by. What kind of a burglar is he anyhow?

I thought Michael said to Gail that he never broke into anyones house but hers. Wasn't it an opportunistic theft where he just saw the door open and went in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

god that was so funny when Gail was like to Michael, "what has she done to you" "shes twisted". So funny blaming Eileen and the scene where Todd was winding Eileen up about Michael hanging around with Gail. hahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Amoureux wrote: »

Much like the overuse (to the point of predictable, twisted and not funny) of the insensitive gossip remarks by Norris (which used to be excellent when they were used sparingly), the Eileen/Gail business is draining at this stage. Fair play for the Sally/Tim stuff but I have to say even that has began to be a bit excessive and tiring of late. Sally was no eegit like she is now in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

bobbyss wrote: »
    I don't know why I am watching this drivel at all, I really don't.

For me, it's habit and a comfort thing. It reminds me of watching wi my oul pair, wan of the few things we'd do together. I've been away for years and managed to keep up either via Boards or Digital Spy or this good lad uploading it on youtube. It just saddens me that yer man Blackburn has turned it tae shįte!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Much like the overuse (to the point of predictable, twisted and not funny) of the insensitive gossip remarks by Norris (which used to be excellent when they were used sparingly), the Eileen/Gail business is draining at this stage. Fair play for the Sally/Tim stuff but I have to say even that has began to be a bit excessive and tiring of late. Sally was no eegit like she is now in the past.
    Sally has a conservatory dont you know.

The youngsters Amy and Simon are playing a blinder. Amy is brilliant and Simon while a exceptional little actor has a puss I could probably slap all day long if he was my young lad. Very convincing and a more menacing villain then Callum :D

Robert and Tracey are one miserable zero chemistry passion less couple

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I enjoyed Corrie tonight Mary was very funny with her wedding folder and Sally saying the save a date looked like a ransom letter:D

Mary Mary The Wedding Fairy

Robert and Tracey are one miserable zero chemistry passion less couple

Robert is actually quite a likeable guy tbh. What he wants going after that loobán for is beyond me. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Mary watching the Pink Panther with the sound down not knowing he didn't speak :D:D they should put Mary and Sally together more in scenes they can be quite funny together:)

Robert is actually quite a likeable guy tbh. What he wants going after that loobán for is beyond me. :confused:

A better match for Leanne or Carla

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Just saw the trailer with Paddy McGuiness teaching Kirk, Ches & Craig about fire. Surely theres gunna be a major forest fire coming up :P

• Advertisement

A better match for Leanne or Carla

Line of the night to his chef

'if you cut it any finer the customers will have to snort it' :D

giphy.gif

Mary is getting a lover - Phoenix Nights star Ted Robbins has joined the cast

Mary is getting a lover - Phoenix Nights star Ted Robbins has joined the cast

This is will be comedy gold, I am so happy for Mary :D

Aside from Lizzie in Emmerdale or Izzy in Corrie, alot of these castings can be very tokenised. Emily Bishop had a deaf niece at one stage and you also had the Polish actresses who were just a vehicle for being victims of discrimination and vitriol from Janice

Hopefully this chap is cast as an actor in his own right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

casio4 wrote: »
    Mary watching the Pink Panther with the sound down not knowing he didn't speak :D:D they should put Mary and Sally together more in scenes they can be quite funny together:)

That scene was brilliant! Mary saying that she wasn't supposed to be watching it as her mother didn't like talking animals on account of believing they were demonic!

Also loved Mary's story in The Kabin about some memorial service at a Taverna where they set paper lanterns into the sky. "sadly the Taverna had a thatched roof that was set alight by one of the lanterns and was burned to the ground!". Her comedic timing is brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Got 65%. Was living abroad for 15 years till 2006 which shows in this quiz.

http://dailyfeed.co.uk/2015/08/test-yourself-can-you-identify-the-classic-coronation-street-character/

I must be the only one who can't stand Mary, she has a nasty, unhinged streak as well. Glad she found someone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

ratmouse wrote: »
    That scene was brilliant! Mary saying that she wasn't supposed to be watching it as her mother didn't like talking animals on account of believing they were demonic!

Also loved Mary's story in The Kabin about some memorial service at a Taverna where they set paper lanterns into the sky. "sadly the Taverna had a thatched roof that was set alight by one of the lanterns and was burned to the ground!". Her comedic timing is brilliant.

I agree. I think she's brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

I don't think he is. He came to Deirdre's funeral to get with Tracy / cheat on his wife and the way he speaks to the staff in the bistro is so rude. eg He said you Steff, "I cook the food, you just serve it".

• Advertisement

Red Kev wrote: »
    I must be the only one who can't stand Mary, she has a nasty, unhinged streak as well. Glad she found someone though.

I'm not a fan of hers either. She can be funny, occasionally, but I get sick of her very quickly. I had taken a break from Corrie when she first arrived, so I don't know her history. I remember reading something about her going after Norris.

She was very nasty to Roy, when he needed a friend too. I wonder has she forgotten (or have the scriptwriters) about her motor home, and does she just live with Dev fulltime. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement