Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,252 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So was tonight the start of the big affair between Tina and Peter, plenty of interaction between them :rolleyes: Tina going after Rob would be better or back with David even better

I agree Tina didn't seem cut up that Tommy left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Gibbonw2

Tina gets far too much airtime for such a bland arrogant character. Send her to towie already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Missed tonight, have to catch up tomorrow, but getting general gist here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I find Tina has a boring way of going on but she's just so beautiful, like an arrangement of summer flowers sitting on the bar, bless her. Her and Peter would make a handsome couple, he's a bit old for her though. Can't imagine Tina kerfuffling with someone else's man as she's usually so straightlaced and decent, .... on the positive side it'll p!ss Tracy off but poor Carla though:(...sigh! Do we really have to watch her falling off the wagon again? A wagon she's only half sitting on?-For **** saaaake:(!

That's not true is it about Tina being murdered at xmas is it?? Won't be nice to see that:(.Who among the characters is disposable, has connections to Tina and would be likely to do away with her though?

Mmmmm.....Tracy is evil enough and has done it before. It would actually be really good if it was Tracy, we'd get rid of her at last:). (No one in the cosmos would get away with that behaviour in a bar and not be barred...sure drunken a*sholes get thrown out of pubs all the time for insulting people and they've the excuse of drunkeness:confused:.) Pure stupid, that's what I say:mad:.

Carla would have good reason and it's possible that in a state of drunken bowseyness she would run Tina over...but she's quite well established so I can't see her being played out of the show unless she wants to leave.

David's a tad mental and we wouldn't have to stretch our imaginations to see him as a killer but the show couldn't loose him, he's too good a character and atm he's fond of Tina.

Kylie could have reason but is a good character too who has settled in well in her role.

Connections can form though....Maybe Tina will twist her ankle on the cobbles and Jenna will treat it and henceforth by rubbing deep heat on her nice orange leg will develop an obsession with her (surely she can't endure Sophie's incessant nagging for much longer???). That'd be good, a big juicy stalking storyline with Tina in her flat minding her own business and Jenna's big goggly eyes peering in the letter box:).

Or maybe they'll just do that thing they do in Star Trek -bringing in newbies to be victims, you know straight away who is disposable...like Tiny Paul's bezzie mate who appeared for about a week and died in the fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Ann22 wrote: »
    I find Tina has a boring way of going on but she's just so beautiful, like an arrangement of summer flowers sitting on the bar, bless her. Her and Peter would make a handsome couple, he's a bit old for her though. Can't imagine Tina kerfuffling with someone else's man as she's usually so straightlaced and decent, .... on the positive side it'll p!ss Tracy off but poor Carla though:(...sigh! Do we really have to watch her falling off the wagon again? A wagon she's only half sitting on?-For **** saaaake:(!

That's not true is it about Tina being murdered at xmas is it?? Won't be nice to see that:(.Who among the characters is disposable, has connections to Tina and would be likely to do away with her though?

Mmmmm.....Tracy is evil enough and has done it before. It would actually be really good if it was Tracy, we'd get rid of her at last:). (No one in the cosmos would get away with that behaviour in a bar and not be barred...sure drunken a*sholes get thrown out of pubs all the time for insulting people and they've the excuse of drunkeness:confused:.) Pure stupid, that's what I say:mad:.

Carla would have good reason and it's possible that in a state of drunken bowseyness she would run Tina over...but she's quite well established so I can't see her being played out of the show unless she wants to leave.

David's a tad mental and we wouldn't have to stretch our imaginations to see him as a killer but the show couldn't loose him, he's too good a character and atm he's fond of Tina.

Kylie could have reason but is a good character too who has settled in well in her role.

Connections can form though....Maybe Tina will twist her ankle on the cobbles and Jenna will treat it and henceforth by rubbing deep heat on her nice orange leg will develop an obsession with her (surely she can't endure Sophie's incessant nagging for much longer???). That'd be good, a big juicy stalking storyline with Tina in her flat minding her own business and Jenna's big goggly eyes peering in the letter box:).

Or maybe they'll just do that thing they do in Star Trek -bringing in newbies to be victims, you know straight away who is disposable...like Tiny Paul's bezzie mate who appeared for about a week and died in the fire.

If soap reviews in magazines were written like this I would buy one. Top notch stuff once again Ann22.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Love how Tina made note of the fact that they are step-siblings. It tends to go forgotten unless you think about it that half the street are related through marriage or kids yet rarely interact as such.
    For example, say, Leanne is equally related to Chesney as she is to Eva, as Les adopted Chesney.

Ay-up, Tina and Peter actually exchanging dialogue tonight. By soap standards that's plenty basis on which to pursue an intimate relationship...on that note, it seems very out of character for Tina, having been burned as such in the past with Graham, aside from the fact she tries her best to do good by people (Tommy, Rita, Dennis, David, Nick, Gary, Izzy, Fiz, Tyrone, Owen). Strange how she seem to make so many enemies as a result (Kylie, Gail, that loanshark fella, the windasses in their original incarnation, Tracy and her speculated murderer)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Hmm, I wondered if they were leaving it open for something like that last night. David had a very blank look on his face when considering Tina after breaking the news to her and then again a strange semi-evil look on his face when she turned her back and walked out the door to go back to work. In some way in his head he has lined her up with all the rest of his enemies, perhaps not to be dealt with immediately but at some point in the future.

What was Liz doing trying to steal my user name the other night? I was very put out. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

That'd be good, a big juicy stalking storyline with Tina in her flat minding her own business and Jenna's big goggly eyes peering in the letter box:).

ffs lol im in class and just let out some roar of laughter :D

If Tina is leaving, I hope they leave it open for her to return. If it meant we sacrificed Tracy in the process though, hmmm, I would definitely agree with that. ;) Tracy is now a complete caricature of herself, and just isn't believable. Where is the child, I can't even think of her name? Both Tracy and Steve seem to be working full time, and no reference is made to her at all.

Tina has had some good storylines, and there are characters I would definitely like to see going, more than her. As someone mentioned upthread, Owen, Anna, Fay and Tim...for starters. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

ffs lol im in class and just let out some roar of laughter :D

Haha. Get back to your studies you slacker. Unless you're the teacher. Give the kiddies a laugh.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Haha. Get back to your studies you slacker. Unless you're the teacher. Give the kiddies a laugh.:D

ha ive a test tomorrow and i skitting away imagining jennas eyes in letterbox- like cookie monster gets when he sees a plate of cookies ROFL :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

LOOK WHOS LEAVING
    peter

Peter Barlow actor planning to spend more time with his family.

Gascoigne... set to quit Corrie next year
    Yahoo TV News - Gascoigne... set to quit Corrie next year
    Chris Gascoigne is quitting 'Coronation Street', it's been announced.

The 45-year-old actor, who plays alcoholic Peter Barlow in the show, will exit the show next year, hoping to spend more time with his family.

“Chris has had a great run on Corrie but is knackered from the demands the long hours have put on him and his family,” a source told The Sun.

“He wants some time away from the show to spend with his family and to try other roles. He has talked about taking at least two years away from the show.

[Coronation Street: Hayley recovers from her fall]

“His departure will be a big blow as Peter Barlow is a major character and one of the show's few alpha males.

“But Chris has told bosses he is keen to come back in the future and they are leaving the door open for him.”

The character of Peter Barlow, son of Ken Barlow, has been part of the show since 1965, when he was born to Ken and Valerie Barlow, Ken's first wife.

Gascoigne has played the role since 2000.

In the show Peter is currently engaged to factory boss Carla Connor (played by Alison King) but is set to have an affair with Tina McIntyre (Michelle Keegan) before he leaves the cobbles.

McIntyre is also set to leave the show as part of a recently revealed 'whodunnit' murder plot culminating next year. [The Sun]

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Never knew about
    tina being murdered?? :eek:
    . Also, that Tommy exit story last night was just ridiculous! He just ups and leaves and she doesn't even bat an eyelid?! I thought he deserved a better send off than that to be honest - I know what Chris Fountain did was wrong but I think it was a bit extreme to fire him.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    If Tina is leaving, I hope they leave it open for her to return. If it meant we sacrificed Tracy in the process though, hmmm, I would definitely agree with that. ;) Tracy is now a complete caricature of herself, and just isn't believable. Where is the child, I can't even think of her name? Both Tracy and Steve seem to be working full time, and no reference is made to her at all.

Tina has had some good storylines, and there are characters I would definitely like to see going, more than her. As someone mentioned upthread, Owen, Anna, Fay and Tim...for starters. :D

Tina's being killed off. It'll be a painful whodunnit, with Tracy the prime suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

LOOK WHOS LEAVING
    peter

Peter Barlow actor planning to spend more time with his family.

Gascoigne... set to quit Corrie next year
    Yahoo TV News - Gascoigne... set to quit Corrie next year
    Chris Gascoigne is quitting 'Coronation Street', it's been announced.

The 45-year-old actor, who plays alcoholic Peter Barlow in the show, will exit the show next year, hoping to spend more time with his family.

“Chris has had a great run on Corrie but is knackered from the demands the long hours have put on him and his family,” a source told The Sun.

“He wants some time away from the show to spend with his family and to try other roles. He has talked about taking at least two years away from the show.

[Coronation Street: Hayley recovers from her fall]

“His departure will be a big blow as Peter Barlow is a major character and one of the show's few alpha males.

“But Chris has told bosses he is keen to come back in the future and they are leaving the door open for him.”

The character of Peter Barlow, son of Ken Barlow, has been part of the show since 1965, when he was born to Ken and Valerie Barlow, Ken's first wife.

Gascoigne has played the role since 2000.

In the show Peter is currently engaged to factory boss Carla Connor (played by Alison King) but is set to have an affair with Tina McIntyre (Michelle Keegan) before he leaves the cobbles.

McIntyre is also set to leave the show as part of a recently revealed 'whodunnit' murder plot culminating next year. [The Sun]

well then maybe it will be
    peter who kills Tina after she threatens to tell Carla about the affair, would explain why the writers put them twi together... I think they'll be one of the strangest couples ever on the cobbles

Half watched last night's episode today. Tommy just disappeared :D... They didn't even bother writing him out properly!

Tina's being killed off. It'll be a painful whodunnit, with Tracy the prime suspect.

Tina isn't leaving until next year and didn't Corrie say she wasn't being killed off she had option of returning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

It would be stupid to kill Tina off, she's a popular character and could return in the future. Also another murder on the Street would be a bit too much a year after Karl knocked two people off. Just let her emigrate to australia, or do something that normal people her age do.

Tommy's writing out was lazy, but I'm not sure how they could do it better, with him being totally barred from the set, I guess the writers are sick and tired of arranging scripts for Ken & Kevin.

Also they shouldn't put Peter & Tina together, he works well with Carla and they should let them be settled together for a while. People permanently splitting up in soaps do my head in. he also wouldn't be believable with Tina, and most importantly, I couldn't bear Leanne's "I told you so" smugness radiating from the corner of the sitting room for another month while gladly forgetting that her own marraige to Nick is a sham.

Red Kev wrote: »
    It would be stupid to kill Tina off, she's a popular character and could return in the future. Also another murder on the Street would be a bit too much a year after Karl knocked two people off. Just let her emigrate to australia, or do something that normal people her age do.

Tommy's writing out was lazy, but I'm not sure how they could do it better, with him being totally barred from the set, I guess the writers are sick and tired of arranging scripts for Ken & Kevin.

Also they shouldn't put Peter & Tina together, he works well with Carla and they should let them be settled together for a while. People permanently splitting up in soaps do my head in. he also wouldn't be believable with Tina, and most importantly, I couldn't bear Leanne's "I told you so" smugness radiating from the corner of the sitting room for another month while gladly forgetting that her own marraige to Nick is a sham.

Yes, while Tina has irritated me a bit, of late, I still would prefer to see her having the option to return, in the future.
    I agree re Peter and Carla, they actually are credible, as a couple, and I would prefer to see them stay together. I laughed when I watched today, and realised that Tommy was gone, just like that, and Tina didn't seem too bothered.

Tinas character is getting rather pointless and directionless though, not to mention bland, charmless and devoid of any spark. Best to get rid of her. She has no family ties left and no property and realistically if you think about it what would be keeping a young girl there in a dreary backstreet part of manchester pulling pints, especially given the bad memories such a place holds. Ok, the baby issue may be the only factor in keeoing her but you could also argue that should be a factor in her leaving. Why would you want to hang around pulling pints for the likes of norris, tracey and gail and watching the child you sold to help the boyfriend who walked out on you for no reason grow up , knowing you wont be part of their life . Thats just my tuppence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Gibbonw2 wrote: »
    Tinas character is getting rather pointless and directionless though, not to mention bland, charmless and devoid of any spark. Best to get rid of her. She has no family ties left and no property and realistically if you think about it what would be keeping a young girl there in a dreary backstreet part of manchester pulling pints, especially given the bad memories such a place holds. Ok, the baby issue may be the only factor in keeoing her but you could also argue that should be a factor in her leaving. Why would you want to hang around pulling pints for the likes of norris, tracey and gail and watching the child you sold to help the boyfriend who walked out on you for no reason grow up , knowing you wont be part of their life . Thats just my tuppence.

So you want to deprive some of us of eye candy?............:D.Charming.In real life though you are probably right, but other factors are going against that for us :p.

Shes hardly much eye candy in corrie, stuck behind a bar layered with tango orange skinspray. The girl is gorgeous, superb figure etc but if you are that hard up, dont despair. Her agent will have her in every glossy magazine etc for the forseeable future as she tries to get work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

The girl is gorgeous, superb figure etc but if you are that hard up, dont despair. Her agent will have her in every glossy magazine etc for the forseeable future

Will she now? Just as well they're glossy magazines then.

Hiyooo
    Quick+play+me+off+Johnny+_6987b69f0bead62890d8d4b3c9d7e494.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Shes hardly much eye candy in corrie, stuck behind a bar layered with tango orange skinspray. The girl is gorgeous, superb figure etc but if you are that hard up, dont despair. Her agent will have her in every glossy magazine etc for the forseeable future as she tries to get work.

Excuse me, I cant be seen buying glossy mags. I have a reputation to hold.:D I will still have the other eye candy on the show though such as Eileen :p:). I mean Carla, Michelle.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

maybe Peter and Tina run off together leaving it open for both to return

casio4 wrote: »
    maybe Peter and Tina run off together leaving it open for both to return

Once he runs with R Si, I don't care. Run, boys, run....and don't stop.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Once he runs with R Si, I don't care. Run, boys, run....and don't stop.....

And feel free to take Faye with you!

Her whinging would slow them down, I need them to run free and fast :D

And Owen and Anna.

• Advertisement

I much prefer Peter with Leanne

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement