Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    When is the live episode?
    Coronation Street will go live during ITV's 60th anniversary week, which begins on September 21. To celebrate the milestone soap fans will see David, Kylie and Sarah Platt pushed to the edge by evil drug dealer Callum.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2015/0907/726347-corrie-baddie-callum-dreading-live-episode/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Radio5 wrote: »
    The quarry that Tracy and Carla went to looks very like the one they use for similar scenes in Emmerdale. I wonder if its the same place or in the same area?

I thought it looked identical to where the bus crash was filmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    When is the live episode?

As soon as Dev learns his lines! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,245 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

If Tony is building a granny flat for Gail at David's house, maybe Callum dead body will buried underneath but who kills him

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    If Tony is building a granny flat for Gail at David's house, maybe Callum dead body will buried underneath but who kills him

History repeating itself, but anything to get rid of Callum. Considering Tracey got away with murder once and nearly got away with two additional man-slaughters. I think Tony getting away with murder is perfectly acceptable if it means no more Callum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

but who kills him

Norris

syklops wrote: »
    History repeating itself, but anything to get rid of Callum. Considering Tracey got away with murder once and nearly got away with two additional man-slaughters. I think Tony getting away with murder is perfectly acceptable if it means no more Callum.

Lily and Max team up to kill him :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Coronation Street will go live during ITV's 60th anniversary week, which begins on September 21. To celebrate the milestone soap fans will see David, Kylie and Sarah Platt pushed to the edge by evil drug dealer Callum.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2015/0907/726347-corrie-baddie-callum-dreading-live-episode/

Woah cant believe its the 60th anniversary, just seems like yesterday they did the 50th anniversary, was that the tram crash live for the 50th anniversary?

fin12 wrote: »
    Woah cant believe its the 60th anniversary, just seems like yesterday they did the 50th anniversary, was that the tram crash live for the 50th anniversary?

It is ITV's 60th not Corrie 60th

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭antonymin

Tracy should get involved with Callum, she would sort him out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Wasn't Tracey about to hit Carla on the head with a heavy object (her "modus operandi" as in Charlie Stubbs) when she was disturbed and had to leave the flat quickly because she was disturbed (I forget what disturbed her :o).

She's an awful person, and I hope she gets her comeuppance soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭antonymin

Carla is a wreck, so is Fizz, Roy, Tracy, Simon, Chesney, Roy's female friend and a couple more I can't recall. Come on, Corrie, lighten up a bit.

It is ITV's 60th not Corrie 60th

Oh right so how many years ago did they do the live episode of the tram crash? That was for the 50th anniversary wasn't it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Just seen the trailer for the live show, very impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Just seen the trailer for the live show, very impressive.

Can't be very 'live' so if they've filmed a lot of it in advance. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Zeedan and Leanne, is it going to happen

What are the shippers calling them! Lee-dan? Zee-anne?

antonymin wrote: »
    Carla is a wreck, so is Fizz, Roy, Tracy, Simon, Chesney, Roy's female friend and a couple more I can't recall. Come on, Corrie, lighten up a bit.

The big difference between Carla and the rest on your list, is that Carla can carry it off.

Red Kev wrote: »

Only the spoliers have been filmed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Ah, gotcha. It was the trailer where David and Kylie get chased by the baddie and they stand on a cliff edge right in the middle of the street. Probably more of a teaser than a trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Ah, gotcha. It was the trailer where David and Kylie get chased by the baddie and they stand on a cliff edge right in the middle of the street. Probably more of a teaser than a trailer.

No that's a fake trailer they did to get suspense going for the live episodes. There's no sinkhole in the live episode - imaging there was lol - a quick clear out of the cast! :P

• Advertisement

Oh right so how many years ago did they do the live episode of the tram crash? That was for the 50th anniversary wasn't it?

Well, Kevin and Molly were still a thing and Jack is about 5, so I'd say it was about 5 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭ByfocalPhoto

So Jackson's family are taking Miley to Canada with no plan to return.
    Have Corrie's writers never heard of the Hague convention ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

So Jackson's family are taking Miley to Canada with no plan to return.
    Have Corrie's writers never heard of the Hague convention ?

Im assuming Faye gave up her parental rights when she handed over the baby.But i dont know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Faye showed up a couple of days ago for the first time since God knows when. Looks at the photos and skips off, not a care in the world to her.

One of the most utterly pointless stories ever devised on Corrie. No build up, (she was 7 months gone before she knew), never dealt with the trauma, never dealt with the aftermath of the birth except sporadically, never dealt with Faye giving the baby up. the story was dropped like a hot potato.

Now the family emigrate to get rid of the storyline completley. No doubt she will show up 20 years from now in a ....."Street shocker/ Gobby Miley/ Tell's it like she sees it/ Stillettos hit the famous cobbles/ some other shlte storyline.

Compare that to Sarah and how her pregnancy was dealt with and you see where Corrie is now, and where it's going to.

Faye showed up a couple of days ago for the first time since God knows when. Looks at the photos and skips off, not a care in the world to her. <snip>

That struck me too... I pay more attention if my daughters show me pictures of their dogs. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Right in the middle of the showdown between Carla & Tracey they cut to a different scene with Leanne & Simon hiding in a wardrobe.

Why? They just took the tension out of it. Terrible editing.

They're always doing crap like that.

The absolute worst was during the episode dealing with Deirdre's funeral.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Agreed.

Same with Deirdre's funeral scenes, they were interspersed with (usual rubbish) story lines and (over) acting from Callum, Bethany and Sara.
    Personally, I would have preferred to gaze at a blank screen, than look at that trio.
    It took from what should have been a tribute to Anne Kirkbride, RIP.

Much better comment than mine about the dreadful editing!! :):)

Extra hour-long episode of Coronation Street next Sunday (13th) from 7-8pm.

As per TV guide:
    Vengeful Jason goes after Callum. Roy and Cathy get an unexpected visitor. Can a gobsmacked Steve keep Andrea's secret?

Faye showed up a couple of days ago for the first time since God knows when. Looks at the photos and skips off, not a care in the world to her.

One of the most utterly pointless stories ever devised on Corrie. No build up, (she was 7 months gone before she knew), never dealt with the trauma, never dealt with the aftermath of the birth except sporadically, never dealt with Faye giving the baby up. the story was dropped like a hot potato.

Now the family emigrate to get rid of the storyline completley. No doubt she will show up 20 years from now in a ....."Street shocker/ Gobby Miley/ Tell's it like she sees it/ Stillettos hit the famous cobbles/ some other shlte storyline.

Compare that to Sarah and how her pregnancy was dealt with and you see where Corrie is now, and where it's going to.

I must have missed something last night because I just thought that they have gone to Canada for a holiday and that the baby and the family will be back again in 2 weeks???:confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I must have missed something last night because I just thought that they have gone to Canada for a holiday and that the baby and the family will be back again in 2 weeks???:confused::confused:

That's what I thought as well :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement