Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

Im getting the impression that Callum's 'alibi' wont exactly wash with Tony's 'justice system'..
    Just shows how bad the corrie writers have become. They used to write characters like Jez Quigley and now Callum has filled Jez's vaacuum 15 years on :rolleyes: They dont make em like they used to .

I only got around to watching last nights episode today...well to be honest I ff all the bits apart from Jason and Callum as the rest bores the life out of me at the moment and I thought maybe the Jason/Callum might be ok. All I wanted to do was grab his tongue and smack his open mouth. Callums like a dog panting when he gets excited. I have no desire to see his tonsils.

Poor Jason :( he is a decent lad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

You would think Becky would've come back to help her sister hold on to Maxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

MelanieC wrote: »
    You would think Becky would've come back to help her sister hold on to Maxi.

If she didn't come back for Hayley's funeral and to support Royston, I don't think she would come back for anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

piperh wrote: »
    I only got around to watching last nights episode today...well to be honest I ff all the bits apart from Jason and Callum as the rest bores the life out of me at the moment and I thought maybe the Jason/Callum might be ok. All I wanted to do was grab his tongue and smack his open mouth. Callums like a dog panting when he gets excited. I have no desire to see his tonsils.

Excellent description :D!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

I can't believe they're giving so much screen time to that bloody ridiculous camping trip!

Gee_G wrote: »
    I can't believe they're giving so much screen time to that bloody ridiculous camping trip!

Complete time filler. When I saw the monk, I thought, what has Corrie become...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Yes pure ridiculous - Sinead hill walking???! ..and her paralysed a few wks ago???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Carla is just WOW

Not liking xfactor guys shirt

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

^ Especially against that wallpaper :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

It's introducing what happens to Hope :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

That so called comedian is getting my goat.

syklops wrote: »
    That so called comedian is getting my goat.

Absolute dose.

Poor Jason :( he is a decent lad

Not to worry, he'll get Sineads physio so he will be back to himself in no time.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Complete time filler. When I saw the monk, I thought, what has Corrie become...

Gerry Hutch??..... just kidding :p

Shayne Ward was OK nothing special though but handsome

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

have to say I had a tear in my eye when Eileen and Tony were talking beside Jasons bedside saying what if he never talks again or walks again and he was the best son and Todd was behind them at the door listening:o Ryan Thomas is playing a blinder at keeping still in that hospital bed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Are we not going to talk about the fact that this is an absolute rehash of the whole Steve beaten by Jez storyline?

Gerry Hutch??..... just kidding :p

That crossed my mind as I was posting :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Are we not going to talk about the fact that this is an absolute rehash of the whole Steve beaten by Jez storyline?

That happened about 15 years ago, there is a lot of rehashing!
    There is serious issues that have never been covered in the soaps I watch... ,ie, parental abuse , child sexual/physical abuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Did I miss an episode this week or was I asleep? Two episodes last Mon , one on Wed and two last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

bobbyss wrote: »
    Did I miss an episode this week or was I asleep? Two episodes last Mon , one on Wed and two last night?

There was one on Thursday too, at 8pm.

bobbyss wrote: »

The anouncer on UTV last night said something like "And now the special edition of Coronation Street". :confused:

It seemed to me the regular two parter.

Maybe they brought a writer out of retirement and he is just doing what he did 15 years ago only badly. Faye getting pregnant, Jason beaten up, hardman of the street turned loveable (Les Battersby/Gareh).

When you watch an episode of Corrie, and think "I could write a better script myself", thats when you know its gone to pot. I feel sorry for some of the long term actors, particularly William Roach who has been in it since the start, when what was the (British) nations most loved soap for so many years, that it is now slightly more enjoyable than Jeremy Kyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭bobbyss

The anouncer on UTV last night said something like "And now the special edition of Coronation Street". :confused:

It seemed to me the regular two parter.

Maybe they brought a writer out of retirement and he is just doing what he did 15 years ago only badly. Faye getting pregnant, Jason beaten up, hardman of the street turned loveable (Les Battersby/Gareh).

When you watch an episode of Corrie, and think "I could write a better script myself", thats when you know its gone to pot. I feel sorry for some of the long term actors, particularly William Roach who has been in it since the start, when what was the (British) nations most loved soap for so many years, that it is now slightly more enjoyable than Jeremy Kyle.

Ok I didn't know re thursday night's episode. Why was there an extra episode? I didn't notice it being flagged anywhere. Nothing special at all about Friday night's twoparter except that they were off site in a park somewhere if that counts. Paddy McG's role just dumb. And if his daughter is now going to be seeing Craig it means he is not gong to go away you know!!!
    What parent would have a chat with their child like that in front of other people? And then kiss and make up in front of everyone else too?

I keep thinking that, especially for the long established actors in it. The way Gail's character, just to pick one example, has been made into a joke, is a great disservice to Helen Worth, IMO.

I also think that it's no wonder those who can are departing, the likes of Alison King and Craig Charles. I know Alison King's departure has been described as a break, but I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't return.
    I won't even start on the rubbish way she is being written out.

I keep thinking that, especially for the long established actors in it. The way Gail's character, just to pick one example, has been made into a joke, is a great disservice to Helen Worth, IMO.

I also think that it's no wonder those who can are departing, the likes of Alison King and Craig Charles. I know Alison King's departure has been described as a break, but I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't return.
    I won't even start on the rubbish way she is being written out.

Helen Worth(who is still a fine looking woman) started out as the 20 something, new chick on the block. She is now a grandmother working as a cleaner in her sons restaurant, and married for the 87th time to Les Dennis's character.

I like Les Dennis. I do not like Michael. If I ever end up as pathetic as him, someone shoot me please.

I was watching old episodes recently, where she used to face down her mother in law, Ivy on a regular basis, (not for the faint hearted :D). Then all the struggles she had over the years, too numerous to mention, Richard Hillman trying to kill her, and her family, being just one example.

She was a strong, credible character. I hate to see her now being treated as a joke, by the scriptwriters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

I was watching old episodes recently, where she used to face down her mother in law, Ivy on a regular basis, (not for the faint hearted :D). Then all the struggles she had over the years, too numerous to mention, Richard Hillman trying to kill her, and her family, being just one example.

She was a strong, credible character. I hate to see her now being treated as a joke, by the scriptwriters.

They did the same to Anne Kirkbride. It was quite disturbing to watch some of her later scenes, especially her final one. :(

brooke 2 wrote: »
    They did the same to Anne Kirkbride. It was quite disturbing to watch some of her later scenes, especially her final one. :(

Some of Anne Kirkbrides later scenes were deplorable, and her final scene could really have been a bit more poignant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Is it just me or has Beth turned into one moany cow?
    She used to be fun and entertaining, now she's always giving out or complaining.

I liked Paddy McGuinness' character, Dougie; wonder if he'll return?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement