Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Calling it now - Tony Kills Callum & puts him down Gail's manhole

I was thinking Max to kill Callum with Callum's gun. I need a where... If it was in the apartment, gunshots would be heard... Enter David, Kylie, Tony and Jason to cover up and Callum goes down Gail's manhole.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Please stop mentioning Gail's manhole :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Calling it now

Tony Kills Callum & puts him down Gail's manhole

I reckon Bethany or Sarah Lou myself. It would be too easy to put it down to Tony, he's been around the block a bit and probably has blood on his hands from a previous episode in his life.

Decent writers would get Bethany or Sarah Lou to do the job and use the trauma around this over the next few years, but this is the new Corrie. As someone said above, it's like the producers/writers have ADHD and drop storylines with no consequences.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    That sounds dirty :p

It was meant to
    Callum goes down Gail's manhole.

:D:D:D:D:D
    Please stop mentioning Gail's manhole :p

I can't breath right now I'm dying

Oh, Lads. Ye are awful, but I like ye!!!

• Advertisement

Oh, Lads. Ye are awful, but I like ye!!!

We need the bit of crack :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

I reckon Jason to batter Callum to a pulp, but not kill him. Kylie to stumble across him and deliver the coup de grâce, and herself and Tony dispose of the body under the garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I would say there was plenty down Gails manhole,whats one more:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

That sounds dirty :p

and quite painful :)

I reckon Jason to batter Callum to a pulp, but not kill him. Kylie to stumble across him and deliver the coup de grâce, and herself and Tony dispose of the body under the garage.

Na it will be Lily with Gail's hair brush :p

• Advertisement

BTW.. in the scene where Steve, his Mum, Michelle and Lloyd were in the Bistro the sign behind Liz advertised a pasta dish with "puttanesca" sauce.

The sauce is from Naples and literally means 'whore style' sauce. It was eaten by the ladies of the night in the docks before a nights work. Me knoweth this as its my speciality dish, but I wonder if it was an inside joke by the crew.

Red Kev wrote: »
    BTW.. in the scene where Steve, his Mum, Michelle and Lloyd were in the Bistro the sign behind Liz advertised a pasta dish with "puttanesca" sauce.

The sauce is from Naples and literally means 'whore style' sauce. It was eaten by the ladies of the night in the docks before a nights work. Me knoweth this as its my speciality dish, but I wonder if it was an inside joke by the crew.

Liz needs to get an STI story line she's had more sex than hot dinners "Blanche" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I love how Liz called herself a mug while handing Lloyd an actual mug.
    And she was drinking from a mug labelled "World's Best Granny".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 652 ✭✭✭DanielODonnell

i have the misfortune of having to work during the live episode, i wonder would it be worth taking the day off?

i have the misfortune of having to work during the live episode, i wonder would it be worth taking the day off?

just record it on your sky or chorus box & avoid the internet all day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

We're not even going to talk about that absoloute balloon that was with the fella demanding money off Callum? With the wide eyed grin and the crazy facial hair, it was like they were trying to make the campy Callum normal by comparison.

Speaking of hired goons, how have Callum's not been identified yet. Callum even felt secure in getting the same two to thrash Audrey's as the guys who put Jason in intensive care. People who got a good look at the huge guy with the tattoos and the guy with the tall dreadlocks, but couldn't describe them to the police because "it all happened so fast":

Jason (albeit with head injuries sustained so he probably gets a pass)
    Roy and Anna (long looks, with Roy getting a bit wary of them and Anna noting one guy's tats)
    Audrey (likely standing watching them as they trashed the shop)
    Ken (the worst offender, a logical man who'd likely remember detail, stared them dead in the eye for a prolonged time and exchanged words, with the knowledge that they had done harm to his friend)
    Any CCTV at all, despite the Jason and Audrey incidents having exactly known times and the goons having visited many locations on the street with no spotting by cameras that, at the very least, Underworld, the Bistro, the kebab place, the builder's yardand Victoria Court should have even if the Rovers, Roys Rolls (which given the amount of bother he's had from thugs and bullies, that he never put up in or outside the cafe), Barlow's, the garage and Audrey's do not.

But hey it's not like selective blindness is the weirdest thing these characters have shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Callum has to be the most ridiculous soap character in quite some time. He's a caricature!

If it was the same two thugs Callum used, why had he to be so exact in directions? Weren't they on the street before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Its your call, but Corrie has been so poor of late I wouldn't be spending days off just to watch the live episode.

I'll be at home in time for it an even then I'll still just watch it on Sky+ to avoid the adverts.
    If it was the same two thugs Callum used, why had he to be so exact in directions? Weren't they on the street before?

Weren't they the two who caused problems in the rovers as well? So yeah, why was Callum telling theres a pub on the corner called the rovers, when they've been there before.

I wonder do the writers actually watch Corrie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Its been a while since I've had something good to say about Corrie, but it was nice to be surprised by a storyline, which hadn't been leaked to the Sun six weeks earlier.

Plus its nice to see Eva again.

But, Lloyd and Steve warring again is not a welcome change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

[/quote]
    syklops wrote: »
    Its been a while since I've had something good to say about Corrie, but it was nice to be surprised by a storyline, which hadn't been leaked to the Sun six weeks earlier.

Plus its nice to see Eva again.

I was thinking the same thing. I didn't know Eva was coming back. I liked Eva and Jason as a couple.

I thought Callum had two days to get the cash together. Surely they're up by now?

Also why do the cops show up and arrest ordinary people on a bit of hearsay yet can't arrest Callum (someone the cops want to catch) on the verbal evidence of any of the Platt's. Permanently trespassing, threatening and intimidating people, yet nobody does anything.

The fellas who trashed Audrey's shop had fingerprints over evérything including the till drawer that she gave them but the cops do nothing. It's a right PITA at this stage.

Nice to see Eva back, love her 'dwarf' comments to Sarah.

Red Kev wrote: »
    I thought Callum had two days to get the cash together. Surely they're up by now?

Also why do the cops show up and arrest ordinary people on a bit of hearsay yet can't arrest Callum (someone the cops want to catch) on the verbal evidence of any of the Platt's. Permanently trespassing, threatening and intimidating people, yet nobody does anything.

The fellas who trashed Audrey's shop had fingerprints over evérything including the till drawer that she gave them but the cops do nothing. It's a right PITA at this stage.

Nice to see Eva back, love her 'dwarf' comments to Sarah.

+ 1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Ann22 wrote: »
    Daft, that Audrey said she couldn't describe the attackers. ..Wtf?! One was quite ordinary looking alright but the other was black with dreadlocks. She'd be a dawdle to beat in a game of Guess Who. Just as well the two scumbags showed up again. It was getting beyond ridiculous that Calum just had Vicky Pollard as a minion.
    I fast forward all the scenes with Maria and your man and his sister and Andy. I can't summon up the interest in them at all.

and they were the same guys that Tony saw as well running from the ginel, sorry dont know how to spell that, who beat up Jason.

Jikashi wrote: »
    We're not even going to talk about that absoloute balloon that was with the fella demanding money off Callum? With the wide eyed grin and the crazy facial hair, it was like they were trying to make the campy Callum normal by comparison.

Speaking of hired goons, how have Callum's not been identified yet. Callum even felt secure in getting the same two to thrash Audrey's as the guys who put Jason in intensive care. People who got a good look at the huge guy with the tattoos and the guy with the tall dreadlocks, but couldn't describe them to the police because "it all happened so fast":

Jason (albeit with head injuries sustained so he probably gets a pass)
    Roy and Anna (long looks, with Roy getting a bit wary of them and Anna noting one guy's tats)
    Audrey (likely standing watching them as they trashed the shop)
    Ken (the worst offender, a logical man who'd likely remember detail, stared them dead in the eye for a prolonged time and exchanged words, with the knowledge that they had done harm to his friend)
    Any CCTV at all, despite the Jason and Audrey incidents having exactly known times and the goons having visited many locations on the street with no spotting by cameras that, at the very least, Underworld, the Bistro, the kebab place, the builder's yardand Victoria Court should have even if the Rovers, Roys Rolls (which given the amount of bother he's had from thugs and bullies, that he never put up in or outside the cafe), Barlow's, the garage and Audrey's do not.

But hey it's not like selective blindness is the weirdest thing these characters have shown.

Ya that was so weird the gangster that broke into Callum's flat demanding his money, while he was eating cheese puffs, so weird? like who thought ok lets have him eating cheese puffs while beating up Callum? Weird. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

I love cheesy puffs
    You love cheesy puffs
    If we didn't have cheesy puffs
    We'd be lame

I love cheesy puffs
    You love cheesy puffs
    We'd be lame

I love them too but I certainly wouldn't be eating a bag of them while I'm beating up someone haahah.:):)

I love cheesy puffs
    You love cheesy puffs
    We'd be lame

I'm talking night court in its fifth season lame :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Re Audrey's break-in..Did the police interview Ken? He could have given a good description, the lads answered the salon door to him after all!

Such a ridculous storyline, they could have at least had different guys break in to the salon, Callum is always mouthing off about how many "friends" he has.

Unless the writers thought the viewers are too stupid to understand there could have been many more people involved with Callum other than the 2 heavies, Vicky Pollard and the infamous "Macca" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I think the live episode will be a damp squib. If they kill off Callum, at least that would be something. I'm not sure the scriptwriters / producers will kill him off. Probably afraid Vicky Pollard will haunt them, if they do :P...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement