Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

syklops wrote: »
    Faye as Maria Von Trapp. That brought a smile to my face. I hope we get to see her in action.

Somebody was out of tune singing "Doe a deer," don't know if it was Faye or Michelle Keeghandi, hope it was the latter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Somebody was out of tune singing "Doe a deer," don't know if it was Faye or Michelle Keeghandi, hope it was the latter.

Who?

And Im hoping its the former ;)

what was the point of Faye getting pregnant again

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

I have noticed ordinary litter bins in the Street, but they desperately need a Pregnancy Test Kit Disposal Unit hanging on some wall. I can't remember one case of the pissed-on test result not being picked up by some passer-by, and consequently being used to fuel some tired storyline. And there's still far too much eavesdropping going on - hardly a conversation goes on without another interested party being pressed against a wall around the corner, who then, misunderstanding what has been heard, scuttles off unseen and undiscovered, to pass on the wrong information with devastating, yet boring, consequences. Usually involving someone finishing up in a hospital bed with his/her life (you've guessed it) hanging by a thread.

Oliverdog wrote: »
    I have noticed ordinary litter bins in the Street, but they desperately need a Pregnancy Test Kit Disposal Unit hanging on some wall. I can't remember one case of the pissed-on test result not being picked up by some passer-by, and consequently being used to fuel some tired storyline. And there's still far too much eavesdropping going on - hardly a conversation goes on without another interested party being pressed against a wall around the corner, who then, misunderstanding what has been heard, scuttles off unseen and undiscovered, to pass on the wrong information with devastating, yet boring, consequences. Usually involving someone finishing up in a hospital bed with his/her life (you've guessed it) hanging by a thread.

I've got it! The next evolution in pregnancy test kits - Mission Impossible style self destruct. No blue line any more, instead a speaker which goes "Congratulations or not, your pregnant! This pregnancy test will self destruct in five seconds".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Is this the full extent of Tracy getting her comeuppance ?? No police charges but we'll be subjected to weeks of her shouting her innocence at all and sundry. Despite the fact that Robert knows what she did :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

jos28 wrote: »
    Is this the full extent of Tracy getting her comeuppance ?? No police charges but we'll be subjected to weeks of her shouting her innocence at all and sundry. Despite the fact that Robert knows what she did :confused::confused::confused:

Probably seeing as she's also got away with lying she'd slept with Roy, conning him into marrying her, selling her daughter. Hospitalising Claire, accusing Becky of pushing her down the stairs and even murdering Charlie, not to mention how many times she's slept with someone elses partner. So why would we expect the writers to break with the tradition of giving her a free pass, they seem to think viewers like her :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

piperh wrote: »
    they seem to think viewers like her :-/

We don't !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Aliya been pregnant?? Have they completely forgotten about that!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

what was the point of Faye getting pregnant again

omg for a second there I thought you were saying she was pregnant again like 2nd baby, my brain was a bit slow there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭jaded_pause

I feel like the producers have ADHD. I'm sorry if anyone is offended by this, but it's like OMG LETS DO A TEENAGE PREGNANCY STORY LINE! Doing it.. Ok i'm bored of that one now OMG LETS MAKE ALYA PREGNANT! Ok bored of that now. Corrie right now is a total mess.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

I feel like the producers have ADHD. I'm sorry if anyone is offended by this, but it's like OMG LETS DO A TEENAGE PREGNANCY STORY LINE! Doing it.. Ok i'm bored of that one now OMG LETS MAKE ALYA PREGNANT! Ok bored of that now. Corrie right now is a total mess.

Roy is the glue holding it all together. His friendships with Carla, Tyrone, Fizz, Anna, Gary etc., without him the whole thing would collapse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭bobbyss

The whole thing is ridiculous. Carla and Tracy on a cliff!!! That's just like what a 14 year old would write for a plot. It never fails to amuse me all the sackings that Carla dishes out o a whim. Did anyone catch why Robert was sacked? He was assaulted by the partner of the co owner and he ends up being sacked! The script writers must have banned trade unions in Wertherby.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

Carla and Tracey on the cliff and Carla is facing away from Tracey with bottle of alcohol in hand. Why in soaps do they always have one character with back turned. If someone spoke to me with back turned I'd be telling them to turn around so I could hear them properly.
    Happens all the time in soaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,079 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Corrie is on from 7-8 tonight.

Corrie is on from 7-8 tonight.

thank you

Corrie been a mess since Blackburn joined the show, fans of Emmerdale will also know he f*cked that show up when he was in charge

leave already :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Can someone tell me what happened to Anna's fella Owen? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

m'lady wrote: »
    Can someone tell me what happened to Anna's fella Owen? Thanks

I think he might have gone to Scotland for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Thanks fin, wasn't sure if he'd ended up in prison or they'd split up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Gandy and Michael seem to be great pals again.

• Advertisement

Its amazing how quickly wikipedia gets updated.

I googled for that game and under the popular culture section of wikipedia it said:
    Roy Cropper was seen playing the game in Coronation Street on September 13th 2015s episode having found it in his friend Cathy's house. He proclaimed it to be his " favourite board game of all time"

The episode only finished 10 minutes ago!

loved the shirt gag tonight that was funny, I also like Kathy nephew good actor

he is an romantic 2 girls on the go lol

• Registered Users Posts: 86,727 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did Max come to the Bistro on his own as I don't think he was Gail, David, Kylie and Lily

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did Max come to the Bistro on his own as I don't think he was Gail, David, Kylie and Lily

No, he was first in the door, though he was only in shot for a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Jesus Corrie is gone to the dogs lately. Used to mix comedy great with the likes of the Battersbys and Cilla.
    The Windasses and that Pakistani family are dreadful, they'd drain the life out of you listening to them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,727 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

No, he was first in the door, though he was only in shot for a second.

I must have missed that

David really wants Jason and Tony to solve his problem as in Callum :mad:

road_high wrote: »
    Jesus Corrie is gone to the dogs lately. Used to mix comedy great with the likes of the Battersbys and Cilla.
    The Windasses and that Pakistani family are dreadful, they'd drain the life out of you listening to them all.

It used to have everything. Drama, suspense, comedy, real bad guys, sometimes shocking storylines, sometimes endearing moments.

Richard Hillman was scary. A true psycho. Jezz Quigley was also really scary.

Betty in a bad mood was more intimidating than Callum is.

What was the name of Ritas foster daughter who hooked up with Kevin and planned to abduct Jack? That storyline was over in a couple of weeks. The John Lindsay story line slowly and perfectly unfolded. It wasn't rushed. Same for Richard Hillman.

Sarah-Lous pregnancy was a real shocker. Faye's was tired and boring and they have seen the error of their ways and have come up with a ludicrous way of closing that chapter in her life. Its been handled badly as well.

Jim McDonald former Para, got hospitalised by Eoin. Thats stretching the imagination a bit. Ah catch yerself on Stuart Blackburn.

Tracey has caused the deaths of 3 different people at this stage and is still walking the streets. She is one of the most hated characters on the show, and the actress, god bless her, is a third rate actress.

For the second time in about 3 months a pregnancy test kit "got into the wrong hands". Stealing a teenage pregnancy storyline from about 15 years ago is one thing. Recycling a plot device, three months after the last time it was used is just shameful. I ask you, who hides a pregnancy test behind a cushion? Its been peed on for a start. Id imagine most women would want to keep it near them at all times. Allya dropped hers into the bin at work. Again, its a stretch of the imagination that she would be that stupid. Its more realistic that she would do the test at home for a myriad of reasons.

And don't get me started on Dierdres final scenes.

I could go on and on and on and on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

Norris seems to be missing for a long time too? Surely he would have been out and about for Tracy Luv's latest story?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

syklops wrote: »
    It used to have everything. Drama, suspense, comedy, real bad guys, sometimes shocking storylines, sometimes endearing moments.

Isn't it terrible that nearly all of the regulars to this forum, and long term viewers, are having this same frustrated rant and yet the show is only getting more pish.

• Advertisement

Poor Jason he is a decent guy always done by in love & life

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement