Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why don't Bethany tell her family and go to the police :mad:

Why didn't Bethany tell the Police what was going on? She didn't know Sarah was safe.

When did Calum slip her the drug?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

syklops wrote: »
    <snip>When did Calum slip her the drug?

He tipped it into her drink in the Rover's while she was getting him a drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why didn't Bethany tell the Police what was going on? She didn't know Sarah was safe.

When did Calum slip her the drug?

I would guess he drugged her drink in the pub somehow

I know soap cops are useless but would they really believe Bethany's (a minor without an adult) statement about Callum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

You got to hand it to Stuart Blackburn. He is a bigger con artist than john Lyndsay. How in God's name does he get away with this tripe!!

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

casio4 wrote: »
    Lloyd sobered up very quickly he was leggless in the back of the Rovers when Bethany was in the car at the police station then Bethany arrives back on the street after giving her statement and Lloyd is outside on his phone not a bother on him talking about going for a kebab, he could barely stand earlier and had to be carried home

Worst time filler of a scene ever....

Where's Audrey?? With all the Platt drama she'd surely be around??

Also, there was a real opportunity to use Ken more when struggling with the grief after Deirdre - but nothing.

It is shockingly poor at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

I would guess he drugged her drink in the pub somehow

I know soap cops are useless but would they really believe Bethany's (a minor without an adult) statement about Callum

And callums right hand girl in a car outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

He tipped it into her drink in the Rover's while she was getting him a drink.

Wouldn't you think she would keep her drink behind the bar while working.

fin12 wrote: »
    Wouldn't you think she would keep her drink behind the bar while working.

Not only would you think that, I can't think of a situation where a bar worker would leave their drink on the bar or allow it anywhere near other customers.

Also, it was quite a convoluted storyline. He takes a video of Sarah unconscious to get Bethany to make her statement. And then just leaves her go?

Calum isn't exactly Danny Ocean, but it was bizarre even for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Plus Sarah was lying on the couch,gets up to walk home but nobody goes with her.That doesnt make sense,Steve should have at least walked her home.

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

Aidan Connor is Michelle's cousin, so related by marriage to Carla as he is Paul's cousin too (Carla's dead husband)

As he is Michelles cousin and obviously has money to invest you'd have thought when they were having a meltdown thinking they were losing the pub she'd have asked him to buy into it. Or can she only divulge other people's financial problems and not her own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Presumeably Lloyd and Liz are getting back together.

No I think it's going down the Lloyd and Erica route *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Liz and Lloyd sleep together

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

kitten_k wrote: »

Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

They should have begun the Hope story line more realistically. Like Fiz finding the lump herself, or Hope feeling unwell for a longer period. I have spent many hours in hospital A&Es and not once has a nurse approached me to tell me they were concerned that my child didnt look well...even when he had been shot in the eye with a pellet gun!!!

It takes alot for medical staff to come to you..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭bobbyss

And callums right hand girl in a car outside.
    Yeah. Can a minor give a statement without parents present?

Fittle wrote: »
    They should have begun the Hope story line more realistically. Like Fiz finding the lump herself, or Hope feeling unwell for a longer period. I have spent many hours in hospital A&Es and not once has a nurse approached me to tell me they were concerned that my child didnt look well...even when he had been shot in the eye with a pellet gun!!!

It takes alot for medical staff to come to you..

Also, weren't they in A&E and Fiz goes "So what happens next", and the Doctor tells them to go to the GP. Then they go to the GP and the GP says they want Hope to go to a Paediatrician, and Fizz gets all worried about that revelation, then the Paediatrician says she has the lump. Could the A&E doctor not have referred them to the Paediatrician?

Maybe this was a realistic bit of writing, and if so its no wonder the health service is in the mess it is. Both here and in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

bobbyss wrote: »
    Yeah. Can a minor give a statement without parents present?

I wouldnt have thought so. Cops are smart though, they knew there was no way she was 15 :)

Also, weren't they in A&E and Fiz goes "So what happens next", and the Doctor tells them to go to the GP. Then they go to the GP and the GP says they want Hope to go to a Paediatrician, and Fizz gets all worried about that revelation, then the Paediatrician says she has the lump. Could the A&E doctor not have referred them to the Paediatrician?

Maybe this was a realistic bit of writing, and if so its no wonder the health service is in the mess it is. Both here and in the UK.

Also, Fizz and Hope in and out of A&E in a couple of hours?

Pull the other one Blackburn!

In a world where ambulances take 3 hours to arrive in weatherfield, A&E is super efficient?
    :rolleyes:

Edit:
    Did Fizz go to A&E, the GP and the Paediatrician in the course of the double episode, which is meant to be a single day?

This is meant to be a soap, not a fantasy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭ByfocalPhoto

Under Irish law and I suspect English law a minor under the age of 18 can't give a statement to police without a responsible adult present. Bethany is a minor. Obvious plot hole.

Under Irish law and I suspect English law a minor under the age of 18 can't give a statement to police without a responsible adult present. Bethany is a minor. Obvious plot hole.

She could have used the services of the duty solicitor, but I'd imagine that Sarahlou would still have to be informed.

• Advertisement

kitten_k wrote: »

Liz can't really go without a man for less than 24 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Liz can't really go without a man for less than 24 hours

And nobody ever gets an std in Corrie with all that bedhopping! :( In Emmerdale they have dealt well with that subject - Val's HIV positive
    storyline, Diane's scare when she slept with Eric
    and Laurel's fright when she played away one night. A bit more realistic!!

brooke 2 wrote: »
    And nobody ever gets an std in Corrie with all that bedhopping! :( In Emmerdale they have dealt well with that subject - Val's HIV positive
    storyline, Diane's scare when she slept with Eric
    and Laurel's fright when she played away one night. A bit more realistic!!

I might have to go back to Emmerdale. Corrie is pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Val has just been killed. She died in a mirror maze when a helicopter crashed on it!! Echoes of the plot in Fair City when Neasa's boyfriend died when the mirror collapsed on him!!!

Emmerdale is the best soap its so under-rated

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Did they just have Lilys party at 9am?:confused:

Shane Ward looks lovely in a suit and that was a great wink he gave to Sally/Sean.

I like Sarah's purple top.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I was hoping someone would say but Bethany you couldn't have been with Callum I saw you in such a place around the time Jason got beaten up

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

fin12 wrote: »
    Shane Ward looks lovely in a suit and that was a great wink he gave to Sally/Sean.

I like Sarah's purple top.

Shayne looks lovely in anything :p

• Advertisement

Shayne looks lovely in anything :p

Ya but did you see that wink? it was brilliant and then he did a smile after

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement