Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I much prefer Peter with Leanne

Ah now, What did Peter do to deserve that? He's not that bad. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

This is rubbish the way they're throwing Tina and Peter together :rolleyes:
    How often have we ever seen Tina wandering around the street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Chucken wrote: »
    This is rubbish the way they're throwing Tina and Peter together :rolleyes:
    How often have we ever seen Tina wandering around the street?

Yes, how all great relationships begin...in soap land :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Bill1709

Absolute ridiculous and out of character behaviour by Tina Tango. Writers are ballsing this up

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭lucretiaborgia

Had to laugh at that between Tyrone and Rob about the mystery of the red knickers...we need some more light moments like this !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Rob has been in prison for how ever long, gets a job in his sisters small business, and suddenly he gets to drive a big feckin Audi.....tut! tut!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

ha ive a test tomorrow and i skitting away imagining jennas eyes in letterbox- like cookie monster gets when he sees a plate of cookies ROFL :pac:

Haha! Yeah! A definite Jim Henson creation for sure..Cookie monster's her double :D

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

These scenes with Tina & Peter are stupid. They've gone from zero interaction to where they'll probably be in bed next week.

I wonder are we getting a new Amy I can't remember when we last seen her??

Duvetdays wrote: »
    These scenes with Tina & Peter are stupid. They've gone from zero interaction to where they'll probably be in bed next week.

I wonder are we getting a new Amy I can't remember when we last seen her??

Yes, she got a passing mention tonight. I couldn't even remember her name lately, it was so long since she got a mention.

Gibbonw2 wrote: »
    Tinas character is getting rather pointless and directionless though, not to mention bland, charmless and devoid of any spark. Best to get rid of her. She has no family ties left and no property and realistically if you think about it what would be keeping a young girl there in a dreary backstreet part of manchester pulling pints, especially given the bad memories such a place holds. Ok, the baby issue may be the only factor in keeoing her but you could also argue that should be a factor in her leaving. Why would you want to hang around pulling pints for the likes of norris, tracey and gail and watching the child you sold to help the boyfriend who walked out on you for no reason grow up , knowing you wont be part of their life . Thats just my tuppence.

I've said it before...Tina, beautiful and all as she is, is completely lacking in passion and spirit. Her voice and manner are monotone and dreary. May God forgive me but when Tracy asked if Tommy left her 'cos she was 'boring', I tittered quietly and shamefully into my tea:o.

Do the writers expect us to believe that Tommy walked out just like that? After all the sh1t that went on between them..sure the poor chap was lovesick..he was so in love with her he too was starting to become boring:(.
    I thought she'd have to stop brushing her teeth and washing, to start eating with her mouth open and sitting on the toilet with the door open before he could bring himself to tear himself away from her:confused:. Now it's just Tina shrugging and saying in the same dull tone of voice "Tommy's gone"....'gone'????! Away to the airport?! What's wrong with round the corner in Bessie St or Rosamund St or even Liverpool? I thought he'd frig all money:confused:. And she doesn't give a hoot does she? Just walks around the street in circles all day eating chips and throwing bricks in peoples' windows:confused:.......................and her hair's a holy show:(

• Advertisement

Skylops thank you for your flattering comment. Also, U C the second, I'm glad I made you laugh yesterday. I enjoy reading both your posts xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 86,255 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did Tina ever love Tommy, no emotion at all from her over his exit and how lame and unneeded is her feud with Tracey :rolleyes:

Did Tina ever love Tommy, no emotion at all from her over his exit and how lame and unneeded is her feud with Tracey :rolleyes:

Yes, and Tracey's final line was so cringing. Tina spent more time outside on the street tonight than she has done since she first arrived. Ridiculous storyline.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Ann22 wrote: »
    I've said it before...Tina, beautiful and all as she is, is completely lacking in passion and spirit. Her voice and manner are monotone and dreary. May God forgive me but when Tracy asked if Tommy left her 'cos she was 'boring', I tittered quietly and shamefully into my tea:o.

Do the writers expect us to believe that Tommy walked out just like that? After all the sh1t that went on between them..sure the poor chap was lovesick..he was so in love with her he too was starting to become boring:(.

The writers don't have any choice with Tommy though. They had limited options on what to do, it was always going to be weird a character just disappearing.

I like Tina's mannerisms, better than getting over-excited all the time. She was consistently a good friend to David when he wanted to talk and helped Dennis as well. She seems like a nice girl to me.

The writers don't have any choice with Tommy though. They had limited options on what to do, it was always going to be weird a character just disappearing.

I like Tina's mannerisms, better than getting over-excited all the time. She was consistently a good friend to David when he wanted to talk and helped Dennis as well. She seems like a nice girl to me.

Yeah, she is a nice person no doubt, a good and loyal friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Half watched last night's episode today. Tommy just disappeared :D... They didn't even bother writing him out properly!

I agree. That was ridiculous! Nearly as bad as Roy's mother leaving without saying 'Goodbye' when Hayley is diagnosed with cancer.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Ann22 wrote: »

I thought she'd have to stop brushing her teeth and washing, to start eating with her mouth open and sitting on the toilet with the door open before he could bring himself to tear himself away from her:confused:. Now it's just Tina shrugging and saying in the same dull tone of voice "Tommy's gone"....'gone'????! Away to the airport?! What's wrong with round the corner in Bessie St or Rosamund St or even Liverpool? I thought he'd frig all money:confused:. And she doesn't give a hoot does she? Just walks around the street in circles all day eating chips and throwing bricks in peoples' windows:confused:.......................and her hair's a holy show:(

And is she still paying back that debt for him or is that all forgotten about?

happyday wrote: »
    I agree. That was ridiculous! Nearly as bad as Roy's mother leaving without saying 'Goodbye' when Hayley is diagnosed with cancer.:rolleyes:

Yes, that was really badly done. I read somewhere that the actress left abruptly , due to family circumstances, which is perfectly understandable, but the scriptwriters did a really bad job there. Roy's mother was a good character, and her departure really didn't tie in with her behaviour when Hayley was diagnosed. She helped Roy to see that he needed to support Hayley, and then...she disappeared. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Not watching Corrie at the min as the Haley and Roy storyline is breaking my heart. Way too close to home, that storyline. Devastated for both of them and they're doing a superb job acting from what I've seen.

Relying on this thread to keep me up to date with everything else that's happening in it! :) Ann, I love reading your synopsis haha.

As for Tina, i like her. Save for the ridiculous tan, she's believable. I think it's cute how she is with Rita and she seems like a good person. Do think her characters run her course though. Wouldn't like to see her murdered off.

Fingers crossed for a Kevin and Sally reunion. Jenna needs to go, she's a horrid pain in the ass.
    saw on front of magazine that nick is to attack Leanne. Wonder what that's all about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

I much prefer Peter with Leanne

They had a really good chemistry together, had some brilliant scenes as well.

I don't understand how Peter can head off with Tina, seeing that he gave so much up for Carla and how only a few days ago he was still madly in love with her.

I think they should leave well alone, and leave Peter and Carla together, I'm sick of couple in Corrie splitting up and getting together with somebody else all the time. We need soem solid long term relationships, like Stan & Hilda or Jack & Vera.

I just hope they keep Tyrone & Fizz together, hopefully Chesney & Sinead as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Seriously, what are they doing to Tina's character???

And her new lips are ridiculous!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Bill1709

Surely they could have made a gradual attempt at building up the tracy/tina conflict. It is very believable that 2 volatile characters may clash but to just suddenly explode the story like that is ridiculous. Typical nonsense storywriting. To go from zero interaction to hating eachother, threatening violence and throwing rocks through windows within 24 hours is just lazy. On another note whens Kevin back. He wont stand for Tinas knickers being stuffed up his exhausts. . , . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Bill1709 wrote: »
    Surely they could have made a gradual attempt at building up the tracy/tina conflict. It is very believable that 2 volatile characters may clash but to just suddenly explode the story like that is ridiculous. Typical nonsense storywriting. To go from zero interaction to hating eachother, threatening violence and throwing rocks through windows within 24 hours is just lazy. On another note whens Kevin back. He wont stand for Tinas knickers being stuffed up his exhausts. . , . . . .

don't think Kevin's back till February at the earliest (not sure if that's back on screen or back filming)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

The reason I stay watching Corrie is for lines like this:

Julie to Sally over an eclair:

"Well as a mum I've got to get used to putting other people first. I know you've had a lifetime of doing that. You can tell by your clothes."

:D:D

Yes that made me laugh. It seemed like a compliment, at first. Poor Sal then left wondering :D what exactly did she mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

That was a brilliant line alright!

The Tina/Tracy thing is totally overdone. You can tell they are real "filler" scenes and Tommy's disappearance was so badly done. I know they had to get rid of him at short notice but could he not just have gone to London or somewhere else for a while? Totally OTT that he fled to the airport.

Tina didn't seem to care about him leaving either way, despite all she's done for him. And as for the affair, Peter is old enough to be Tina's dad for heavens sake. :eek: Yuk.

Whiny Sophie could leave and I wouldn't care. She really is a pain, no wonder Jennas dumping her. I 'm glad Tim decided to stay with Sally, just to annoy her.

Gail is in top whiny form too over at the Bistro. I don't know who'd put me off my dinner more, her or Stella in her night club outfit. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Radio5 wrote: »
    Gail is in top whiny form too over at the Bistro. I don't know who'd put me off my dinner more, her or Stella in her night club outfit. :rolleyes:

Gail having the gall to comment on Stella's parenting skills... because she's turned out such wonderful children herself. Gah!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭Shelga

Aargh I despise the character of Sofeh! Such a whiny, self-righteous brat with a horrible accent and mannerisms, like constantly running her hand through her greasy hair :mad: Who does she think she is to be criticising her mother's choices! Feck off and find somewhere to live independently then, you stupid cow. I wish the character was axed, couldn't see the actress taking the acting world by storm outside of Manchester though :P

It's mad how worked up I get over a soap opera!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Tetra

Sophie is to get a new love interest (new character for the show)...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2478298/Coronation-Streets-brand-new-set-new-road-7-7-acre-location.html

doesn;t the new set look great. wonder if they'll use the new houses in Mawdsley st.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement