Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

LynnGrace wrote: »

The only reason I will watch tonight is to see
    Tony, hopefully reversing over Callum a few times, and then dropping him into wet cement foundations somewhere.

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭ByfocalPhoto

I confess. I am looking forward to Tony getting hold of Callum.
    Is that wrong ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

syklops wrote: »
    FYP

Corrie's ratings would certainly go up if that were to happen.

tumblr_m97g5lD3RF1qleraio6_250.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

I think Shane Ward is doing a good job. Certainly a lot better than some of the more recent additions - Callum, Yazmeen, Robert...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

tumblr_m97g5lD3RF1qleraio6_250.gif

Love it! :D

I think Shane Ward is doing a good job. Certainly a lot better than some of the more recent additions - Callum, Yazmeen, Robert...

He's not bad tbh.

Actually think Kathy isn't too bad either. Bit of depth to her

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

She was driving a different car. A smaller one I believe due to her being unable to keep up the repayments on her fancier car. Now, where she got the money to buy a new -albeit smaller- car outright OR how in the hell she got any finance for a car considering that she's in so much debt that her previous car was repossessed is anyone's guess.

They mentioned that it was a hire car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Ah jeez, that "fight" was pathetic, I wanted to see a blank of wood or angle iron spurting blood from Calum and his two legs broken, the scumbag.......................................

.....too lightweight for me, I WANT MOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

:o, sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Bit of trivia about the actress - it may have been already mentioned. She used to be married to Sean Bean.

Back on topic... Callum was pathetic during the fight scene... as per.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

I've seen her on stage, she's very good. She was also very good in Brassed Off.
    jimmyw wrote: »
    Ah jeez, that "fight" was pathetic, I wanted to see a blank of wood or angle iron spurting blood from Calum and his two legs broken, the scumbag.......................................

Yeah. I was thinking something like this....

Probably a bit NSFW

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Ye she was Avaline out of Bread as well.

dubstarr wrote: »
    Ye she was Avaline out of Bread as well.

And Hazel in Auf Wiedershen Pet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

That beatdown was pretty satisfying, until bloody Liz showed up and stopped it. I honestly would've been okay with the entire double episode being nothing but Tony whaling on the unsurprisingly weedy Callum, ending with him broken physically and confinently, and with the entire Platt and Grimshaw clans turning a blind eye and protecting Tony from the police, much like the street did when Claire Peacock let loose on Tracy Barlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Very professional getup for a business meeting by the way, pretty sure Aiden lost a shirt button with each scene he was in.[/QUOTE]

And thats a bad thing why?:D

Im actually loving Shayne hes much better than i thought he would be.

jimmyw wrote: »

The boxsets have us all spoiled for choice. Its very hard to take Callum seriously when we've been exposed to the violence with Nidge and Fran, Walter White, The Barksdale crew, Game of thrones, etc. Its like watching cbeebies compared to those programmes.

The boxsets have us all spoiled for choice. Its very hard to take Callum seriously when we've been exposed to the violence with Nidge and Fran, Walter White, The Barksdale crew, Game of thrones, etc. Its like watching cbeebies compared to those programmes.

Maybe I was young and impressionable but Jezz Quigley was genuinely scary. Calum, crying like a pussy after Tony punched him a few times, weeping "What are you going to do to me?". He's like a villain from the sixties Batman series. I nearly expected a "Kapow" bubble to appear.

I really was hoping David had let the air out of his tyres. Just to add insult to injury. Alas....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I thought the scene where Tony was pulling Callum into the ginnel was funny it was something about the way Tony was dragging him

Maybe I was young and impressionable but Jezz Quigley was genuinely scary. Calum, crying like a pussy after Tony punched him a few times, weeping "What are you going to do to me?". He's like a villain from the sixties Batman series. I nearly expected a "Kapow" bubble to appear.

I really was hoping David had let the air out of his tyres. Just to add insult to injury. Alas....

No your dead right, Jez was very good. Really shows how far from grace that Corrie has fallen. The very fact that Callum is filling a vaacuum once filled by Jez insults our intelligence to the very core.

As for that pub that Callum drinks in, you'd almost expect Frank Maguire from Shameless to come in any second and tell everyone 'Fúck out' :D

• Advertisement

Trick missed there. David is brilliant btw. Evil little bastard :D

As for that pub that Callum drinks in, you'd almost expect Frank Maguire from Shameless to come in any second and tell everyone 'Fúck out' :D

You mean Frank Gallagher. The Maguires were the bat-sh1t crazy evil Irish family on Chatham estate. But yeah it did look like that, and thats the most real aspect, in that there are pubs like that around that area.

Although if it was continuing the reality streak, Callum would swagger into that place and have the cr@p kicked out of him by someone older, scarier and wiser.

You mean Frank Gallagher. The Maguires were the bat-sh1t crazy evil Irish family on Chatham estate. But yeah it did look like that, and thats the most real aspect, in that there are pubs like that around that area.

Although if it was continuing the reality streak, Callum would swagger into that place and have the cr@p kicked out of him by someone older, scarier and wiser.

Gallagher would have been the drunk at the counter but Maguire wold have been the lunatic who would just come into the pub with the family and order everyone around. They even had more influence then the cops

Gallagher would have been the drunk at the counter but Maguire wold have been the lunatic who would just come into the pub with the family and order everyone around. They even had more influence then the cops

You mean Paddy Maguire.

Frank Gallagher - alcoholic, work dodging, layabout
    Paddy Maguire - Scary, lunatic Irishman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

I remember Jez Quigley and i mind him as being one of the best villains. He was dark, he was sociopathic and when it came to violence he would get on wi it.

La_Gordy wrote: »
    I remember Jez Quigley and i mind him as being one of the best villains. He was dark, he was sociopathic and when it came to violence he would get on wi it.

Yeah none of this "You'll be sorry! Meanwhile Im going to run away...". malarkey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

He had such an evil grin! I remember the scene where he appeared at Steve's hospital bedside, determined to have one last go at him. Brilliant stuff.
    Now we have Callum throwing shapes. I'd be more afraid of Emily or Norris. :D

I hope they end that whole storyline very soon, it's beyond tiresome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

What I also just minded about Jez Quigley - he was tried for a crime (I think the murder of Natalie's son, but I canny mind) and the verdict was innocent, so due to double jeopardy he couldn't be tried again. This was great for showing a bit about the English legal system (granted in a dramatized, improbable way).

Whereas now, Callum is let out by the polis every half hour.

What I also just minded about Jez Quigley - he was tried for a crime (I think the murder of Natalie's son, but I canny mind) and the verdict was innocent, so due to double jeopardy he couldn't be tried again. This was great for showing a bit about the English legal system (granted in a dramatized, improbably way).

Whereas now, Callum is let out by the polis every half hour.

Are you Glaswegian?

• Advertisement

You mean Paddy Maguire.

Frank Gallagher - alcoholic, work dodging, layabout
    Paddy Maguire - Scary, lunatic Irishman.

Ah yes I see my error now.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement