Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Hey does anybody know the name of the song playing in the background when Nick and Carla are in the bistro near the end of the episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

I think the one you mean is Photograph by Ed Sheerin.

Try This

• Registered Users Posts: 86,244 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Carla might give up the booze now but no still more red wine for her

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Well it's on next Thursday same time (same line up as tonight Emmerdale 7-8pm)... Also this Sunday (13th) Corrie is on for 1 hour from 7-8pm.
    Thanks for that Cortina. I'll set up a reminder :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought Carla might give up the booze now but no still more red wine for her

She's tapering off. ;)

• Advertisement

I think the one you mean is Photograph by Ed Sheerin.

Try This

Thanks Cortina, ya thats it, I was thinking it was Ed sheeran:):).

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭mapaca

I hated the way they shoe-horned Kirk into all those scenes, with his "oh-so-hilarious" comments. Especially in the pub beside Sally and Sophie.

One thing I don't understand - Robert was pushing Tracey to go to the police/Carla and tell the truth. Then when she does get arrested, he goes to Ken and tells him it was all a desperate ploy to save Carla from jumping off the cliff. Did I miss something?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gavkeegan

mapaca wrote: »

One thing I don't understand - Robert was pushing Tracey to go to the police/Carla and tell the truth. Then when she does get arrested, he goes to Ken and tells him it was all a desperate ploy to save Carla from jumping off the cliff. Did I miss something?

I think Robert wants Carla's ordeal to be over, but also to keep Tracy out of prison: because he genuinely loves her. Actually, I think he also believes Tracy that she didn't mean to start the fire on purpose. But he knows that either way Tracy could end up doing time inside: for manslaughter or whatever the charge would be...

The live episode doesn't seem to exciting
    Callum is killed by someone in the Platt family
    Ken & Audury spark
    Roy admits his feeling for Kathy
    Tim finds out about Sally & Kevin's kiss
    Alya pregnancy is discovered

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Ken & Audury spark
    Alya pregnancy is discovered

So
    Alya is pregnant?! Gotta love how she was showing all the symptoms of it, then they just dropped the whole storyline after the pregnancy test was discovered and now they are conveniently picking it back up again 😕😡

• Advertisement

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    So
    Alya is pregnant?! Gotta love how she was showing all the symptoms of it, then they just dropped the whole storyline after the pregnancy test was discovered and now they are conveniently picking it back up again 😕😡

She's been pregnant for weeks now Jason is the daddy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

She's been pregnant for weeks now Jason is the daddy

I know that. My point was simply that they completely dropped the storyline and all her symptoms of pregnancy and now many weeks later they are just picking it back up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

mapaca wrote: »
    I hated the way they shoe-horned Kirk into all those scenes, with his "oh-so-hilarious" comments. Especially in the pub beside Sally and Sophie.

I agree about Kirk. I found him irritating in the scenes at Eileen's house.
    That annoyed me too, Robert twisting the story. I don't think he is a good addition to Corrie. It's amazing that we never laid eyes on the chef before this, or anyone in the kitchen, now he is front of house all the time, and indeed left the 'sous chef' in charge the other day. This is a Bistro in a back street :pac:

Thank Christ. Hopefully its Lilly. We never see her anyway.

How will they conjure that one up? Have tim read about it in Sallys diary?

I didnt think
    Roy had any feelings for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

As soon as Robert came into it and he mentioned he was a chef, I knew he was going to end up in the bistro....yawn! Mad how they all work on the street.

I thought Alya's pregnancy test was negative.... (???) I'm not pushed on her character at all. Zeedan has grown on me though - keep him and sack the rear of the family. The mother's unbearable.

I think I'm the only person on the Boards planet who likes Kathy. She's a good actress too. Hayley got on my nerves. I couldn't tolerate her accent. Sinead's is awful too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

wat24 wrote:
    I was thinking maybe Nick rang them!

Nick said it was him.

Ann22 wrote: »
    As soon as Robert came into it and he mentioned he was a chef, I knew he was going to end up in the bistro....yawn! Mad how they all work on the street.

I thought Alya's pregnancy test was negative.... (???) I'm not pushed on her character at all. Zeedan has grown on me though - keep him and sack the rear of the family. The mother's unbearable.

I think I'm the only person on the Boards planet who likes Kathy. She's a good actress too. Hayley got on my nerves. I couldn't tolerate her accent. Sinead's is awful too.

Oh definitely, a vacancy just magically arose when Robert arrived.
    Alya is a pain, in my opinion. Very dull character. Zeedan is definitely becoming a better character. I hope they don't put him with Leanne though.

I like Cathy too. I like scenes with her and Roy, because they involve people who can act. Something that is unusual, at this stage in Corrie.

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    I know that. My point was simply that they completely dropped the storyline and all her symptoms of pregnancy and now many weeks later they are just picking it back up.

And she also seems to be going around in a great mood for somebody who ended up pregnant after a one night stand, cheated on her fiancee, acting like she doesn't have a care in the world.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

I understand there's a wilful suspension of disbelief needed when watching soaps, but the baby write out was a bit ridiculous, after all the time spent building up the storyline.

My favourite write out was Tommy Duckworth, after the actor got into a spot of bother in real life. As if anyone would jet off never to return when you have Michelle Keegan throwing herself at you.

Gandy seems to have vanished off the face of the earth similar to Carla's gambling problem :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Faye as Maria Von Trapp. That brought a smile to my face.

I hope we get to see her in action.

I understand there's a wilful suspension of disbelief needed when watching soaps, but the baby write out was a bit ridiculous, after all the time spent building up the storyline.

My favourite write out was Tommy Duckworth, after the actor got into a spot of bother in real life. As if anyone would jet off never to return when you have Michelle Keegan throwing herself at you.

To be fair Corrie's hand was forced with Tommy Duckworth. Actor was a complete idiot. I agree they could have made up more believable exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Jason needs a hair cut.

I'd say Ted in 'the Den' scared me more then Callum and Ted wasn't 1 bit scary.

That ad with them running from him is pathetic

I'd say Ted in 'the Den' scared me more then Callum and Ted wasn't 1 bit scary.

That ad with them running from him is pathetic

Ted was creepy as hell. He was when I was about 6 any way.

Either way, Callum is pathetic. When Tony caught him he was actually crying. Im not a violent person but everytime I see Calum throwing his weight around, I want to kick the bejaysus out of him.

No dear Lord please to Anna and Tim hooking up

I wonder has Robert a plan of his own for Tracy, he let Nick punch and fire him and then rehire him, strange that he lies again that Tracy is innocent to all except Carla

So glad to see Robert get a punch in the gob.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Anna getting stuck into the overcooked lasagne, and you can hear Garray trudging up the stairs, then yer wan Izzy rolls in 3 seconds later. How does that work?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

I was going to say Tracey needs to get her hair sorted, it being flat and lifeless looking. But then I'm thinking it's meant to be in contrast to Carla's full, flowing locks, part of the whole jealousy thing. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

• Advertisement

So David was going to call Jason if Callum didn't bring Max home, what could wounded Jason do?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement